The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracelich
Oh damn! Maybe I worked it out wrong?! I didn't count the two weeks over Christmas, so maybe that's why I worked out I'd have a decision by 30th? Having a mini heart attack right now as we could both potentially have a decision tomorrow!! Arghhh

Yeah, just played piano to calm the nerves...on with revision :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're in this together, UCL and LSE history applicant tsr buddies........

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by puella_optima
We're in this together, UCL and LSE history applicant tsr buddies........

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I know! I'll let you know when I hear something!! Good luck! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bshrestha
No, I haven't got an offer. The last email I got was about "one of the strongest candidate one" What about you? May I know why you want to study Phil and Econ? Also, what are your GCSES/ASlevels/Predictions like? :smile:

Yep I got that email then the Christmas extension. If they keep to their timings (doubtful) I should hear tomorrow! So nervous! :P

I want to go into a career in either finance or journalism, and I figured philosophy combined with economics would be slightly more interesting and unusual and provide a valuable skill set in thinking critically and analytically. Also I became really interested in phil about a year ago and have done a lot of reading.

And I'm Scottish, I don't know exactly how to compare our exams with yours, but in my fourth year exams, in which people usually do seven standard grades/intermediate 2's I got nine As. In my Highers in fifth year (people usually do 5) I got six As as I self-studied maths. And this year I'm doing four Advanced Highers: maths, english, history and economics, and my predictions are four As. I also started self-studying Mandarin this year and am sitting my HSK 3 exam in May (that's the international chinese proficiency test).

How about you? :smile:
Original post by CaptainJaneway
Yep I got that email then the Christmas extension. If they keep to their timings (doubtful) I should hear tomorrow! So nervous! :P

I want to go into a career in either finance or journalism, and I figured philosophy combined with economics would be slightly more interesting and unusual and provide a valuable skill set in thinking critically and analytically. Also I became really interested in phil about a year ago and have done a lot of reading.

And I'm Scottish, I don't know exactly how to compare our exams with yours, but in my fourth year exams, in which people usually do seven standard grades/intermediate 2's I got nine As. In my Highers in fifth year (people usually do 5) I got six As as I self-studied maths. And this year I'm doing four Advanced Highers: maths, english, history and economics, and my predictions are four As. I also started self-studying Mandarin this year and am sitting my HSK 3 exam in May (that's the international chinese proficiency test).

How about you? :smile:

Oh wow you are such a strong candidate! In my GCSE's I got 9A*s and 3 A's. AS levels were AAAB and A2 predictions are A*A*AA in Economics,Maths,FurtherMaths and English Literature. I am supposed to be hearing on the 18th but seeing as it is a saturday, tomorrow could be the life changing day. Would be very disappointed to get a rejection.
Oh wow you are such a strong candidate! In my GCSE's I got 9A*s and 3 A's. AS levels were AAAB and A2 predictions are A*A*AA in Economics,Maths,FurtherMaths and English Literature. I am supposed to be hearing on the 18th but seeing as it is a saturday, tomorrow could be the life changing day. Would be very disappointed to get a rejection.

Thanks! I know exactly how you feel. I honestly don't know what I'll do if I get a rejection, and right before the prelims as well. I'll probably be too scared to open the email if it comes! But apparently the first three words of the offer email is 'I am pleased'... :P

Good luck!!! I really hope it goes well for both of us!
Thanks! I know exactly how you feel. I honestly don't know what I'll do if I get a rejection, and right before the prelims as well. I'll probably be too scared to open the email if it comes! But apparently the first three words of the offer email is 'I am pleased'... :P

Good luck!!! I really hope it goes well for both of us!

Yeah a rejection would be a killer. What other unis have you applied for and have you heard from them? That would be pretty cool if we both get in to LSE. We can have study sessions together! :biggrin:
Yeah a rejection would be a killer. What other unis have you applied for and have you heard from them? That would be pretty cool if we both get in to LSE. We can have study sessions together! :biggrin:

Yeah it would! But don't jinx it! :P

I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham and Edinburgh, and I've only heard back from Oxford (rejection). You?
hey everyone, any ''Accounting and Finance'' offers out there?
Yeah it would! But don't jinx it! :P

I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham and Edinburgh, and I've only heard back from Oxford (rejection). You?

I applied for Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. Did you get an interview at Oxford? I got a rejection from Oxford and an offer from Nottingham. I applied for PPE at Oxford and Warwick so I am scared that LSE find my personal statement too political rather than focused solely on Philosophy and Economics. What about you? Did you talk about Politics in your personal statement?
what subjects?? :smile:

My A Levels are Maths, Further Maths, French and Physics, I'm doing all for A2 :smile: What are you applying for?
I applied for Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Nottingham. Did you get an interview at Oxford? I got a rejection from Oxford and an offer from Nottingham. I applied for PPE at Oxford and Warwick so I am scared that LSE find my personal statement too political rather than focused solely on Philosophy and Economics. What about you? Did you talk about Politics in your personal statement?

Omg our situation is so similar! I applied for PPE too at Oxford and Durham, and no I didn't get an interview. It was probably the worst day of my life when I found that out. A dream truly shattered. I must have really let myself down in the TSA, I think it was a failure in time management.

In my personal statement I had two main paragraphs on economics and philosophy. I briefly mentioned politics at the end of the phil section by linking it into political philosophy and morality, but I really hope it doesn't scream 'PPE'!

Fingers crossed!!!
Omg our situation is so similar! I applied for PPE too at Oxford and Durham, and no I didn't get an interview. It was probably the worst day of my life when I found that out. A dream truly shattered. I must have really let myself down in the TSA, I think it was a failure in time management.

In my personal statement I had two main paragraphs on economics and philosophy. I briefly mentioned politics at the end of the phil section by linking it into political philosophy and morality, but I really hope it doesn't scream 'PPE'!

Fingers crossed!!!

God I think I mentioned politics and government way too much. If I get a rejection from LSE, gap year it is. And I got my TSA result back I got 54.2... its out of 99.9. I really wanted to get into Oxford though, I might actually take a gap year and reapply for Economics and Management this time.
Reply 4032
That's amazing. What subjects? Your personal statement must be amazing too since most people getting offers for straight econ have straight A*s. what do you think made you stand out? :smile:

Double Maths, econ and geography

Yes! I think I am the luckiest person on earth! lol Well I focused a lot of academic stuff, like books I read, talks Ive been to, and an essay competition that I joined (tho I lost lol)
God I think I mentioned politics and government way too much. If I get a rejection from LSE, gap year it is. And I got my TSA result back I got 54.2... its out of 99.9. I really wanted to get into Oxford though, I might actually take a gap year and reapply for Economics and Management this time.

How did you get your result?? Oxbridge was basically my life's dream but LSE and the whole London experience will be so incredible! And it's the best place in the world to study economics behind only Harvard and MIT.

But if I don't get an offer I'm going to seriously consider a gap year, preferably abroad, preferably working in a finance or journalism related industry, and I'd have to find some way to keep my maths up. I'd then most likely reapply to LSE for straight econ and probably Cambridge.
What would you do for a gap year if it comes to that?
How did you get your result?? Oxbridge was basically my life's dream but LSE and the whole London experience will be so incredible! And it's the best place in the world to study economics behind only Harvard and MIT.

But if I don't get an offer I'm going to seriously consider a gap year, preferably abroad, preferably working in a finance or journalism related industry, and I'd have to find some way to keep my maths up. I'd then most likely reapply to LSE for straight econ and probably Cambridge.
What would you do for a gap year if it comes to that?

My school gave it to me. I think you can get it online though; your school should have given you an ID number of some sort. Yes, mine too. Also, I've lived in London all my life so it's not much an exciting experience for me. Oxbridge would be something quite different and traditional, but its just incredibly hard to get into and very unpredictable. I am not too sure; I haven't quite thought about that yet. If LSE rejects me, then I will most likely take a gap year and travel and working in finance or something along those lines. It's rather scary how much we have in common in regards to university!
Reply 4035
Original post by siddshah06
hey everyone, any ''Accounting and Finance'' offers out there?

Yeah
Congrats! :smile: can you please tell me your grades for GCSEs and A level, and the dates you applied ? are you an international applicant ? (i am) ... much appreciated
Sorry if im disappointing anyone. Last year i was rejected late march, just to tell you guys this does happen. Guess i love LSE too much to reapply after that ***t..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by reapplicant
Sorry if im disappointing anyone. Last year i was rejected late march, just tell you guys these does happen. Guess i love LSE too much to reapply after that ***t..

When did you apply first time round?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
When did you apply first time round?

Posted from TSR Mobile

October 15th, the oxford deadline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending