The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by yxcai
How many students will receive this e-mail? I apply for BMS.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take up to four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

congratulations man. I've never seen anyone receiving that email and probably you are amongst the few. Its best to assume than it means what it says.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by yxcai
How many students will receive this e-mail? I apply for BMS.

I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take up to four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

Wow what grades did you get?
Original post by defeatedmac
I did. I called them up and they told me over the phone that, "Why on earth would economics not be considered relevant to your application? *chuckle*"

And either way, the university has Economics in it's bloody name... you'd think they'd consider it a relevant subject to study there

:facepalm:

That's really odd, because I emailed them a few months back, and they said that both AP Micro and AP Macro were counted together as one and were considered relevant, although they weren't listed.
Original post by chriselle15
what did you apply for?

IR
Reply 1724
Anyone had any offers for Pol&Phil? This Friday will be my 4th out of 5 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1725
Original post by yxcai
Anyone got offer/Rej from BMS?

I am waiting for BMS. I am in the 3rd week of my 5 week email. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benq
Are you transferring to LSE from BIEMF?

Not transferring as I am applying for a 1st year entry :smile: But yes I am currently enrolled in the BIEMF programme if that was your actual question :smile: Are you applying to Government and Economics as well ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by snwh
What's Bocconi like?
I'm a domestic applicant on a gap year so I've also achieved my grades - A*A*A*A*

That's sweet ! I'm sure you'll get in with those grades ! Bocconi is pretty great, however to me it lacks the "broad-knowledge" and political aspects that I enjoy in the Government and Economics programme of LSE ! But I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a strong undergraduate degree in either Economics/Management or Finance. Lifestyle and reputation are quite amazing ! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Any management offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1729
Original post by gouratiltzen
Same here.

Me too, been 7 weeks since my 2 week email
Reply 1730
Has anyone actually gotten an offer for IR? I've been waiting for like a month and a half for a 5 week email! Got my 2 week email, 7 weeks ago!! So annoyed.

Should i email them and ask?
Original post by Shehr
Has anyone actually gotten an offer for IR? I've been waiting for like a month and a half for a 5 week email! Got my 2 week email, 7 weeks ago!! So annoyed.

Should i email them and ask?

In the same boat here for economics and philosophy
Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
got my 7 week email on friday so 3 days after my 2 week email (hopefully this means they'll be quick in deciding)

'Fraid not.. Got mine a day after my 2 week one and they're still taking an absolute age! :')
Original post by Portia1993
'Fraid not.. Got mine a day after my 2 week one and they're still taking an absolute age! :')

awww this waiting is killing me :s-smilie: i actually prefer the unis where they say nothing at all until they send out decisions
awww this waiting is killing me :s-smilie: i actually prefer the unis where they say nothing at all until they send out decisions

I don't like them either :frown: Been waiting over 5 weeks for a decision from King's (they say they'll make a decision within 6) and still nothing D: It's driving me insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1735
Original post by President M.E.
In the same boat here for economics and philosophy

Just emailed them about it!:smile:
I don't like them either :frown: Been waiting over 5 weeks for a decision from King's (they say they'll make a decision within 6) and still nothing D: It's driving me insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It just makes me have a mini panic when i'm approaching a deadline or on fridays as apparently they send out alot of offers/rejections at end of week. All the while i've been panicking about LSE I got a random Manchester offer that I totally wasn't expecting. Is LSE your first choice?
It just makes me have a mini panic when i'm approaching a deadline or on fridays as apparently they send out alot of offers/rejections at end of week. All the while i've been panicking about LSE I got a random Manchester offer that I totally wasn't expecting. Is LSE your first choice?

:P always nice to get a random offer! xD
Cambridge is my first though if I don't get in (I probably won't) then my first back up is probably Westminster as they allow parts of years away to do internships with Government and such :biggrin:
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:P always nice to get a random offer! xD
Cambridge is my first though if I don't get in (I probably won't) then my first back up is probably Westminster as they allow parts of years away to do internships with Government and such :biggrin:
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the moment I really like Durham, although I seem to change my mind all the time, Manchester is my defo insurance. And good luck with Cambridge, i live there, it's a really nice city :smile:
At the moment I really like Durham, although I seem to change my mind all the time, Manchester is my defo insurance. And good luck with Cambridge, i live there, it's a really nice city :smile:

Ooh, Manchester and Durham look really good :3
Good luck with your choices! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending