The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
I'll be withdrawing my application from LSE as soon as my Cambridge and Imperial offers come through on UCAS :biggrin:

Surely you'd want to know if you would get an offer? Just for the ego boost if nothing else?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
This is the LSE thread for a reason. Please can people stop talking about oxbridge offers, I'm sure there's plenty of different threads for that.
Original post by pranatirao
Sociology!

Been waiting for someone else who has applied for sociology for ages! have you got an offer? (I find it really hard to follow conversations on here so sorry if you've already said)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bshrestha
This is the LSE thread for a reason. Please can people stop talking about oxbridge offers, I'm sure there's plenty of different threads for that.

Agreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3684
Original post by mrchelsea
Surely you'd want to know if you would get an offer? Just for the ego boost if nothing else?

I'd rather someone else would get the offer who would actually be taking it :smile:
would anyone be able to give a rough estimate on the amount of offers already given out for the BSc Economics course?
My predicted grades at A levels are A*A*A*BB in Eco, business, accounting, English and maths respectively. I got 2As in AS also. I bagged the first place in India across four cambridge as level subjects also :3

i know now my math could be a problem but I scored an A* in my GCSE in maths. I screwed up in AS and that's why the full a level score will be low. Is it possible that I get an offer from LSE? Should I apply?
Original post by aashima_bajaj
My predicted grades at A levels are A*A*A*BB in Eco, business, accounting, English and maths respectively. I got 2As in AS also. I bagged the first place in India across four cambridge as level subjects also :3

i know now my math could be a problem but I scored an A* in my GCSE in maths. I screwed up in AS and that's why the full a level score will be low. Is it possible that I get an offer from LSE? Should I apply?

What course are you considering? It is obviously dependent on the course and its popularity, but to be honest, if it was economics or something related I think the B would prove prohibitive, unless you had extenuating circumstances.

Also, I think it's worth noting that both business studies and accounting are on their non-preferred subjects list, see here
Who is applying for, or received an offer for GOVERNMENT?

I got an offer a month ago, and want to find other offer holders :smile:
Original post by JoshHardman
Who is applying for, or received an offer for GOVERNMENT?

I got an offer a month ago, and want to find other offer holders :smile:

I have applied to government... no offer/rejection yet though! Submitted in November. How long did you have to wait for a reply?
Reply 3690
Original post by pranatirao
Sociology!

I find out whether I've been accepted or rejected for sociology next week! It's a long wait
LSE are killing us with this wait :frown:
Original post by jodiepitfield
Been waiting for someone else who has applied for sociology for ages! have you got an offer? (I find it really hard to follow conversations on here so sorry if you've already said)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No! not yet :/ Soooo stressed!
Reply 3695
Original post by gouratiltzen

Totally :s-smilie: It's nerve-racking
Reply 3696
Original post by gouratiltzen

tell me about it, I've not heard from any other universities either (bar an oxford rejection) so I'm not really sure if I'll be going to uni at this rate
Reply 3697
Has anyone applied/received offers for economics and economic history as of now?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/politics_offers_2013#London_School_of_Economics_and_Political_Science_.28University_of_London.29

This page is for people to put down their politics offers so people can get a rough idea of how many have been accepted etc - Pages like these have also been created for other subjects and may be useful for the more nervous and pedantic people on here lol
Original post by smile:D
What course are you considering? It is obviously dependent on the course and its popularity, but to be honest, if it was economics or something related I think the B would prove prohibitive, unless you had extenuating circumstances.

Also, I think it's worth noting that both business studies and accounting are on their non-preferred subjects list, see here

Oh oh I forgot to mention. Judas considering the Economics course.
And my predicted grade sent to CIE was A* but due to some unfortunate events on the day of the exam, I screwed up. However, all my past performances have been great!

Would it help if I resit my Maths exam in The June session?

Btw, I also had two AS Level subjects where I scored straight As.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending