The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by alishasmithx
Oh, that's perfect! I'm clearly just too lazy to go trawling through the whole thread. Far too many pages :redface:

Thank you so much for your information, though! It's definitely put my mind at rest for a while.

Haha no problem :smile: I can empathise with you. LSE is basically my first choice and just thinking about it makes me nervous….
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Can I ask when you actually sent off your application and when you received your two-week email as I'm way past two weeks and still haven't heard from them regarding a five-week email! :confused: :s-smilie:

Don't forget that intl. students tend to receive decisions sooner than home students. :smile:
From her post, she appears to be from the middle east.

I've yet to see any posts from home/EU students stating they've received the 5 week email for straight IR.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just to clarify: everyone is still in the dark as to what happens after the 5 week email, yes?

Hello to everyone by the way! Geography applicant here (3.5 weeks into my 5 week email...)
Reply 1123
Original post by weetabixing
Just to clarify: everyone is still in the dark as to what happens after the 5 week email, yes?

Hello to everyone by the way! Geography applicant here (3.5 weeks into my 5 week email...)

I also applied to LSE and a representative visited my school so I asked her about the e-mail procedure.

It works step by step - they sort out applicants e-mail by e-mail by checking predicted grades and strength of statement. If you've met them both, then you'll generally be waiting longer as they wait for other similarly strong applicants to apply and then compare.

So, after the 5-week email, a lot of us will be getting another e-mail asking us to wait longer... she said that the waiting could take up to march.

Hope that clears it up for you all :smile:
Reply 1124
Original post by gouratiltzen
Don't forget that intl. students tend to receive decisions sooner than home students. :smile:
From her post, she appears to be from the middle east.

I've yet to see any posts from home/EU students stating they've received the 5 week email for straight IR.

I've received the 5 week email for straight IR (2 weeks ago)... and i'm a home student :banana:

I thought the same about international students getting their decisions sooner than home students, but when I asked a representative of LSE who visited my school she denied that. :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zettel
I've received the 5 week email for straight IR (2 weeks ago)... and i'm a home student :banana:

I thought the same about international students getting their decisions sooner than home students, but when I asked a representative of LSE who visited my school she denied that. :confused:

I'm an international student (Australia) and I'm still waiting like the rest of you are! 4 weeks after my 5 weeks email so far :smile: So from where I stand, it doesn't seem like international students get their decision sooner...
Original post by zettel
So, after the 5-week email, a lot of us will be getting another e-mail asking us to wait longer... she said that the waiting could take up to march.

Thanks for the nugget of information. Luckily, I think she meant March as a general rule as to when the system will finish for everyone. Upon application they say the final decision will be made before 12 weeks / March whichever is sooner. My 12 weeks end the week before Christmas.
Reply 1127
Original post by kelly61566
I'm an international student (Australia) and I'm still waiting like the rest of you are! 4 weeks after my 5 weeks email so far :smile: So from where I stand, it doesn't seem like international students get their decision sooner...

I agree. I'm an international as we'll and around 4 weeks into my five week email. Hopefully we will receive a reply by the end of next week :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dente
I agree. I'm an international as we'll and around 4 weeks into my five week email. Hopefully we will receive a reply by the end of next week :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so nervous!!! this is distracting me so much from my final exams :mad:

good luck everyone!
Original post by zettel

I stand corrected :smile:
Hi fellow LSE applicants :smile:
bit worried here, hoping you guys can tell me if there's any point me applying to LSE. It is my dream university.

i have 10 a* 4 a's at gcse
my a levels chemistry 94% biology 96% history 100% literature (only 92% but dw, I have dropped this at a2)

i have been predicted 3 A*s

is there any point me applying for history at LSE? So worried right now because I know how competitive the subject is :s
Reply 1131
Original post by George miller
bit worried here, hoping you guys can tell me if there's any point me applying to LSE. It is my dream university.

my a levels chemistry 94% biology 96% history 100% literature (only 92% but dw, I have dropped this at a2)

is there any point me applying for history at LSE? So worried right now because I know how competitive the subject is :s

Seriously?
Original post by benq
Seriously?

Yh, but I'm worried that I've gone to an absolutely **** school, and this is going to go against me. I think they just like people from private schools and I made stupid mistakes in my As level exams and so my UMS could have been higher :/
Yh, but I'm worried that I've gone to an absolutely **** school, and this is going to go against me. I think they just like people from private schools and I made stupid mistakes in my As level exams and so my UMS could have been higher :/

I've applied for History. I come from a state school, which is pretty high on the league tables. My GCSE's are 2A* 6A 3B 1C. AS levels: AAAE A2 predictions: A*AA.
You are in such a better position than me.
P.S I resat year 12, and my referee has written about 3 pages for my mitigating circumstances. (They date back to GCSE's and are pretty shocking to say the least.)

You should apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If LSE are anything like Oxford, they'll take into consideration the quality of your school. I got 11 A*s at GCSE, but I got to a private school. The average here for A*s will be higher than at state schools. Thus someone who got 6 A*s at a comparatively 'awful' school where the average is 1 A* will be just as, if not more impressive than someone like me who got 11 A*s at school where the average was 5/6 A*s.

The admissions staff aren't stupid. They recognise when a person has exceeded the average for their school, even if the average is low.
Reply 1135

You will probably be the 'cream of the crop' of history applicants! Include that 100% UMS in the reference and I am pretty sure they'll take one look at you and just give an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
my gcses are 8 a* 2 distinction * (bmat :s) and 4 a's at gcse (I took 3 extra gcses)
ive been predicted A* A* A for predicted grades and have strong As achieved last yr in AS. I have a good personal statement (in my op) and go to a state skl that is below par which also enables me contextual offers
id love to know if u guys think this is enough for a decent run for LAW at LSE and also if anyone knows if you find out if you have an offer/ rejection after they send the 5 weeks email..
thanks! :smile:
Reply 1137
Original post by deatheater4134
Hi,
my gcses are 8 a* 2 distinction * (bmat :s) and 4 a's at gcse (I took 3 extra gcses)
ive been predicted A* A* A for predicted grades and have strong As achieved last yr in AS. I have a good personal statement (in my op) and go to a state skl that is below par which also enables me contextual offers
id love to know if u guys think this is enough for a decent run for LAW at LSE and also if anyone knows if you find out if you have an offer/ rejection after they send the 5 weeks email..
thanks! :smile:

From what I can see you're in for a good chance! Law is horrendously competitive though so it would be very hard to tell you a yes/no answer because there will be people with worse, similar and even better grades so it probably comes down to the PS!

Well I'm on the first week of the 5 week email and nothing yet, but there have been posts earlier on where people have got offers/rejections during the 5 week period!
Hello everyone,

Did anyone applied for the BSc in economics and economic history ?

If yes, where are you in the admission process and what are your predicted grades ?

Cheers,

Studio :smile:
Reply 1139
Original post by StudioBagel
Hello everyone,

Did anyone applied for the BSc in economics and economic history ?

If yes, where are you in the admission process and what are your predicted grades ?

Cheers,

Studio :smile:

Not too sure which department handles your application, it might be the economic history one?

However, I applied for Economic History as a single honours and I am currently 1 week and a day into the 5 week process and my predicted grades are A*AA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending