The Student Room Group

Help no offers yet!!!

Hi guys,

I am an international applicant and I still have not received any medical offers up to date nor any interview call. I am a Malaysian. Is this a norm or are the odds now against me? I am left with liverpool, cardiff and glasgow. Anybody with any information?

Thanks for the help!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by JeffS.
Hi guys,

I am an international applicant and I still have not received any medical offers up to date nor any interview call. I am a Malaysian. Is this a norm or are the odds now against me? I am left with liverpool, cardiff and glasgow. Anybody with any information?

Thanks for the help!!!!

So when did you apply? Please don't tell me you applied last week..?
You can expect to get your 1st offer after 2 weeks (for medicine more likely after 4 weeks though) until 10 weeks. It actually even takes longer for non-UK/EU students.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hanover
You can expect to get your 1st offer after 2 weeks (for medicine more likely after 4 weeks though) until 10 weeks. It actually even takes longer for non-UK/EU students.

Yeah that's not true, a lot of medical schools will wait until the month of the deadline to give out offers.

OP, if you haven't had any interview offers by now then your odds are unfortunately looking quite bleak, especially as you're an international student as they tend to give out interviews for internationals quite early. You should start thinking about what to do next year if you don't get any offers, whether you would want to take up your 5th choice or if you would prefer to take a gap year and try again.
Reply 3
Original post by Helloworld_95
Yeah that's not true, a lot of medical schools will wait until the month of the deadline to give out offers.

OP, if you haven't had any interview offers by now then your odds are unfortunately looking quite bleak, especially as you're an international student as they tend to give out interviews for internationals quite early. You should start thinking about what to do next year if you don't get any offers, whether you would want to take up your 5th choice or if you would prefer to take a gap year and try again.

Well what? I know a lot of people who haven't received any offers yet cause they applied 2 weeks ago. How can you even tell the OP that his/her chance is low by now? I mean it's only 1 week after the deadline, many universities are still busy with other applicants. I applied in mid-November and haven't received all offers yet. (I'm international as well). Some applicants even have to wait until March.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hanover
Well what? I know a lot of people who haven't received any offers yet cause they applied 2 weeks ago. How can you even tell the OP that his/her chance is low by now? I mean it's only 1 week after the deadline, many universities are still busy with other applicants. I applied in mid-November and haven't received all offers yet. (I'm international as well)

The medical school application deadline was the 15th of October which was over 3 months ago. I've also been through the medical school application system before, classed as an international student.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Hanover

Original post by Hanover
Well what? I know a lot of people who haven't received any offers yet cause they applied 2 weeks ago. How can you even tell the OP that his/her chance is low by now? I mean it's only 1 week after the deadline, many universities are still busy with other applicants. I applied in mid-November and haven't received all offers yet. (I'm international as well). Some applicants even have to wait until March.

Wtf are you even talking about? Everything you've said is utter bull****.
Reply 6
I actually applied on the 15th October deadline. To be exact, I applied on the 11th of October. Each one of you have differing points, but I guess things are looking a little bleak for me at the moment. As much as I hate to admit this, I tried asking for some shred of hope.

But anyway, thanks for your opinions!
Original post by JeffS.
I actually applied on the 15th October deadline. To be exact, I applied on the 11th of October. Each one of you have differing points, but I guess things are looking a little bleak for me at the moment. As much as I hate to admit this, I tried asking for some shred of hope.

NOO! your chances are not bleak! I haven't heard from 3 of my choices yet (although I am anticipating a rejection lol)

The unis have until march (I think) to give out interviews/offers so you still have a chance.

More information can be found on the medical schools websites and the UCAS website.

Good Luck!
Original post by Hanover

You do realise youre in the medicine forum right? The medical school application process is very different to most courses. The deadline for medicine was on the 15th of october.
Original post by JeffS.

Just keep your hopes high, medical schools can interview into march. You still have a couple months. Although, if youre international, most will probably call you to interview a good few weeks in advance, so you may very well hear something pretty soon. Good luck!
I presume as an international applicant the UK is just one of several countries you have applied to. It's too early to say whether or not you have a place but it is a very competitive course so 5 rejections isn't unusual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending