The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
Original post by arminb
[video="youtube;PxI9MXa7Db8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxI9MXa7Db8[/video]
They just opened up a new students union building. Not that I care, but the video clip is quite amazing.

Nice one :smile: a new student's union building, now only the offer is missing hahaa:wink:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3921
I dont live in the UK-I'm an international student so I can't make it to the open day unfortunately :tongue: yeah I agree about the course, I prefer kings, but yeah LSE has a better prestige and name..
Argh the wait is killing me..
Good luck!
Original post by CG1012
Cool, are you going to a Bath open day?

My first choice now is LSE, but it's just because of the name and prestige. Personally I think I would prefer the KCL course over the LSE one I applied for (here's to hoping universities don't actually check these forums :s-smilie:). They're both in London, which is one of the things I'm looking for, but if I get offers from both, I'll firm LSE and put either Bath or KCL as insurance.

Getting offers from the rest of the unis is one story altogether though! Choosing which, is another one I think. Haha.
I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread :tongue: I'm applying for Law. I applied in October, still no news :frown:
Good luck everyone! :3
Original post by kguo2
hey me too, i applied management also during mid- november.. haven't heard anything....

You haven't heard anything at all? Maybe you should give them a call to see if they got your application
Reply 3924
Original post by TheBlueGuy
You haven't heard anything at all? Maybe you should give them a call to see if they got your application

i've got the 2 weeks email, followed by the 7 weeks one, but due to the xmas holiday reason, 2more weeks added....
Original post by kguo2
i've got the 2 weeks email, followed by the 7 weeks one, but due to the xmas holiday reason, 2more weeks added....

When people say "the 7 week one" what does that mean?
They told you that you would have to wait 7 weeks?
Reply 3926
When people say "the 7 week one" what does that mean?
They told you that you would have to wait 7 weeks?

it is usually 7 weeks, then either rejection
or strongest in you cohort wait for more weeks email
then offer/rejection
It is unlikely to happen for people who have recently applied as the deadline is 15 Jan. and they will have all the applications by then.
For me,however, was 2 weeks email, then 5 weeks email, 4-5 after the 5 week period ended i received a decision. Usually you should expect to wait 2-3 months for a decision, in short. But it might be sooner/later than that.
Original post by arminb
it is usually 7 weeks, then either rejection
or strongest in you cohort wait for more weeks email
then offer/rejection
It is unlikely to happen for people who have recently applied as the deadline is 15 Jan. and they will have all the applications by then.
For me,however, was 2 weeks email, then 5 weeks email, 4-5 after the 5 week period ended i received a decision. Usually you should expect to wait 2-3 months for a decision, in short. But it might be sooner/later than that.

So it's possible to get an offer in 2 weeks but not likely haha
Reply 3928

Its almost impossible, they want to play hard to get:yes:
But a rejection is likely within that timeframe.
Reply 3929
So it is quite normal to have to wait a bit longer than the five weeks specified? I was starting to worry as my five week period ended friday.

Not really....been waiting since 9th October ffs. Just got to the point now where I'm tired of speculating on what decison I'll get lol

You will be waiting at least a month for a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3931
Original post by gracelich
Not really....been waiting since 9th October ffs. Just got to the point now where I'm tired of speculating on what decison I'll get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really wish you get in gracelich. I think many people will find out Jan. 25. So you're almost there. But it might also be tomorrow. What were you grades?
Did you apply to Oxbridge too?
Original post by gracelich

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I think we're both applying for history as well, best of luck to you :biggrin:

I hate this waiting :angry:
Original post by arminb
I really wish you get in gracelich. I think many people will find out Jan. 25. So you're almost there. But it might also be tomorrow. What were you grades?
Did you apply to Oxbridge too?

What makes you think Jan 25 is the day?
Original post by josiejo1970
I'm not keen on Cambridge after visiting which is why I didn't apply. They are all great Unis so we will agree to differ. I know quite a few people in senior jobs in London who said they would recruit LSE over Oxbridge. My sisters friend, an LSE graduate, earns a 6 figure salary within 2 years of leaving LSE and now owns 2 properties. The networking he was able to do whilst in London made internships and job hunting easier. We are both lucky to be able to study at these institutions. Still disappointed about Oxford but knew in my heart that LSE was the better choice. Just never been in a position where I was unsuccessful in anything before. Sad face :frown: Must have messed up TSA as I was happy with my interviews. Still 8% acceptance is always a risk/challenge.

Strong sample pool. We must thus conclude that LSE > Oxbridge.

Spoiler

Reply 3935
The same situation as yours. Did the letter say ' your application is strong enough to be considered further' ? And what major do you apply for?
Reply 3936
Original post by kguo2

The same situation as yours. Did the letter say ' your application is strong enough to be considered further' ? And what major do you apply for?
Reply 3937
What makes you think Jan 25 is the day?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/history_offers_2013
Go to the LSE part. I don't know about other subjects but he's applied to history. When did you apply?
Original post by arminb
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/history_offers_2013
Go to the LSE part. I don't know about other subjects but he's applied to history. When did you apply?

I applied on Friday so i expect to wait ages
Reply 3939
I applied on Friday so i expect to wait ages

you should expect a decision in March. Don't occupy yourself too much with waiting this might intervene with your studies. I can assure you that there is 0.000001% possibility that you will hear from them in less than at least Feb most likely march.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending