The Student Room Group

TSR Pagan Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean
If Saturnia is half as cool as Beltane then I am a convert >_> From about 2:35 onwards, it looks quite awesome :awesome:

it does involve 7 days of drinkings XD
Original post by DeathGuardElite
it does involve 7 days of drinkings XD

I've given up drinking >_> Is there any fire? :teeth:
Original post by The Epicurean
I've given up drinking >_> Is there any fire? :teeth:

the drinking is mainly due to every day being a party XD

Sure its not a requirement but if you wanna add it then sure XD
Reply 763
Hey guys I wanna know who is getting ready for saturnalia or the winter solistice

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it all goes to plan, staying up all night with a bonfire in the back garden. Not for any religious reasons, but for just because reasons. :tongue:
Hey guys I wanna know who is getting ready for saturnalia or the winter solistice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo winter solstice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hravan
If it all goes to plan, staying up all night with a bonfire in the back garden. Not for any religious reasons, but for just because reasons. :tongue:

ooooo fire :biggrin:

Original post by wildleaves
Woo winter solstice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

woo! XD haha
Looking forward to Yule(Mother night)and the Solistice immensely, bring on twelve nights of fires, singing, stories. oaths, toasts and praising the God's
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Looking forward to Yule(Mother night)and the Solistice immensely, bring on twelve nights of fires, singing, stories. oaths, toasts and praising the God's

woo! :biggrin: I'm gonna go on an adventure while partly drunk into nature XD cause i am the only pagan in my house and its a tad difficult also my parents practically force me to celebrate Christmas with them -_-.
woo! :biggrin: I'm gonna go on an adventure while partly drunk into nature XD cause i am the only pagan in my house and its a tad difficult also my parents practically force me to celebrate Christmas with them -_-.

I don't mind Christmas, half of the traditions are Pagan anyway and the rest is cultural baggage, unless you got to Church it's pretty much a secular holidays nowadays, my advice to you is just to enjoy it as time with your family.

Family is important.
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
I don't mind Christmas, half of the traditions are Pagan anyway and the rest is cultural baggage, unless you got to Church it's pretty much a secular holidays nowadays, my advice to you is just to enjoy it as time with your family.

Family is important.

I try to enjoy it.
Issue is me and my family don't really get on.

Plus i have to do both Saturnalia and Yule.
Saturnalia ends on the 21st and includes my winter solstice.
then i do Yule XD

because of what Nova Roma is i can be both a Nova Roma pagan and a Norse pagan.
Hello all,

I've decided to put a little altar in my room (seemed like a good time since I recently managed to clean out some old stuff and get a bunch new space) and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, whilst I've found most of what I want there are a few things which I'm either having trouble with or are too expensive when I have found them and I just wondered what you guys use as alternatives (E.g. I have a nice wine glass I'm using as a chalice, and a mini ice bucket as a cauldron to put burning paper in until I have the cash to get a nice cast-iron on). The specific objects are: An athame, a boline and a pentacle. The latter isn't hard to find, so much as it seems a little expensive to get a larger one, as opposed to one of the little necklace charms. Could I just make my own by printing a design on onto some paper or card?

Secondly, just out of interest what do you guys have on your altars? I know everyone here will have different beliefs and interests, and it'd just be interesting to me to hear about it, if people are willing to share.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by EvaStarshine
Hello all,

I've decided to put a little altar in my room (seemed like a good time since I recently managed to clean out some old stuff and get a bunch new space) and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, whilst I've found most of what I want there are a few things which I'm either having trouble with or are too expensive when I have found them and I just wondered what you guys use as alternatives (E.g. I have a nice wine glass I'm using as a chalice, and a mini ice bucket as a cauldron to put burning paper in until I have the cash to get a nice cast-iron on). The specific objects are: An athame, a boline and a pentacle. The latter isn't hard to find, so much as it seems a little expensive to get a larger one, as opposed to one of the little necklace charms. Could I just make my own by printing a design on onto some paper or card?

Secondly, just out of interest what do you guys have on your altars? I know everyone here will have different beliefs and interests, and it'd just be interesting to me to hear about it, if people are willing to share.

XD where the heck did you come from? haha.

Hey :P

my alter is everything :P
XD where the heck did you come from? haha.

Hey :P

my alter is everything :P

I was added a few months ago near the end of one of my TSR phases (I tend to dip in and out of using it) and never got around to posting here, though I did post in the ask a pagan thread. Haha expect me to be around for a few weeks, disappear and then reappear a couple of months later XD.
I was added a few months ago near the end of one of my TSR phases (I tend to dip in and out of using it) and never got around to posting here, though I did post in the ask a pagan thread. Haha expect me to be around for a few weeks, disappear and then reappear a couple of months later XD.

lol thats ok :P

Watching South Park and stuff XD

Hope you had a lovely day :smile:

btw you're a wiccan aint ya? :P
lol thats ok :P

Watching South Park and stuff XD

Hope you had a lovely day :smile:

btw you're a wiccan aint ya? :P

Gotta love South Park! I've stopped watching until I've watched Game of Thrones, cause I didn't want to spoil more for myself than the first GoT themed episode did XD. I have thank you, I hope you have too :smile:

I'm undecided, as I'm still researching and trying to work it all out. I think I'll end up being eclectic, since I tend to like bits of all the various traditions and such I read about, but not like everything about them. Only thing I'm sure on is that I favour the Egyptian Pantheon XD I do like Wicca, and by chance most of the information I have seems to be about it, but I don't feel like it's quite right for me.

Setting my altar up now just feels like good timing, I can keep what I have gathered together in one spot and I have been doing a little candle based ritual before my exams since Year 11, and it'd be lovely to have a proper place to do it this time round :smile: I figured my altar and can change and adapt as I work out my beliefs and everything.
Gotta love South Park! I've stopped watching until I've watched Game of Thrones, cause I didn't want to spoil more for myself than the first GoT themed episode did XD. I have thank you, I hope you have too :smile:

I'm undecided, as I'm still researching and trying to work it all out. I think I'll end up being eclectic, since I tend to like bits of all the various traditions and such I read about, but not like everything about them. Only thing I'm sure on is that I favour the Egyptian Pantheon XD I do like Wicca, and by chance most of the information I have seems to be about it, but I don't feel like it's quite right for me.

Setting my altar up now just feels like good timing, I can keep what I have gathered together in one spot and I have been doing a little candle based ritual before my exams since Year 11, and it'd be lovely to have a proper place to do it this time round :smile: I figured my altar and can change and adapt as I work out my beliefs and everything.

Ah i see :P

well you should do research :smile:
Ah i see :P

well you should do research :smile:

Slowly but surely I'm learning more. It's what I do in my free time from uni work, I find it quite relaxing ^_^
Slowly but surely I'm learning more. It's what I do in my free time from uni work, I find it quite relaxing ^_^

you defo aint like me XD

I spend every waking moment gaining knowledge :P
you defo aint like me XD

I spend every waking moment gaining knowledge :P

If only I could :'( It's third year though, and free time feels practically non-existent. Bring on the gap year :3
Reply 779
Hello all,

You really do not need to spend masses of money for things. For me, if I'm going to need tools I'll just use whatever I have to hand but that's my own beliefs; some people like having consecrated tools. I do have two athames, I've never used them. Never had a boline either. If I want a knife, I grab one from the kitchen.

The thing I would ask, why do you want those items for your altar? What is your path, do you know?
I did spend masses of money buying all sorts of tools and altar items because books and websites told me I would need them. I didn't need them, never used them and most are shoved in a drawer now.

My altar has two candles, a few drawings and items to represent deities, a wand a close friend made for me (although I don't use it), and then just seashells and stones etc from important places to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending