The Student Room Group

Surrey Tonmeister applicants 2014

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone's had their interview yet, if so how did it go?!!
Reply 1
I second this... spoken to some people who were grilled in previous years. How is it guys?
Reply 2
Got rejected from mine :/
Nevertheless I will try again next year hopefully with Physics.
Would appreciate it if you guys could tell me how the interview goes though :smile:
Reply 3
Sorry to hear that :frown: did you hear straight after your interview then?
Reply 4
Original post by cantstop
Sorry to hear that :frown: did you hear straight after your interview then?

No, I didn't get an interview which was a bit of a shame :frown: I doubted that I would have got in this year even if I did get an interview but if a had of it would've have prepared me for next year (assuming I get an interview then :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by RobDavidson
No, I didn't get an interview which was a bit of a shame :frown: I doubted that I would have got in this year even if I did get an interview but if a had of it would've have prepared me for next year (assuming I get an interview then :smile:

Well we'll let you know how it goes! Hopefully you'll get a shot next year :smile: good luck with it!
Reply 6
Original post by cantstop
Well we'll let you know how it goes! Hopefully you'll get a shot next year :smile: good luck with it!

Yeah, I would appreciate it if you could cheers :smile:
Reply 7
I have mine on Wednesday the 12th. I'm looking forward to it but it's pretty nerve wracking at the same time because it's such an impressive course. I have to do an audition too so with a bit of luck and prior knowledge in the interview it should be fine.

Anyone else have interviews in the next couple of months?
Reply 8
Original post by mnf50
I have mine on Wednesday the 12th. I'm looking forward to it but it's pretty nerve wracking at the same time because it's such an impressive course. I have to do an audition too so with a bit of luck and prior knowledge in the interview it should be fine.

Anyone else have interviews in the next couple of months?

Mine's on the 12th too! I've just got the standard music and sound recording test. Haven't done music a level for a year though so trying to brush up on that...
Reply 9
I did my grade 5 back in November and passed that but I had to teach myself because I only did music tech at A Level which I kind of regret. But still I'm more than happy to play. I guess we'll be the first this year to see what it's like!
Reply 10
I've got mine on Wednesday, apparently we have to do a standard music test?! Anybody who can tell me what that involves??
Cheers
Reply 11
Original post by jackbowden
I've got mine on Wednesday, apparently we have to do a standard music test?! Anybody who can tell me what that involves??
Cheers

I found this page really useful:

http://iosr.surrey.ac.uk/tonmeister/faqs.phphttp://iosr.surrey.ac.uk/tonmeister/faqs.php

"The test will last about 30 minutes and will help us to evaluate:

your ability to notate music: notate a 4-bar melody which will be played to you (first bar already notated for you);
your repertoire and analysis skills: comment on three short extracts of recorded western music in terms of style, period, instrumentation, compositional techniques, etc.; and
your harmony skills: either harmonise a short melody, identify harmonic features in a short score extract or realise a chord progression in standard notation."

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 12
How did your interviews go?

+Do you have to do any kind of music test if you have grade 5 theory, grade 7 practical and music tech, but not music?
Reply 13
I have an interview for this year, those of you who got in, what kind of things do they ask in the music tech test? I didnt do music tech at school/college so my knowledge is only based around practical experience i have!

Quick Reply

Latest