The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by kaufman
congrats! when did u sent out ur application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thxx! I sent my UCAS on 2nd of Oct.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Good job. What course, if I may ask. I'm specifically looking to hear from IR people.
Reply 1902
Original post by fiona16
Thxx! I sent my UCAS on 2nd of Oct.

ok. I sent out mine on the 9th Oct. hope I will get my offer next week :frown:. Again , congrats(☆_☆)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fiona16
Got my offer from LSE today! Still can't believe it! I thought they would make their decisions on Friday...

Hey!!!congratulations:smile: that's amazing....:smile::colondollar:

I have applied for math n Eco... Still haven't heard anything after the 5 week email:frown:((...
Reply 1904
Original post by fiona16
Thanks!
It was around 13:00. Quite random I think.
I applied for maths with econ.

What are your grades etc? Well done btw!
Reply 1905
Original post by silonthesofa
Good job. What course, if I may ask. I'm specifically looking to hear from IR people.

My IR friends are still waiting for their offer. Don't worry.
Reply 1906
Original post by kaufman
ok. I sent out mine on the 9th Oct. hope I will get my offer next week :frown:. Again , congrats(☆_☆)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!
Reply 1907
Original post by BeatTheBox
Hey!!!congratulations:smile: that's amazing....:smile::colondollar:

I have applied for math n Eco... Still haven't heard anything after the 5 week email:frown:((...

Dont worry too much. In fact I asked them for my five weeks email and got it on the end of Oct. :s-smilie:
Reply 1908
Original post by CD315
What are your grades etc? Well done btw!

I don't have GCSE since I am an international student.
I got AAAAA in AS and was predicted A*A*A*A* in maths, further maths, physics and econ.
Original post by whathe
Social policy with gov applicant here. Don't think I stand a chance but it was worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I don't think I have a chance either! with predicted grades of A* A* B A (but the A is in general studies so doesn't mean anything.)
I think the B prediction in English Lit has really let me down :frown:

What are yours?

Good luck.
Original post by The-Illusionist
My 5 weeks are up on Tuesday :/
I'm actually scared for tomoz- it's LSE Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I have applied for math and economics...n my five weeks are up on Tuesday too... Hope we hear from them soon!!!
Original post by The-Illusionist
My 5 weeks are up on Tuesday :/
I'm actually scared for tomoz- it's LSE Friday :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha I like the sound of that - "LSE Friday".
Reply 1912
Thats it, five weeks all done and dusted.
Original post by TerribleTej
Do you reckon LSE will look at mechanics and decision modules or just look at core, further pure and stats, I got 95+ in all modules apart from D1 which I only got a low 80's score.

I assume core and statistics are the most important, with the rest having equal weighting. Then again they might just collectivise the entire score and just leave it at that.
Original post by CD315
You would need to have a very, very, very exceptional personal statement. I applied to maths with economics last year with 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE, AAAA at AS (with 99% across maths/further maths which I put on UCAS) and A*A*A*A* predictions. I got rejected.

What was the reason given for your rejection?
Reply 1915
Original post by MrEconomics
What was the reason given for your rejection?

Personal statement.
Original post by CD315
Personal statement.

That is bull****. You should have been offered a place straight away. Does this mean that during the 5 week stage in which everyone has the minimum requirements lse put most emphasis on personal statement/reference?
Original post by MrEconomics
That is bull****. You should have been offered a place straight away. Does this mean that during the 5 week stage in which everyone has the minimum requirements lse put most emphasis on personal statement/reference?

Doubt it. I've been asked for UMS during the 5 week stage. So they're clearly still assessing academics (and rightly so).
Original post by runjennyrun17
4 weeks into my 5 week email
Applying for pure economics
But I haven't received the questionnaire thing....
Is it because my referee had already put the ums (double maths + Econ only)in my reference?
thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the 5 week email?
Reply 1919
Original post by kaufman

Posted from TSR Mobile

i love how on all these uni threads everyone like ''i hope i receive my offer soon'' especially at competitive unis i love how everyones so sure its an offer that they're willing to say it.

if youre so sure, why does it matter when you get it

btw dont take this to heart, i have quoted you but i see it so many times i find it funny...especially when alot of the said people then get rejections which is inevitably going to happen for a lot of them
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending