The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends. Do you think she would use it often?
It obviously depends on your income, as well as her expectations
Can she afford to spend that much on you? A bit embarassing for her if she can only afford to spend say £20 and you buy that for her.

This is why me and my boyfriend agree with one another what the other is getting..
Reply 4
Then in 6 months she'll be expecting something much more expensive. Don't.

It's a slippery slope.
Reply 5
would be foolish if you did
Reply 6
I think it would be a great gift personally. :smile: And I'm sure you understand if she can't spend as much on you.
Too expensive, unless shes getting you soemthing similar, you need to discuss budgets...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on lots of things:

How serious the relationship has got in that 6 months
If you can comfortably afford it
How much she's planning to spend on you
How much she would love it/get use out of it
I'd prefer lots of littler presents than one thing like that. For our first Christmas, me and my boyfriend spent around £100 on each other (I had to save up for this - my family isn't particularly well-off), but that was because we were really excited and had so many ideas of fun things to get each other!
You should make her a mixtape with her favourite songs instead :biggrin: cheaper and more heartfelt :smile:
Would it make you happy to purchase this for her? If so then do it. If you know that you will not be comparing the prices of gifts later on then it is ok.
Reply 13
I think thats a nice gift! As long as she is on the same price range, that'll be fine.
Reply 14
I think it's a good gift. I aim to spend £100 or so on loved ones, and if it's something you know she'll get a lot of use out of etc then I'd go for it :smile: Perhaps speak to her first, she may feel bad if she only spends like £20 on you whilst you get that for her, some people aren't comfortable with expensive gifts.
Not really, me and my ex used to spend around £100 on each other at christmas.
Yeh bro buy her a magnum!
Original post by deedee123
Not really, me and my ex used to spend around £100 on each other at christmas.

Thats why you broke up.

I joke i joke.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Thats why you broke up.

I joke i joke.

awful present in my eyes.. if a guy/girl got me that, I would pretend to be happy, but be really disapointed..

It just doesnt seem personal or special to her/you.. its just an ipod..

Would prefer sometihng much smaller, and cheaper, or even free.. but something that was meaningful, heartfelt and lovely :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest