The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mutlibd1
Hi fellow resitter and no interview . Would feel relaxed if this was deliberate not that we haven't been selected for interview . Would reeeeallly live to get an interview at Liverpool .

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, i'd just feel better knowing a resitter has got an interview cos it would mean there's hope for us, and that theyre not just dumping us at the end of the interview cycle to fill in the gaps!
Reply 501
Original post by kenwyne-jones
Any fellow resitters got interviews? not just liverpool but any

Nope none, what did fellow resitters get in their a levels? I got abb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aye7777

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got aab, b in chemistry though:redface:
Reply 503
yeah, i'd just feel better knowing a resitter has got an interview cos it would mean there's hope for us, and that theyre not just dumping us at the end of the interview cycle to fill in the gaps!

I'm a resitter with achieved grades AABa, not heard anything from Liverpool but i've got an interview at Manchester. I do have very serious extenuating circustances though.
Original post by aye7777

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got AAB but got interviews from liverpool and plymouth but rejected by exeter...
Reply 505
Original post by hopeful doc
i got AAB but got interviews from liverpool and plymouth but rejected by exeter...

Starting to think I don't stand a chance with ABB...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aye7777
Starting to think I don't stand a chance with ABB...

Posted from TSR Mobile

as people have been saying in the thread, liverpool do their interviews randomly so... and as long as youre predicted 3As i dont think it matters that much if you achieved abb or aab :smile: where else have you applied?
Reply 507
as people have been saying in the thread, liverpool do their interviews randomly so... and as long as youre predicted 3As i dont think it matters that much if you achieved abb or aab :smile: where else have you applied?

Lancaster Brighton and Exeter, been rejected from the last two, I hope you're right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aye7777
Lancaster Brighton and Exeter, been rejected from the last two, I hope you're right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh good luck with your other choices! :smile:
Original post by aye7777
Any resit applicants with achieved A Levels of ABB or less received an interview invite yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any fellow resitters got interviews? not just liverpool but any

Original post by mutlibd1
Hi fellow resitter and no interview . Would feel relaxed if this was deliberate not that we haven't been selected for interview . Would reeeeallly live to get an interview at Liverpool .

Original post by aye7777
Starting to think I don't stand a chance with ABB....

I'm a resitter, I got ACC (with some extenuating circumstances) and I've been given interviews at Liverpool and Lancaster. So honestly, don't worry about your achieved grades. As long as you're predicted AAA, have a good personal statement and GCSEs, then you have a good chance of getting an interview :smile:
Don't lose hope!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Angelica.
had a cardiff interview last week
liverpool, cardiff, brighton and sussex, ucl :biggrin:, you?

how did it go? :smile:
I applied to imperial, liverpool, brighton and sussex and edinburgh! Havent heard from any of them!
Why are people getting worried lets not forget it is only december I know people who last year got interviews in Feb/March. Relax you have ages left, what are you going to do after your interview????!?!?!?! All you will have to do is wait a long time till you get your feedback which is like in march april, you will then start complaining about the wait!!!! Just relax, just look at it the later the better as less time to wait for the feedback, rather than always looking back at your interview everyday since November #tsrproblems. now I hate it when you have full gcse points and 3 A's predicted or better, and you start saying why haven't I got anything, 1. You have exceeded minimum requirements. 2. You're personal statement is being accessed 3. Think about others who may not have that 4. you got the grades, but to me and most people probably is that do you actually have NO common sense because to me you are dumb in asking if you're really good stats are good enough, a doctor requires common sense, so PLEASE STOP #rantover I am a gap year student so have lots of time in my hands lol
(edited 10 years ago)
I have an interview at Liverpool next tuesday my grades are ABCC at AS level! So i was pretty surprised to be honest, must have had a good personal statement
Original post by charlotteallan95
Im so worried, 18 GCSE points, predicted A*AA and havent heard anything yet!!

anybody else in the same situation??

I have 17 points and I'm predicted A* A* A* A and I haven't heard anything either :frown: when did you send yours off ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 514
Has anyone with18pts got an interview??
Reply 515

Yh

im sure they do it totally randomly as i got 17 points and i got an interview plus im a resit applicant and there are many applicants with 18 points too with interviews :smile: remember that there are more important factors such as personal statement and teachers references etc... as im sure a large proportion of us would be getting 17/18 points so dont get so paranoid about the gcses, be patient and im sure youll get an interview :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 517
im sure they do it totally randomly as i got 17 points and i got an interview plus im a resit applicant and there are many applicants with 18 points too with interviews :smile: remember that there are more important factors such as personal statement and teachers references etc... as im sure a large proportion of us would be getting 17/18 points so dont get so paranoid about the gcses, be patient and im sure youll get an interview :smile:

ive had one interview so i cant complain... but it's nerve racking haha!
ive had one interview so i cant complain... but it's nerve racking haha!

lool it is! where have you applied?
Reply 519
lool it is! where have you applied?

liverpool, cardiff, brighton and sussex, ucl
had an interview for cardiff, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending