The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arminb
They say we'll respond within 3 moths. So you should get a decision in January. I am 90% sure about that. Don't worry.:smile:

I hope so!!! My Birthday is in Jan too :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by CEKTOP
Ask anyone, especially people with rich experience of writing cover letters. They would tell you that spending too much time on a PS/CL is actually harmful.

I got my LSE offer with AAC at AS and spent 2 days at best working on my PS.

Same here, I spent 2 days planning and writing my PS and another 7 days just slightly tweaking it where I spent no more than 1 hour a day for those 7 days. And I got an offer from LSE too.
Original post by Sun_Bear
I cannot believe that my application is still hanging on considering my mediocre grades. Those who got the christmas email do you think we are more likely to end up with an offer or rejection?

Aha ha same!! My grades are actually embarrassing, everyday without a rejection is an accomplishment :L...
Reply 3563
Original post by gracelich
I hope so!!! My Birthday is in Jan too :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy (almost) birthday then :yay:. Wish it'll bring you luck.
Reply 3564
I put my ebay feedback on my personal statement, I think that added the necessary weight to my personal statement needed for LSE to make me an offer.
Original post by arminb
Happy (almost) birthday then :yay:. Wish it'll bring you luck.

Thank you! Me too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Only waiting for LSE now, received all my other offers.

I suppose if I don't get an offer it'll make my decision x10 easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had all my decisions by November last year. I had my heart set on Warwick and then this lot came in with an offer late March :redface:. Can be an agonizing wait.

They're being better about the timing of decisions this year though it seems.
Good luck!
Reply 3567
Original post by abhiksetia
I had all my decisions by November last year. I had my heart set on Warwick and then this lot came in with an offer late March :redface:. Can be an agonizing wait.

Good luck!

Did you choose LSE? :smile: And man that's a long wait! Hopefully I'll hear in January as that's what they told me but - who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3568
Original post by CEKTOP
Ask anyone, especially people with rich experience of writing cover letters. They would tell you that spending too much time on a PS/CL is actually harmful.

I got my LSE offer with AAC at AS and spent 2 days at best working on my PS.

That's news to me! Will pass it on to people in my school because that wasn't the advice being circulated to us :rolleyes:
Reply 3569
Original post by abhiksetia

Good luck!

Where did you finally end up and why? :smile:
Original post by solaars
Where did you finally end up and why? :smile:

I'll be starting at LSE with many of next year:smile:. Chose LSE over Warwick due to the city mainly, don't think there's much variance with education quality and employment when it comes to Mathy degrees anyway. Studying in London is too good an opportunity to pass up.
Original post by corax
Did you choose LSE? :smile: And man that's a long wait! Hopefully I'll hear in January as that's what they told me but - who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, deferred entry. Haha yeah the wait was terrible! .

At least you have a rough timeline! All I got was was a Merry Christmas letter which I thought was my rejection and a "you're still being considered" email every few months post applying in September :tongue:.
Original post by squid-
That's news to me! Will pass it on to people in my school because that wasn't the advice being circulated to us :rolleyes:

I think that he was right and it can be harmful to spend too long on a PS, it's hard to explain but it can make it seem kinda fake I guess (?) *i'm bad at expressing myself*. I spent 2 hours on my PS over 2 days and mentioned no academic stuff to do with anthropology, like any books or stuff like that. I just spent the whole thing writing about why I wanted to do anthropology, not what I had already done, as that's what Durham said to do. They said they weren't interested in what you had already done as if you already know so much then why do they need to teach you? and they were more interested in why you would be an enthusiastic and driven student. Maybe LSE are the same as Durham, but I may also have just gotten lucky to get an offer haha
Reply 3573
Original post by TerribleTej
Same here, I spent 2 days planning and writing my PS and another 7 days just slightly tweaking it where I spent no more than 1 hour a day for those 7 days. And I got an offer from LSE too.

Can i see your PS? I need some help as i am applying next year
Merry Christmas everyone :merry:best of luck with LSE and all uni applications in the new year! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Did anyone who applied in november get either an offer or a rejection ?
Original post by Beket

I am sorry but I can't show it yet, I haven't showed it to anyone apart from the teachers and will only show it in the summer once I get my A level results, if you can contact me then I would happily give it to you at that time but not now sorry.
I think applying early to LSE makes a huge difference because they have rolling admissions, unlike a lot of really prestigious universities in the States. I applied before the Oxbridge deadline and had an offer in 10 days, on the other hand my friend is still waiting for his decision even though its been 2 weeks after the 5 week period indicated on the email! Does anyone know if this has always been their policy, or whether its something new?

Best of luck to those waiting on their decisions!
Original post by Beket

Just click on the 'personal statement' column above, there's plenty of exemplars.
Who else is applying for Government?? :P As far as I'm aware, not many offers have been given out for that yet.. Am dead nervous, as grades are legit the worst out of anyone applying to lse this year XD I had severe extenuating circumstances though...but don't know, would lse really take that into account?? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending