The Student Room Group

Why do people only bother with you when you have no problems?

Or walk away from you when you do? It hurts so much :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You must be great to go for a drink with.
Reply 2
You don't have friends. Get some friends.

/thread
Reply 3
You sound overbearing
Because your problems remind them of theirs.

The people I know are lucky because I pull away from them when I'm going through **** so they don't have to deal with it/me.
That's when you can distinguish real friends and friends...
My problems are my problems, my friends dont know about my problems because they are my problems not theirs.
Reply 7
Original post by ThatLTUguy
You don't have friends. Get some friends.

/thread

How does that answer the question? Exactly, it doesn't. So do one.
Reply 8
Original post by Kilroy8
You must be great to go for a drink with.

I am actually. When I get drunk I am far crazier and wild compared to sober. Life and soul every time mainly cause I do stupid things no one else will.
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by iamintorture
How does that answer the question? Exactly, it doesn't. So do one.

You're really rude. Perhaps it's because you have problems, but that's probably why people don't bother with you.
Original post by nohomo
You're really rude. Perhaps it's because you have problems, but that's probably why people don't bother with you.

He started it. Telling me I have no friends when he doesn't even know me.
Reply 12
He started it. Telling me I have no friends when he doesn't even know me.

Well you did say that nobody bothers with you, suggesting you don't have friends.

Not having friends isn't necessarily an insult.

This echoes my thoughts perfectly.
Original post by nohomo
Well you did say that nobody bothers with you, suggesting you don't have friends.

Not having friends isn't necessarily an insult.

Maybe that wasn't intended to be rude but "/thread" is quite dismissive and rude if you ask me. Anyway, whatever. I just wanted to find out what makes some people run away from others with problems not discuss my friendship circle.
Reply 15
Maybe that wasn't intended to be rude but "/thread" is quite dismissive and rude if you ask me. Anyway, whatever. I just wanted to find out what makes some people run away from others with problems not discuss my friendship circle.

It's probably because people want to have a good time/feel good, and don't want to be dragged into your misery, especially if you become unpleasant when miserable.

Ask yourself: would you rather hang out with a really nice, happy, receptive person, or a really unpleasant, unhappy, unreceptive person. Why?
Original post by nohomo
It's probably because people want to have a good time/feel good, and don't want to be dragged into your misery, especially if you become unpleasant when miserable.

Ask yourself: would you rather hang out with a really nice, happy, receptive person, or a really unpleasant, unhappy, unreceptive person. Why?
Of course we would all rather hang out with a happy person. But it's quite selfish of supposed true friends to walk away at the first sign of trouble and only make themselves known during the good times.
Reply 17
Of course we would all rather hang out with a happy person. But it's quite selfish of supposed true friends to walk away at the first sign of trouble and only make themselves known during the good times.

I've been on the receiving end of this rejection, so I know what it feels like.

People are selfish, mostly. There's your answer :tongue:
Original post by nohomo
I've been on the receiving end of this rejection, so I know what it feels like.

People are selfish, mostly. There's your answer :tongue:

Exactly. Yeah you're right.
Reply 19
Or walk away from you when you do? It hurts so much :frown:

The answer to your question is quite ambiguous. I believe it is to do with either jealousy or selfishness.
When people are selfish they only care for what services you can do for them, this is a characteristic amongst people who are 'good' friends. When this isn't returned you could denounce that person as having a dracian attitude, i.e. living off your happiness.

Another reason is we only notice the bad things that happen to us when we're happy, because something is blocking our enjoyment, whereas when we're sad we take negative things for granted because we are in that state of mind.

If it's because of people which has led you to this post then perhaps you should find new friends or start caring more about yourself, putting your own needs before others. "Love thy self" I think they say..

Quick Reply

Latest