The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

I've completed my application for marketing and haven't sent it off yet. I've been back and forth about whether I should study marketing or law at uni and I've decided a few days ago to study Law LLB instead as It aligns with my future goals slightly more even though I still do enjoy the idea of working in marketing.
The deadline is approaching and I won't have help from the school to change my personal statement
Is it too late to change course even though I haven't sent my offer yet because I want to send off my application with not regrets and it might be hard to get a place for law through clearing
I need an answer quick :frown:
Many thanks.
Original post by blondedshay
I've completed my application for marketing and haven't sent it off yet. I've been back and forth about whether I should study marketing or law at uni and I've decided a few days ago to study Law LLB instead as It aligns with my future goals slightly more even though I still do enjoy the idea of working in marketing.
The deadline is approaching and I won't have help from the school to change my personal statement
Is it too late to change course even though I haven't sent my offer yet because I want to send off my application with not regrets and it might be hard to get a place for law through clearing
I need an answer quick :frown:
Many thanks.

In terms of, do you have time, I think it's a yes. You have until 6:00PM on the 31st of January to submit your application. I probably shouldn't admit this but both times I've written my personal statement, I wrote them in much less time than what you have - first time I wrote it in a literal day, the second one under a week. I'm not saying nor reccomending you to write and finish your personal statement in such little time but you have time to change it and hopefully get some opinions from your teachers once you come back from the winter break. You also have time to research which unis you'd like to apply to for law. So you do have time but it might be a bit rushed...

What do you want to do after university and why do you think that's served better by law than marketing?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
In terms of, do you have time, I think it's a yes. You have until 6:00PM on the 31st of January to submit your application. I probably shouldn't admit this but both times I've written my personal statement, I wrote them in much less time than what you have - first time I wrote it in a literal day, the second one under a week. I'm not saying nor reccomending you to write and finish your personal statement in such little time but you have time to change it and hopefully get some opinions from your teachers once you come back from the winter break. You also have time to research which unis you'd like to apply to for law. So you do have time but it might be a bit rushed...

What do you want to do after university and why do you think that's served better by law than marketing?

Firstly, thank you so much for replying.
After university I was thinking about going into either marketing or commercial law.
However, in terms or studying I found the modules for marketing not as interesting and for law slightly more interesting even though there is difference in workload.
I also think in the long term i’m less likely to fully stick with marketing even though I enjoy the creative aspect of it.
Also i’m quite limited in my choices for marketing due as most universities want above a 6 or 7 to enroll in the course. As I received a grade 5.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotland Yard

After university I was thinking about going into either marketing or commercial law.
However, in terms or studying I found the modules for marketing not as interesting and for law slightly more interesting even though there is difference in workload.
I also think in the long term i’m less likely to fully stick with marketing even though I enjoy the creative aspect of it.
Also i’m quite limited in my choices for marketing due as most universities want above a 6 or 7 to enroll in the course. As I received a grade 5.

if you feel you’d be more fulfilled doing law, definitely go for it! law is also quite a useful degree in lots of areas, even if you ultimately choose not to practice. i would keep in mind that you can do a law conversion course after uni if you do a non-law degree, but if you don’t feel you’re going to enjoy marketing as much then in my opinion you may as well study what you think you’ll enjoy more! and you can always take electives outside of law to give you some variety if this is an option for you

i also wrote my PS with very little help from teachers we were given little to no guidance on how to write one, and i just had my favourite teacher read over my PS as he had also done law at uni and i trusted him to check it. other than that, i wrote it independently in the span of a couple of weeks.

Well in that case, I'd think it some more, but I'd try to mount a law application. I'd save your marketing personal statement somewhere in case you change your mind later down the line. But if you think you'd enjoy law, go for it. It's a fun subject - I don't even study law but I go to their lectures because they are surprisingly interesting. Good luck, don't hesitate to ask for more help over here if you need it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending