The Student Room Group

Using Lenin as a role model.

Hello, though not a communist or condoning the acts of violence he perpetrated. I have recently been using Lenin as a role model and studying what he did to achieve power. It might seem inappropriate but in a society filled with the credulous cowards that are most people many of Lenin's actions make sense. Your thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by Rational Thinker
Hello, though not a communist or condoning the acts of violence he perpetrated. I have recently been using Lenin as a role model and studying what he did to achieve power. It might seem inappropriate but in a society filled with the credulous cowards that are most people many of Lenin's actions make sense. Your thoughts?

I admire Lenin:smile:
Lenin was definitely superior to Stalin as a leader. He was socially for more freedom than many other leaders, as he decriminalized homosexuality, gave more equality to women, and is known for calling Jews his "fellow comrades" and saying that blacks were a "revolutionary class people", things not common to hear from a white man for his time period. However, he is who started the Gulags and banned religion.

Fiscally, that's a relative argument. As stated, communists saw him as great...capitalists and fascists hated him. Considering that's all based on preference, there is no "right vs wrong". He definitely was more communist than Stalin, as well. I've heard Stalin's politics called "Stalinism" and not "communism" because he didn't follow the basic idea of communism, but rather kept most of the wealth to himself and his power.
Original post by rika--chan
Lenin was definitely superior to Stalin as a leader. He was socially for more freedom than many other leaders, as he decriminalized homosexuality, gave more equality to women, and is known for calling Jews his "fellow comrades" and saying that blacks were a "revolutionary class people", things not common to hear from a white man for his time period. However, he is who started the Gulags and banned religion.

Fiscally, that's a relative argument. As stated, communists saw him as great...capitalists and fascists hated him. Considering that's all based on preference, there is no "right vs wrong". He definitely was more communist than Stalin, as well. I've heard Stalin's politics called "Stalinism" and not "communism" because he didn't follow the basic idea of communism, but rather kept most of the wealth to himself and his power.

Yes. As for saying that blacks were a revolutionary class period, the abolitionists one hundred years earlier had argued this. I find Stalin morally repugnant and Trostky is more to my taste, however he was in many aspects exceptionally intelligent, he played people of against each other and went from being the son of a cobbler. Oh it is true he was cruel but then against most people are pretty cruel and ignorant as well, so you get the leaders you deserve.
Reply 3
Yes. As for saying that blacks were a revolutionary class period, the abolitionists one hundred years earlier had argued this. I find Stalin morally repugnant and Trostky is more to my taste, however he was in many aspects exceptionally intelligent, he played people of against each other and went from being the son of a cobbler. Oh it is true he was cruel but then against most people are pretty cruel and ignorant as well, so you get the leaders you deserve.

Exactly:smile:
Reply 4
I admire Trotsky more but people seem to hate me for that :dontknow:
Original post by Robbie242
I admire Trotsky more but people seem to hate me for that :dontknow:

I like Trostky but he has indeed become vilified recently.
I like Trostky but he has indeed become vilified recently.

Was writing an essay on Trotsky today lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I always knew this forum was a commie circle-jerk. I'm glad you've finally came out and admitted it.

Trotsky, marx and lenin all came from rich Jewish families. That's quite a coincidence.

It's also quite funny how Western liberals idolise them, yet I've not met a single Russian or Eastern European with a single good word to say about them.
Reply 8

Lenin's maternal grandfather was born Jewish. Of course they are his comrades, since they were all involved in Eastern communism yet somehow kept all their wealth.
Reply 9
Do what I did a few years ago - have a Communist Party. Cover the walls in giant posters of Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky and whoever else you fancy (use one of those programs that lets you print off a giant poster as lots of A4 sheets), prepare a great number of ice cubes to throw at each other (this is for the Cold War :tongue:), buy more cheap vodka than there will be guests, and have yourself one hell of a party. Then never take the posters down ever.
Original post by superwolf
Do what I did a few years ago - have a Communist Party. Cover the walls in giant posters of Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky and whoever else you fancy (use one of those programs that lets you print off a giant poster as lots of A4 sheets), prepare a great number of ice cubes to throw at each other (this is for the Cold War :tongue:), buy more cheap vodka than there will be guests, and have yourself one hell of a party. Then never take the posters down ever.

Haha and if there is anyone you dislike you can do as Stalin did to Trostky with Lenin's funeral and tell them the wrong date.
Original post by vendettax
I always knew this forum was a commie circle-jerk. I'm glad you've finally came out and admitted it.

Trotsky, marx and lenin all came from rich Jewish families. That's quite a coincidence.

It's also quite funny how Western liberals idolise them, yet I've not met a single Russian or Eastern European with a single good word to say about them.

You have misread the OP where I expressively stated that I am not a communist.
Exactly:smile:

Lenin_with_Cat.jpg

Also it is hard not to like someone who is kind to cats.

Quick Reply

Latest