The Student Room Group

Revision snacks

What foods do you all find best for snacking on to get you through revision?

I always seem to want dried fruit and nuts but it is just so expensive for the tiny little bags you get in Tesco. Otherwise, at the moment I have rice cakes to help get me through but I'm looking for new ideas.

Any food and snack ideas you have and want to share with the rest of us? What do you crave while studying?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Tea and biscuits!
(I realise I'm gonna get fat this term :cookie:)

...for some reason hobnobs remind me of revising
Reply 2
Depends :biggrin: Do you want health snacks or unhealth snacks!

For healthy snacks, you could have some almonds, or sip on a fruit smoothie!
For unhealthy, you know there are alot of stuff haha.
Reply 3
Original post by Joshalos

I always seem to want dried fruit and nuts but it is just so expensive for the tiny little bags you get in Tesco. Otherwise, at the moment I have rice cakes to help get me through but I'm looking for new ideas.

Any food and snack ideas you have and want to share with the rest of us? What do you crave while studying?

I usually have a nice big cup of coffee, stops the headaches I get from maths revision/questions sometimes. :tongue:
easter eggs *omnomnomnom* :3

heh.

in all seriousness, usually fruit. i have a piece of fruit before revising :smile: maybe even porridge as it is a slow releaser of energy

i also have a bowl of sweets that i can suck on :smile: its in a bowl that mum bought me for uni so its extra motivation :smile:
Reply 5
sweets! or easter eggs!!!!! :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
Reply 6
any one know of good websites to make timetables except get revising??
Reply 7
Sweets and you give yourself a sweet per page/ question/ chapter as an incentive :smile:
Reply 8
Dried fruits tend to be much cheaper in the baking aisles!
Reply 9

read this on a website
A healthy, balanced and varied diet helps improve concentration, learning and memory. The following snacks help during study:
- fruit smoothies (banana or frozen berries with milk/yoghurt and vanilla essence)
- wholemeal crackers with peanut butter
- pikelets made with mashed banana
- rice cakes with tomato and cheese
- fruit muffins
Reply 10

go to the baking section of the supermarket and theres always big bags of dried fruit/nuts for a fraction of the price of a small bag
Reply 11
Original post by lucy012
go to the baking section of the supermarket and theres always big bags of dried fruit/nuts for a fraction of the price of a small bag

Original post by tashazzz
Dried fruits tend to be much cheaper in the baking aisles!

I was in Tesco today and saw them but walked past completely forgetting half my reason for going there! Hoping to find a nice big bag of dried cranberries next time. :cookie:
I use plain digestives. cheap. plenty. sufficient. (I advise a drink though)
As far as snacks go I open the fridge and whatever there is I'll have a poke at.

Banana should keep your brain going after long hours of revision and make sure you drink lots of water when you're revising.
(edited 11 years ago)
Chocolate & biscuits. My diet goes extremely downhill when it comes to exam season :tongue:
Obviously whatever's in sight that is remotely unhealthy. Once I got a tub of peanut butter and Nutella, pint of milk and finished the whole lot.
Reply 16
Mini breadsticks:biggrin:
Mini Smarties that come in individual little boxes - perfect for a 1 hour session! :biggrin:

Chocolate buttons! Hehe, not very healthy :tongue:
Original post by pinda.college
Obviously whatever's in sight that is remotely unhealthy. Once I got a tub of peanut butter and Nutella, pint of milk and finished the whole lot.

:coma::congrats:
Original post by bigwhalegambler
:coma::congrats:

It's delicous right:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending