The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Any one apply to UCL for medicinal chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keelahla
Any one apply to UCL for medicinal chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! Me!
Where else are you thinking of applying?
Reply 562
Original post by andyt8765
Offer from Warwick - AAB :biggrin:

Oh man! They still haven't replied to my email :frown:
But congratulations!!
Do you have any idea why some offers are ABB and some are AAB?
Edit: ignore my question, just read your post on the Warwick thread.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 563
So I had an interview at Sheffield scheduled for the 26th, but I looked for train tickets and they were way too expensive and I had no-one who could drive me. So I emailed them explaining the situation and they've given me an offer without an interview!! :dance:
Original post by Gotzz
So I had an interview at Sheffield scheduled for the 26th, but I looked for train tickets and they were way too expensive and I had no-one who could drive me. So I emailed them explaining the situation and they've given me an offer without an interview!! :dance:

That's excellent! Congrats! :biggrin:

Anyone else for the Nottingham visit day on the 4th December?
Reply 565
Original post by ethery
That's excellent! Congrats! :biggrin:

Anyone else for the Nottingham visit day on the 4th December?

Thanks! Mine is on 13th February :eek:
Edit: it's actually the 12th.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Gotzz

Congratulations! They were going to give you an offer regardless of how your interview went! Well done :smile:
Original post by Gotzz
Thanks! Mine is on 13th February :eek:

Ah, I see. I think that one was full when I booked. I had a February date available but it wasn't that one!
Reply 568
Original post by theCreator
Congratulations! They were going to give you an offer regardless of how your interview went! Well done :smile:

Well I wasn't certain, they didn't make it very clear :colondollar: Thanks!
Reply 569
Original post by ethery
Ah, I see. I think that one was full when I booked. I had a February date available but it wasn't that one!

Oh okay. I may have opted out of having one in December as I'll be having other interviews and stuff!
Reply 570
Original post by badass_geek
Woo! Me!
Where else are you thinking of applying?

Haha I already applied on the 4th November :smile: Offer from queen marys (pharmaceutical chemistry), interview at royalholloway ( medicinal biochemistry), kings (chemistry with biomedicine) and ucl and they haven't even acknowledged me yet :no::no::sigh::no::sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else got a pre-offer visit day at Bristol University? I don't know if this means I am likely to get given an offer or if they are still undecided so will interview and then make a decision??
Reply 572
Has anyone been to an applicant day at Birmingham? I have mine on the 4th and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for the interview part? Like is it mainly chemistry questions or personal statement questions etc.
Thanks!
Original post by Madelaine1996
Anyone else got a pre-offer visit day at Bristol University? I don't know if this means I am likely to get given an offer or if they are still undecided so will interview and then make a decision??

Same. I don't know what it means, but I think Bristol has given out some offers for chemistry, so probably just means we're in the running but not a definite. Mine's on the 6th February. You? :smile:
Original post by sophiebk
Hey guys, does anyone know if the pharmaceutical chemistry course at QM is accredited by the RSC? On the Queen Mary's website it says it is 'recognised by the RSC'. Is that the same thing?
Thank you xxx

it's not worth going, my m8 declined the queen mary pharm chem offer last year, after realizing it was worth diddly squat l0l
Original post by ethery
Same. I don't know what it means, but I think Bristol has given out some offers for chemistry, so probably just means we're in the running but not a definite. Mine's on the 6th February. You? :smile:

Oh right well it's better than nothing haha, mine is on the 11th I think.
Original post by theCreator
x

hey man, did UCL send u a letter for the offer or email? or was it straight on UCAS?

did ur portico update too?
I applied to a certain college at oxford, and got an email saying I've got an interview but at a different college, anyone else have this?
Original post by chemistryIH
I applied to a certain college at oxford, and got an email saying I've got an interview but at a different college, anyone else have this?

You've got an interview??? When did you receive the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
You've got an interview??? When did you receive the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sort of, it says your are going to have an interview at tis college instead of the one you applied to. But its not an official invitation. Yesterday morning. It's a bit of strange situation I've basically been pooled before interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending