The Student Room Group

marketing applicants 2014

hi everyone!:biggrin:

i just thought i'd make a thread for everyone applying to study marketing in 2014. what unis have you applied to or plan on applying to? any offers yet?

i still haven't applied yet but i'm thinking of reading, kent, Bournemouth, etc. i'm still looking at other places.what about everyone else?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Glad you've made this thread! :') I also want to study marketing but I am still writing my personal statement :/
I am also thinking reading! The psychological side of it looks really interesting :3 Bit annoying that they have increased their entry ;p I went to a hull open day and it looked a bit boring. bad nightlife too xD I am looking at applying for Manchester Metropolitan, Plymouth (although it is very far for me), Essex, Reading & Newcastle! (Doubt I have a chance for Newcastle but worth a shot). My main choice is Newcastle and my backup is MMU as I am from Manchester :P Have you applied yet?? (:
Reply 2
Original post by Wizkidani
Glad you've made this thread! :') I also want to study marketing but I am still writing my personal statement :/
I am also thinking reading! The psychological side of it looks really interesting :3 Bit annoying that they have increased their entry ;p I went to a hull open day and it looked a bit boring. bad nightlife too xD I am looking at applying for Manchester Metropolitan, Plymouth (although it is very far for me), Essex, Reading & Newcastle! (Doubt I have a chance for Newcastle but worth a shot). My main choice is Newcastle and my backup is MMU as I am from Manchester :P Have you applied yet?? (:

yay finally a reply! i payed for my application on friday i'm not sure if my teacher sent it off though. i applied to Sussex (really hope i get in. they want a B in maths gcse where i have a C but i took a risk on just that one because i want to go there), reading, kent, royal Holloway and Bournemouth. what sector do you want to go into after?
Original post by bambamx

i just thought i'd make a thread for everyone applying to study marketing in 2014. what unis have you applied to or plan on applying to? any offers yet? results? why do you want to study marketing?

i still haven't applied yet but i'm thinking of reading, kent, hull, royal holloway etc. i'm still looking at other places. i want to go into digital marketing after graduation i think. what about everyone else? :smile:

Finally, we have a marketing thread. Its always vet and medicine threads and nothing else :rolleyes:

I'm applying to do Marketing Communications :biggrin:
I really want to go to Bournemouth, but I've applied to:

Sheffield Hallam (i got accepted but its soooo far for me )
Bournemouth
West of England - Bristol
Bedfordshire (Super safe, its about half the UCAS points i'll get, so don't really want to go there) - to be honest i have two days left to change it for something else and i probably will.

I haven't decided on a 5th yet but it will probably Plymouth even though they don't have a communication course.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lipslikemorphine
Finally, we have a marketing thread. Its always vet and medicine threads and nothing else :rolleyes:

I'm applying to do Marketing Communications :biggrin:
I really want to go to Bournemouth, but I've applied to:

Sheffield Hallam (i got accepted but its soooo far for me )
Bournemouth
West of England - Bristol
Bedfordshire (Super safe, its about half the UCAS points i'll get, so don't really want to go there) - to be honest i have two days left to change it for something else and i probably will.

I haven't decided on a 5th yet but it will probably Plymouth even though they don't have a communication course.

cool! i made this thread because it seems not many people are applying to do marketing so i was getting slightly worried. oh where do you live?
Original post by bambamx
cool! i made this thread because it seems not many people are applying to do marketing so i was getting slightly worried. oh where do you live?

I live in London, you?
Reply 6
I live in London, you?

Me too :smile:
Original post by bambamx

Me too :smile:

Do you want to go far? Most people that i've spoken to on here seem really okay with going far away.

I'm here and worrying about Sheffield which is 5/6 hours away :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Do you want to go far? Most people that i've spoken to on here seem really okay with going far away.

I'm here and worrying about Sheffield which is 5/6 hours away :rolleyes:

i want to go far enough to move out but not like the other side of the country. it'd cost so much to get back home everytime. i wouldn't go further than 4 hours but i just want to get away from home lol

So Hull isn't good?...it was my second or 3rd choice if I don't get into UEA...which I may not with my predicted grades...but i'm not jinxing it :'O!
Reply 10
Original post by aceySnicks_x
So Hull isn't good?...it was my second or 3rd choice if I don't get into UEA...which I may not with my predicted grades...but i'm not jinxing it :'O!

where else did you apply? and what are your predicted grades?
Original post by bambamx

i just thought i'd make a thread for everyone applying to study marketing in 2014. what unis have you applied to or plan on applying to? any offers yet? results? why do you want to study marketing?

i still haven't applied yet but i'm thinking of reading, kent, hull, royal holloway etc. i'm still looking at other places. i want to go into digital marketing after graduation i think. what about everyone else? :smile:

Yeah I've applied for Marketing I applied to Hull, Liverpool, Leeds Metro, Nottingham Metro, Chester.
Reply 12
Original post by bambamx
yay finally a reply! i payed for my application on friday i'm not sure if my teacher sent it off though. i applied to Sussex (really hope i get in. they want a B in maths gcse where i have a C but i took a risk on just that one because i want to go there), reading, kent, royal Holloway and Bournemouth. what sector do you want to go into after?

Hello! Well I'm sure if you show your enthusiasm they will let you in, plus it's only gcse (: I'm now also considering Bournemouth :3 I'm not sure yet, but Brand marketing looks interesting ^.^
Hello! Well I'm sure if you show your enthusiasm they will let you in, plus it's only gcse (: I'm now also considering Bournemouth :3 I'm not sure yet, but Brand marketing looks interesting ^.^

Everyone seems to want to go to Bournemouth.
I'm soooo not getting in. :redface:
Reply 14

thanks! it does seem interesting. do you have any ideas about what sorts of companies you'd like to work for in the future?
Reply 15
I've also applied to do marketing at uni for 2014, the courses of applied to are:

-bournemouth uni (marketing communications)

- university of central lancashire (marketing management: advertising and marketing)

- sheffield hallam uni (marketing advertising and communications)

- university of lancaster (marketing and design)

- de montfort uni (advertising and marketing)

I've had 5 conditional offers (so happy) but just worried about getting the grades now!!! My favourite uni is bournemouth by farrrrrrr :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 16
Finally a marketing thread :biggrin:
How competitive do you think this course is?
Reply 17
in my year of over 100 people, only two of us are doing marketing but the other persons doing marketing management whereas im doing the more creative less business side like marketing communications or advertising, i've also asked my other friends in other schools and they know no one doing marketing, do you know many people doing it?
Reply 18
Original post by xxlexixx
in my year of over 100 people, only two of us are doing marketing but the other persons doing marketing management whereas im doing the more creative less business side like marketing communications or advertising, i've also asked my other friends in other schools and they know no one doing marketing, do you know many people doing it?

yeah same there is only two people from my school as well.
Original post by xxlexixx

Only me and a friend of mine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending