The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hi received an email a few days back saying that my application was one of the strongest but needed more time to be considered, has anyone else who applied for economics received this email and as a result got an offer?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Jamessmith14
Hi received an email a few days back saying that my application was one of the strongest but needed more time to be considered, has anyone else who applied for economics received this email and as a result got an offer?

What are your As Grades, A2 predicted and GCSE grades if you don't mind me asking?
So approaches the end of my 4 weeks per the email from LSE, though somehow I don't think that will make much difference... The wait is slowly frying my brain...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ockhamsshotgun
So approaches the end of my 4 weeks per the email from LSE, though somehow I don't think that will make much difference... The wait is slowly frying my brain...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely agree with you! I just want a FINAL reply soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4624

I got the same email on 24/01/13, has everyone who has received an offer had this email?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by slm95
I got the same email on 24/01/13, has everyone who has received an offer had this email?

Yeah i was wondering the same thing
Reply 4626
Yeah i was wondering the same thing

Ive mentioned this before. I hadnt received that email before i got my offer.
Does LSE reply on the deadline or two weeks after the deadline? :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4628
Original post by epicfail13
Does LSE reply on the deadline or two weeks after the deadline? :/

My strongest in cycle deadline ended two and a half weeks ago (incl. 2week christmas). So no, they dont even always reply within two weeks after your deadline. Really hope to hear something this friday.
Reply 4629
I'd say it is just more convenient if they don't send those 2 week 5 week or 4 week emails. They only make things worse as they don't keep to their deadline or perpetuate it with more emails. Some guy was rejected 9 weeks after his 5 week email. They made a huge fuss on TSR as well, I think the admissions department laughed their ass off reading this thread(if they did).
I've already got my offer but I just feel so bad about everyone on this thread anxiously awaiting a reply. I'd say the best way is that they send all their offers on a set date, like 3 months after you apply no sooner no later.
Which way would you prefer? No email, or the way it is.
Reply 4630
Original post by Mdhu
Hello everyone!

Hope everyone gets what they deservee but i was wondering does anyone know of someone who applied for Bsc social policy and economics?

Hey! I have and I received a 7 week email on 17th Jan. I submitted my UCAS in late December. What about you?
Original post by arminb
I'd say it is just more convenient if they don't send those 2 week 5 week or 4 week emails. They only make things worse as they don't keep to their deadline or perpetuate it with more emails. Some guy was rejected 9 weeks after his 5 week email. They made a huge fuss on TSR as well, I think the admissions department laughed their ass off reading this thread(if they did).
I've already got my offer but I just feel so bad about everyone on this thread anxiously awaiting a reply. I'd say the best way is that they send all their offers on a set date, like 3 months after you apply no sooner no later.

Did you receive an offer, on the correct date after you 7 weeks email?
Original post by arminb

A set date sounds much better than their current method of sending out offers.
Then one won't be anxiously checking their emails or UCAS Track every time Thursday or Friday comes by.
If only, if only.
Reply 4633
Original post by okjoy
Applying for IR :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for IR too! Do you know how many slots there are and how many are applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4634
Original post by hoxylady
I applied for IR too! Do you know how many slots there are and how many are applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know , but I read here that they only have a few places for EU I believe, so I don't have my hopes too high ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have firmed, or are planning to firm LSE, then head over to the LSE firmer thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2560450

For those still waiting, keep busy, keep positive and try to stay away from TSR (it promotes anxiety!)

Best of luck,

QuestionsQ
Reply 4636
Original post by Arian93
Hey! I have and I received a 7 week email on 17th Jan. I submitted my UCAS in late December. What about you?

I submited mid November and im still waiting on my 8th week now? I hope you dont mind but what sort of subjects are u doing and what are ur predections?
Hope u dont take this the wrong way haha and good luck with ur application!
Reply 4637
Original post by Mdhu
I submited mid November and im still waiting on my 8th week now? I hope you dont mind but what sort of subjects are u doing and what are ur predections?
Hope u dont take this the wrong way haha and good luck with ur application!

Did you get the strong enough email? I am actually a sophomore student and i'm doing BSc Econ and Math- never wanted to do math but had no choice at the time so applying to LSE now. I had Econ, Math, History and Psyc at A Levels. Are you an international student or a UK student?
Reply 4638
Original post by Arian93
Did you get the strong enough email? I am actually a sophomore student and i'm doing BSc Econ and Math- never wanted to do math but had no choice at the time so applying to LSE now. I had Econ, Math, History and Psyc at A Levels. Are you an international student or a UK student?

Yeah im an international student and also got the strong enough email! Wait so ur applying for 2nd year entry?

Do you know of anyone else applying to the course because i havent seen much applyig around this thread?
Reply 4639
Original post by Mdhu
Yeah im an international student and also got the strong enough email! Wait so ur applying for 2nd year entry?

Do you know of anyone else applying to the course because i havent seen much applyig around this thread?

LSE rarely accepts students for 2nd year entry so no, I applied as a first year student. And no, havent seen anyone applying for the course. What are your subs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending