The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Jimbob995;45611218"]
Original post by jenildani3
I called them up and asked them and they said the interview go on till March!

So there is hope!! The wait is destroying me, I'll be a nervous wreck if I don't here back soon lol

haha you made me laugh!!! yes there is hope, I am also a nervous wreck checking my email and ucas million times a day and every time a letter comes through the post I say to myself please don't say Liverpool uni on the envelop, just in case its a rejection :-/

Sometimes I think if it was to be rejected it would have been by now, however I dont know if they are going through the applications in alphabetic order then my surname "H" would take a little while...

I seriously don't know what to think any more... :frown: x
[QUOTE="Girl;45635770" Super="Super"]
Original post by Jimbob995

haha you made me laugh!!! yes there is hope, I am also a nervous wreck checking my email and ucas million times a day and every time a letter comes through the post I say to myself please don't say Liverpool uni on the envelop, just in case its a rejection :-/

Sometimes I think if it was to be rejected it would have been by now, however I dont know if they are going through the applications in alphabetic order then my surname "H" would take a little while...

I suppose that no news is good news for now atleast but Id love to know soon lol, just got to take our minds off of it over Christmas :smile: how are your other choices going?
Guys seriously if you haven't heard yet, try not to think about it too much. No news is good news!
Last year when I applied, I didn't have an interview until 30th January, and another in mid February. I went a bit mad with constantly checking and refreshing UCAS and lost sight of what's more important- the grades!
You could get 4 offers for medicine but not end up going to any of them if you don't meet the grade conditions of your offer.
Make sure you focus 100% on getting those As and if an interview comes then great, if not then you can re-apply next year with your achieved grades.
And a lot of unis prefer gap year students to direct school leavers, so you'd be at an advantage!
So seriously don't worry about UCAS- put all of your efforts into smashing those exams this summer and I guarantee things will be fine :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 643
[QUOTE="Girl;45635770" Super="Super"]
Original post by Jimbob995

My surname is W and I've had an interview so don't think that's it haha
Reply 644
so if we haven't heard from med schools by now we still have a chance of interviews? or do we just assume that we've been rejected?
Reply 645
Original post by byousef95
so if we haven't heard from med schools by now we still have a chance of interviews? or do we just assume that we've been rejected?

I was actually wondering the same thing if we haven't heard should we assume the worst?
Original post by byousef95

Original post by Gills7
I was actually wondering the same thing if we haven't heard should we assume the worst?

Of course you still have a chance. They will continue interviewing until the end of February
Reply 647
Original post by Rumschpringe
Guys seriously if you haven't heard yet, try not to think about it too much. No news is good news!
Last year when I applied, I didn't have an interview until 30th January, and another in mid February. I went a bit mad with constantly checking and refreshing UCAS and lost sight of what's more important- the grades!
You could get 4 offers for medicine but not end up going to any of them if you don't meet the grade conditions of your offer.
Make sure you focus 100% on getting those As and if an interview comes then great, if not then you can re-apply next year with your achieved grades.
And a lot of unis prefer gap year students to direct school leavers, so you'd be at an advantage!
So seriously don't worry about UCAS- put all of your efforts into smashing those exams this summer and I guarantee things will be fine :smile:

You are absolutely right. I've been so focused on getting interviews and preparing for them that Ive forgotten about getting the grades. i have mocks in January and i hope I dont fail them. Now I'm just going to focus solely on getting the grades. If an interview/offer comes, great. If not, at least my grades are good enough to reapply next year.
[QUOTE="Jimbob995;45636382"]
Original post by Super Girl

I suppose that no news is good news for now atleast but Id love to know soon lol, just got to take our minds off of it over Christmas :smile: how are your other choices going?

All my other options are also playing the waiting game and keeping me in the suspense... 😁
[QUOTE="hjward;45638445"]
Original post by Super Girl

My surname is W and I've had an interview so don't think that's it haha

Cheers for that! 😉
My applications must stink then...😜
Reply 650
Hi everyone ,

Still haven't heard from Liverpool or Lancaster yet . Would love to go to either one really , just a. Waiting game nao really

I'm a resit applicant with AABb achieved and some extenuating circumstances ..

Reeeeallly hope I get an interview lol couldn't care if it was in the last week of march .

I've also applied to Exeter ad plymouth had interview at both got put on the waiting list for Plymouth and no reply yet from Exeter

....,gna be. A crazy January I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, me again. No news whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timeywimey
Hi guys, me again. No news whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most unis are closed over the Christmas period anyway. There's still plenty of time to hear back :smile:
Original post by Rumschpringe
Most unis are closed over the Christmas period anyway. There's still plenty of time to hear back :smile:

Thanks for the reassurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 654
Original post by Daffyd
Hey guys, this is aimed towards anyone who's already had their interviews. Did you feel rushed during your brief 15 minutes? I had mine recently and I felt like the interviewers were cutting me off at every corner to move onto the next question... They seemed really adamant at trying to get to know more about everything I wrote in my PS but at the same time I'd barely get to get 2 sentences out before them asking the next question. (Thinking back, I can really only remember being cut off only once or twice but I think the tenseness of the situation made me feel like it was more often?)

I know generally speaking, 15 minutes is really short for an interview, especially of the medical school variety. Did anyone else feel like they had too many questions and not enough time planned? Or was it just my answers being too long? :frown:

Hi, Do they only ask you about your ps? Or do they have other questions about their curriculum, or anything science related (like anatomy or results of recent researches)? Good luck for you though! I hope you get an offer :smile:
Reply 655
Original post by timeywimey
Thanks for the reassurance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, no news for me too. I am international applicant with 18 points and AS grades are ABBC.what u think of my chance?

Thanks
Reply 656
hey guys, I don't know if any of you tried to call Liverpool, but I've been trying to do so for a couple of days now, and sent an e-mail too nearly 3 weeks ago, but I didn't get any reply. I need to change the date of my interview because I only have a flight 3 days before my interview, so now I am freaked out that I won't be able to rearrange the date. Does anyone have any experience? What could I do to reach the School of Medicine? Please help!! :frown:
Original post by pzsanett
hey guys, I don't know if any of you tried to call Liverpool, but I've been trying to do so for a couple of days now, and sent an e-mail too nearly 3 weeks ago, but I didn't get any reply. I need to change the date of my interview because I only have a flight 3 days before my interview, so now I am freaked out that I won't be able to rearrange the date. Does anyone have any experience? What could I do to reach the School of Medicine? Please help!! :frown:

The medical school will be closed for Christmas, maybe try again after Monday 6th January.
Has anyone got an interview on 22nd January? Really stressed.
Any tips guys, what I should revise, what I should focus on?
Original post by sklka
Hi, no news for me too. I am international applicant with 18 points and AS grades are ABBC.what u think of my chance?

Thanks

Hopefully alright, I'm not the best person to ask though :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending