The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JollyJelly
I disagree with the whole Bill Gates is 'alpha' thing.

Just because someone's rich and owns a big company doesn't make them 'alpha' it just means they have a high social standing. Put them side by side with someone like an NCO in the army for instance and it would be obvious who the 'alpha' was.

Put an army NCO next to lawyer-turned-politician Rhodes Scholar Bill Clinton, it's obvious who the alpha is.

And even Bill Gates would have a greater ability to propagate his DNA compared to an army NCO, if you're going to measure humans in ludicrous terms like "alpha male".
Original post by MostUncivilised
And yet, Bill Gates has real power and Bear Grylls does not.

Why don't you actually bother to learn how the terms alpha and beta are used instead of attacking a strawman. Being alpha doesn't mean simply having lots of money and owning a large company, you're utterly clueless.
Original post by JollyCooperation
Why don't you actually bother to learn how the terms alpha and beta are used instead of attacking a strawman. Being alpha doesn't mean simply having lots of money and owning a large company, you're utterly clueless.

So alpha is "whatever I want it to be", considering it's not a scientific term or something that has any basis in reality, except if you measure it by physical strength.

Which is, by the way, a pretty poor measure because a successful lawyer-geek is more likely to propagate his DNA than a meathead who shoots up steroids.
Put an army NCO next to lawyer-turned-politician Rhodes Scholar Bill Clinton, it's obvious who the alpha is.

And even Bill Gates would have a greater ability to propagate his DNA compared to an army NCO, if you're going to measure humans in ludicrous terms like "alpha male".

Again, you're saying 'alpha' means intelligent or wealthy. Which is just stupid.

I agree 'alpha' is a silly term hence why I've used apostrophise for it.
So alpha is "whatever I want it to be", considering it's not a scientific term or something that has any basis in reality, except if you measure it by physical strength.

Which is, by the way, a pretty poor measure because a successful lawyer-geek is more likely to propagate his DNA than a meathead who shoots up steroids.

Go actually read some red pill literature about alpha and beta types instead of spouting off about things you don't understand. Rollo Tomassi would be a good place to start.

We're a fairly typical sexually dimorphic species of mammal btw with behaviours and structures that overlap to a huge degree with the rest of the animal kingdom. You'd do well to remember that.
Original post by JollyJelly

I agree 'alpha' is a silly term hence why I've used apostrophise for it.

I agree, it's a meaningless term.

It's an incoherent term even if you measure it on the basis of what "alpha males" claim it to be. They say an alpha male is dominant, and if you look at who dominates society, it's PPE grads and financiers and barristers and nobel prize winners and suchlike.
The impression I have received from self-professed alphas (leaving out the debate on what an actual "alpha" is, eew) on here is that they want an impossible woman who consists of polar opposites.

She is "sweet and chaste" when it comes to other men. But an absolutely uninhibited sexual rebel when it comes to pleasing them.

She is strong and independent (by which they mean expects nothing from them that they don't want to/ isn't easy to give), yet capitulates to all of their fantasies and needs.

She is "real" and not vain, but maintains her appearance to an extremely high standard and has a 10/10 body and face.

She is a rare find - an intelligent, beautiful woman with plenty of options - but she doesn't mind playing second fiddle to a little boy who can't stand for anyone (let alone a female!) to outperform him.

Of course this is heavily biased by my personal views and impressions :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending