The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

The amount of work done in schools, colleges and universities in the UK is abysmal compared to Russia.

Wars nowadays are pointless compared to the World Wars.

Slumdog Millionaire is the worst movie I have ever seen.
Original post by ShannonOliver
Football is crap and I don't see why people like it so much.
When a football team wins YOU did not get through YOU did not win THEY did

football is nothing without the fans
Original post by nohomo
He's a ****. You're right that your opinion is unpopular :tongue:

Haha I know :colone:
Original post by Kruz
This is blasphemy of the highest order. Football is the greatest sport in the world females won't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why it's an UNPOPULAR opinion, but seriously you didn't win they did.
Original post by bluester
football is nothing without the fans

Maybe, but you are the fans you did not play in the match they did therefore you did not win they did.
Reply 825
I can't stand slang words e.g YOLO and when someone says 'it's sick' this makes me think of puke - not preferable.

I am a very deterministic person and believe that nobody is technically responsible for their actions as they were environmentally determined etc etc. .. although I do also hold the view that within this there are emotions that need to be considered. I don't know if this is a coherent argument. Basically I take the stance of John Locke that we are determined 9/10.

(It is strange as people often disagree with my opinions but these are the only ones coming to mind- will be back to this thread when I remember)
Original post by 3LostContinents
Soldiers should not get special treatment.
In this country joining the army is not compulsory, so they should be fully aware of the tragic things their job entails.
There is no glory in killing other human beings, so I don't think soldiers should be praised for "protecting the country".

I'll go hide in a corner and wait for death threats now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. If they do go out of their way to do something, then yes, they should be praised. But they shouldn't be priased just for being a soldier.
Original post by Polkadot2
I can't stand slang words e.g YOLO and when someone says 'it's sick' this makes me think of puke - not preferable.

You've inspired me to give some more unpopular opinions...

Selfie, YOLO, sick, amazeballs, ahmaaaah GAWD, like like like like ya know, soooooooooooooooooooooo cute, that's AAMAAAAHZZZIIIIING

etc

Are all words/phrases that anybody using should be shot on sight as they are clearly not of an intellectual calibre to pose any real benefit to society. Same goes for anyone who likes Justin Bieber or that utterly annoying Swedish Youtube "sensation" PewDiePie.

People who post Bitstrips non-stop on Facebook or update their status every day with inane **** like "Just sneezed", "Just walked the dog", "Just had a shower" and/or post pictures of every single meal they have also need to be removed from existence.

Pugs are not cute, they are ****ing ugly and having one makes you look like a hipster. Which brings me on to...

Owning an Apple product or using an iPhone if you're under 50 or over 10 makes you an un-intelligent sheep and I sneer at you. Same goes for if you believe in a God.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 828
Original post by Lord_Viral
You've inspired me to give some more unpopular opinions...

Selfie, YOLO, sick, amazeballs, ahmaaaah GAWD, like like like like ya know, soooooooooooooooooooooo cute, that's AAMAAAAHZZZIIIIING

etc

Are all words/phrases that anybody using should be shot on sight as they are clearly not of an intellectual calibre to pose any real benefit to society. Same goes for anyone who likes Justin Bieber or that utterly annoying Swedish Youtube "sensation" PewDiePie.

People who post Bitstrips non-stop on Facebook or update their status every day with inane **** like "Just sneezed", "Just walked the dog", "Just had a shower" and/or post pictures of every single meal they have also need to be removed from existence.

Pugs are not cute, they are ****ing ugly and having one makes you look like a hipster. Which brings me on to...

Owning an Apple product or using an iPhone if you're under 50 or over 10 makes you an un-intelligent sheep and I sneer at you. Same goes for if you believe in a God.

Thankyou for the amusement- it actually made me smile that you would bother putting those posts to annoy me aha ! (no sarcasm)

I agree with what else you say apart from the apple products aha ! YOU'RE saying it is acceptable for an under 10 year old to have an apple product but not the people it is designed for buisness men/women !

also why say under 50 and over 10 - doesn't make more sense to say between 10-50.
Rape can be prevented by thinking smart, there's a grey area when it comes to rape.
Original post by IntriguedUser
Rape can be prevented by thinking smart, there's a grey area when it comes to rape.

I have to say, there is a grey area, especially when it comes to drunken sex/rape. If the guy was as drunk as the girl, then how can the man be accused of rape?
Original post by andrew2209
I have to say, there is a grey area, especially when it comes to drunken sex/rape. If the guy was as drunk as the girl, then how can the man be accused of rape?

The problem with my opinion is woman..

They seem to think by having my opinion I'm condoning it, I'm just saying that dressing provocatively is likely to attract unwanted attention, fact!

Lots of grey
I don't get this obsession with Zoey Deschannel. Really don't.
Reply 833
"Education" is a indoctrination system that teaches children not to think and accept everything that is given to them without any further questioning.
i told someone when they said SWAG it meant secretly we are gay

she has stopped saying it now :biggrin:

EDIT: thanks to whoever gave me a +rep :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ahotaru
"Education" is a indoctrination system that teaches children not to think and accept everything that is given to them without any further questioning.

Would have repped this if I wasn't out.
I think Britain takes an embarrassingly low number of refugees, I strongly believe politicians use them as a scapegoat so the lower class are so busy arguing whose fault our bad economy is, the real culprits get away with it.

I'm so far Left, I'm coming back round again :smile:

I think arts and social science is at least just as important as other subjects.
Mango is the worst tasting fruit.
Topman is like a **** paradice.
The only remotely likable character in Breaking Bad is Saul and, due to my extreme ambivalence towards the other characters, I still haven't finished the series despite 3 deliberate efforts to plow through it because I really don't care what happens to anyone.

In contrast with The Sopranos, which also didn't have an overabundance of really likeable characters, the brilliant writing and tremendous story arcs kept me hooked till the very end.

Quick Reply

Latest