The Student Room Group

Where to engrave?

So it's coming up to Christmas and I am thinking of getting my girlfriend a gift, a piece of jewellery. The jewellery item can be engraved on the front or the back. I was thinking of getting it engraved with my name for her. Would it look a bit crass or odd to engrave it on the front? Since it's a guy's name and she's a girl.

Or get it engraved on the back? More discreet and maybe she might prefer that and perhaps more subtle.

She's into me but I would prefer something that would be comfortable for her but obviously as a present I don't want to ask her to spoil what it is I'm giving her.

There's a limited number of characters that can be engraved hence why I am limited as to what to put to little more than my name.
Reply 2
The back otherwise she constantly will have to explain the pet name to all and sundry.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
The back otherwise she constantly will have to explain the pet name to all and sundry.

I think you are probably right, it could get annoying on the front. People keep asking and going around with it so visible. I could do initials on the front which is a bit more discreet but initials can mean anything and may seemingly perhaps lack sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending