The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
So happy, got my offer for International Relations at about 11 this morning! Really surprised to see only around 50 places on the course, did not come across this figure before. I applied October 10th, but I presume the Department will be sending out offers round about now! Good luck to all!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 4161
Original post by coastbeats
Me too! Haha congrats. My parents lost hope from the start when I told them I was reapplying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice!! :smile: so you took a gap year? did you get an offer for the same course too?
Reply 4162
Original post by Am0312x
UCL don't offer sociology

I know, I was going to apply for their Liberal Arts course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lpyoung
So happy, got my offer for International Relations at about 11 this morning! Really surprised to see only around 50 places on the course, did not come across this figure before. I applied October 10th, but I presume the Department will be sending out offers round about now! Good luck to all!

Congratulations! Must be such a relief! Though I'm curious as to where you got that figure from. I'm looking at the most recent prospectus and it says that there were 59 places in 2012?
Original post by corax
I know, I was going to apply for their Liberal Arts course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious, what e-mail did you receive yesterday?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by corax
Sociology at everything except for Birmingham were I applied for Liberal Arts and Sciences.

Ah good luck!
I was going to apply for UCL until I read about them requiring a language at GCSE (I did French and got an E, oops)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should have applied to UCL, they say you can fulfil the language requirement upon arrival, my school didn't even run a language class for GCSE and I still applied
Reply 4166
Original post by mmms95
How many offers do you think are given out vs number applicants? Don't you think it would be more than double?

Also anyone heard from business maths and stats?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

a friend of mine received an offer for BMS. His grades were decent, AAAB at AS level if i can remember correctly.
Reply 4167
Original post by CG1012
Ah that's cool! You're the first person I know who's from Mauritius :smile: My favorite place in China is Xi an because of the terra-cotta warriors and etc. I live in China but am from Singapore; I've lived here for most of my life now.

Yesss we went to one of them excavation sites and saw the terra cotta warriors! That was pretty cool - and the tour guide said they are actually really colorful but as soon as you dig them up and they get oxygen, they turn that brownish colour!
Ah you have to visit Mauritius one day, it's beautiful :smile:
Applied on 07/01/2014

Email 1, 09/01/2014 - Thanks for your application, decision in approx 12 weeks and no later than 31/03/2014, will be in touch in the next 2 weeks for update

Email 2, 13/01/2014 - Currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure you've met entry requirements, also assessing PS. Expect update in the next 2 weeks

Email 3, 17/01/2014 - Application strong enough to be considered further, will be considered in competition with other candidates in my cohort. This can take approximately 7 weeks.

Is this a similar timeframe to what other people have had? How come everyone else seems to have 5 week emails and mine is 7? Weaker application? Cause I'm a mature student? Am I massively over-analysing?
Original post by StretfordEnd
Applied on 07/01/2014

Email 1, 09/01/2014 - Thanks for your application, decision in approx 12 weeks and no later than 31/03/2014, will be in touch in the next 2 weeks for update

Email 2, 13/01/2014 - Currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure you've met entry requirements, also assessing PS. Expect update in the next 2 weeks

Email 3, 17/01/2014 - Application strong enough to be considered further, will be considered in competition with other candidates in my cohort. This can take approximately 7 weeks.

Is this a similar timeframe to what other people have had? How come everyone else seems to have 5 week emails and mine is 7? Weaker application? Cause I'm a mature student? Am I massively over-analysing?

I applied around the same time you did and got the exact same thing (except the emails were closer together)
I think it's normal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do LSE ever let people in who miss their grades? offered AAB but atm A*BB is far more probable.... :/
Reply 4171
Original post by lpyoung

Congratulations !! :smile: May I ask you if you got the "among the strongest applicants" email ?
Original post by May-o2q
I am , I don't have GCSEs grade but I do have grade in my country which is equivalent. I got AAB in my as and my prediction are AAA. :smile: my grade aren't that good and I didn't mention lots of books in my ps too. Not so confident. But still the waiting is killing me. What are yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh okk! i didn't do very well in my IGCSEs (2A* 4A 3B) , and i got AABC at AS. I have also completed my A level Maths ( achieved A) .. and A*A predictions for A2 in Chem and Econ! :s-smilie: Althought my grades aren't very strong, i do have quite a strong p.s (quite related to the course on the academic side) ! So hopefully that will help me a lot!
Im pretty sure everyones confidence is low right now :frown: but i'm sure we'll get our offers!!
which country are you from?
Original post by siddshah06
ahh okk! i didn't do very well in my IGCSEs (2A* 4A 3B) , and i got AABC at AS. I have also completed my A level Maths ( achieved A) .. and A*A predictions for A2 in Chem and Econ! :s-smilie: Althought my grades aren't very strong, i do have quite a strong p.s (quite related to the course on the academic side) ! So hopefully that will help me a lot!
Im pretty sure everyones confidence is low right now :frown: but i'm sure we'll get our offers!!
which country are you from?

LOL our grades are almost same!! I've applied for Actuarial Sciences, what about u?? Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 4174
Original post by rohan11
Are you applying for economics? I got the same email as you on 13th and i sent it around 11th october aswell. I thought we were going to hear today from them :frown: so scared

Snap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maliksajwani
LOL our grades are almost same!! I've applied for Actuarial Sciences, what about u?? Good luck :biggrin:

Accounting and Finance!! :biggrin: yeah good luck to you too!! what stage of the process have you reached?
Reply 4176
Received the 5 week email 13 weeks ago... zzz...
Original post by valerab
Received the 5 week email 13 weeks ago... zzz...

Wuuuut?!?! Have you rung them?! That's crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4178
Original post by gracelich
Wuuuut?!?! Have you rung them?! That's crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent them an email, and they said they'll let me know soon... that was 8 weeks ago lol
Original post by valerab
I sent them an email, and they said they'll let me know soon... that was 8 weeks ago lol

Wow....don't know what to say really. Haven't heard of that happening before. At least you haven't got a rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending