The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joeymr
Anyone else got their interview 1pm on Monday (16th)? So nervous, feel sick thinking about it :frown:

That's when mine is too, where are you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1321
Original post by Medicine Boy
I think I've done reasonably well apart from 2 stations which were BAD! (as in I'll score less than 50% for sure)

Is it just me or could you actually see how they were scoring you on some stations??

Haha yes I saw them scoring me on the comprehension and commitment stations haha, bit scary... Yeah a couple of the stations were quite difficult...
Reply 1322
Original post by GCSE-help
Are you guys graduates?

No im in year 13 :smile:
Reply 1323
Original post by spangie
Me too :frown:

Hey :smile: How are you feeling?

Original post by grace56
I have, and trust me you cannot be as nervous as me :/ I haven't slept since about last week :frown: how are you preparing?

Oh wow, try and get some before Monday! :smile: Just preparing for the questions im expecting to be asked, i.e. why medicine etc. I really dont believe these guys when they say that we don't need to prepare :smile: how about you?
Reply 1324
Original post by Philippamalko
That's when mine is too, where are you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton, getting the coach :smile: gonna be a long journey, the coach is going to Leicester via London so its about a 6 hour drive :frown: wbu?
Original post by grace56
I think it'll go quickly at each station though so hopefully it'll feel a lot shorter... I hope I get on the tour after I really just want the interviews out of the way :/

I've done it now, and you are right, it does go quickly! Good luck :smile:
Reply 1326
Original post by g.k.galloway
I had a shortish girl with round glasses...can't remember her name...

I had a yellow sticker :smile:

I had a yellow sticker! Omg, who were you?
Original post by g.k.galloway
I had a shortish girl with round glasses...can't remember her name...

I had a yellow sticker :smile:

think we were in the same group! Well good luck for the result!:smile:
Original post by KanKan
I had a yellow sticker! Omg, who were you?

Um...curly hair black suit..

Original post by Nakedferret1108
think we were in the same group! Well good luck for the result!:smile:

Haha how cool :smile:
Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 1329
Original post by joeymr
Hey :smile: How are you feeling?

Oh wow, try and get some before Monday! :smile: Just preparing for the questions im expecting to be asked, i.e. why medicine etc. I really dont believe these guys when they say that we don't need to prepare :smile: how about you?

Pretty nervous because I don't know what to expect from MMI. I'm just preparing the usual questions and also swotting up on the news atm but otherwise, I'm just gonna try and be myself, if that's even possible through the nerves haha!
Reply 1330
Any 57 (or lower) with interviews? If so, when were you invited?
(edited 10 years ago)
Just came back from Leicester interview OMG...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hipokrates
Just came back from Leicester interview OMG...

Posted from TSR Mobile

How'd it go? I had mine this morning! :smile:
Quick Question- If we are in the first batch of interviews (i.e. December), does this mean we have a better chance of getting in?
Original post by Lucyloo859
How'd it go? I had mine this morning! :smile:

Not great. Not very hopeful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by badman101
Quick Question- If we are in the first batch of interviews (i.e. December), does this mean we have a better chance of getting in?

no
Original post by Hipokrates
Not great. Not very hopeful

Posted from TSR Mobile

i feel you... :redface:
Reply 1337
Original post by Dr. Django
no

I heard a rumor from an existing med student, that they call you earlier if they want you more. But surely as the stations are scored, it shouldn't matter after you get called?
Original post by KanKan
I heard a rumor from an existing med student, that they call you earlier if they want you more. But surely as the stations are scored, it shouldn't matter after you get called?

to be honest, i hope that is true but I cant imagine it works like that!
Original post by KanKan

I'm an 'existing' med student. Apparently, if you turned up to your interview with a badger in your pocket you were 50% more likely to get an offer.

Moral of the story: Rumors and just that. Rumors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending