The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by balzac
Just received an offer for economics at LSE, having received the five weeks email four weeks and one day ago.

Congrats!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1301
Thanks. They want A*AA at a-level, including A* in maths (which I already have), and a pass in further maths as a fourth subject.
Original post by balzac
Just received an offer for economics at LSE, having received the five weeks email four weeks and one day ago.

Congrats. Can I ask for GCSEs, AS, A2 predictions, and if (and when) they sent the questionnaire.
Reply 1303
Original post by balzac

HUGE congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 1304
Original post by balzac

congrats!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniyalfaiz
I applied oxford and imperial which i have messed up on! Then i have LSE which was always my first choice :smile: and Warwick and UCL!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow - we shared 4 of our choices! (I applied to Durham rather than UCL) At least the fact that Oxford and Imperial weren't your favourites makes that MAT hurt a little less (hopefully :frown:). Best of luck with them all :smile:
Reply 1306
Original post by Mike_123
Congrats. Can I ask for GCSEs, AS, A2 predictions, and if (and when) they sent the questionnaire.

8A*s 2As at GCSE

AS: 199/200 UMS French, 199/200 UMS Economics, 281/300 Maths
Also have A* in maths A-level, 555/600 UMS.
Recieved very high (>95%) scores in C1,2,3,4 but only got Bs in S2, M1 and M2.

Predicted 3A*s (Further maths, French, Economics) in A2.

Also have merit in AEA, and I am doing AS Further Maths Additional.

They sent the questionnaire on 08 October and the five week email on the 11th October.

I was a fairly strong applicant other than the applied maths grades (good PS, good interns, target 2.0 captain, leader of a student society, volunteering abroad).
Original post by balzac
8A*s 2As at GCSE

AS: 199/200 UMS French, 199/200 UMS Economics, 281/300 Maths
Also have A* in maths A-level, 555/600 UMS.
Recieved very high (>95%) scores in C1,2,3,4 but only got Bs in S2, M1 and M2.

Predicted 3A*s (Further maths, French, Economics) in A2.

Also have merit in AEA, and I am doing AS Further Maths Additional.

They sent the questionnaire on 08 October and the five week email on the 11th October.

I was a fairly strong applicant other than the applied maths grades (good PS, good interns, target 2.0 captain, leader of a student society, volunteering abroad).

Impressive record. Well done again.
Original post by ryazd
I'm not an international student! I'm just from Iran :P I've grown up here, done all my schooling here... I just talked about my heritage!

Ah I see!
Reply 1309
Do LSE ask for UMS from its law applicants?
Just wondering, have any international applicants received an offer for economics yet?
Reply 1311
Original post by LittleRedDot
Just wondering, have any international applicants received an offer for economics yet?

:cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ErHi?
the borderline applicants will have to wait until after 15 Jan!

Doubt it as they've committed to 12 weeks after receipt of application? Of course they might be annoying and keep us waiting...but I think if they do decide you're borderline they'll just draw it out a bit longer to see what the pool is like later on in the process, but they won't be able to compare you to EVERYONE. I think (read: MADLY HOPE FOR FEAR OF DEATH OF NERVES) we won't have to wait til March since they said straight off the bat that that it's 12 weeks.
Reply 1313
Original post by js15398
Do LSE ask for UMS from its law applicants?

no
Reply 1314
any offers for V146?
Reply 1315
Original post by Mike_123
I don't believe the 5 week is the final stage.

This is unfair on applicants to Oxbridge/early applicants. We are being compared to a stronger sample pool, so I assume those who don't quite cut a straight offer will be sent to the gathered pool and will receive a decision Feb-March.

I actually think we actually have a slight advantage applying so early. You see, all the Oxbridge applicants will apply before the 15th, LSE will identify this. LSE will know that among these Oxbridge applicants, some will get into Oxbridge and reject LSE. So it would only be natural to give out a lot more offers than places to the whole group that applied before the 15th.
This is just my own theory :biggrin:
Reply 1316
Original post by goweee
I actually think we actually have a slight advantage applying so early. You see, all the Oxbridge applicants will apply before the 15th, LSE will identify this. LSE will know that among these Oxbridge applicants, some will get into Oxbridge and reject LSE. So it would only be natural to give out a lot more offers than places to the whole group that applied before the 15th.
This is just my own theory :biggrin:

Well said. But maybe for some courses like economics and law people will prefer LSE to oxford. Im just saying maybe
Reply 1317
anyone got offer from econometric and math eco?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1318
This is what LSE replied after I asked them about the 5-week emails. I just hope they wont mind me sharing this.

Thank you for your email. The correspondence which you have received confirms that your application is considered strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further details as to the status of you application at this stage. We will notify you of the outcome of your application as per the previous email in due course. We aim to make all final decisions on 'on-time' applicants by 31
st March 2014
Reply 1319
Original post by weetabixing
Doubt it as they've committed to 12 weeks after receipt of application? Of course they might be annoying and keep us waiting...but I think if they do decide you're borderline they'll just draw it out a bit longer to see what the pool is like later on in the process, but they won't be able to compare you to EVERYONE. I think (read: MADLY HOPE FOR FEAR OF DEATH OF NERVES) we won't have to wait til March since they said straight off the bat that that it's 12 weeks.

Oh yes! TOTALLY forgot about that.... They better keep to the 12 weeks word then :biggrin: don't think I could bare waiting until March :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending