The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by Cephalosporin
Nope, last day is apparently the 26th! At this point, I am just going to assume I've been rejected until proven otherwise. (If my optimism was a 10 back in October, it's now down to a 0.1 :P)

Cepha, I'm sure you'll get one mate. With your stats you have to! :biggrin:
Reply 2121
Judging on the updates these days, we can still expect invitations for the last date of interviews. Fingers crossed!
Do we get the article in the interview to refer to? or do we have to basically talk about it from memory?? And also, how do you think they'll ask about the article? do you think it'll be like 'tell me your thoughts' or more specific questions like 'what are the implications of this on the patient's family?'
Original post by alicia2908
Do we get the article in the interview to refer to? or do we have to basically talk about it from memory?? And also, how do you think they'll ask about the article? do you think it'll be like 'tell me your thoughts' or more specific questions like 'what are the implications of this on the patient's family?'

The best thing to do would be to read the advice Barts have sent you with your email. :smile:
Original post by XingBairong
Well, how did other 3 interviews go?

I had two interviews.... and I don't know, I felt like one definitely went as disastrous as disasters can go (this is Dundee). With Glasgow, I thought it went quite well but the the more I reflect on some of the idiotic things I've said, the more I want to set my hair on fire. XP How are the rest of your applications going? :smile: Massive congratulations on getting an invitation from Barts!!!

Original post by PG593
Cepha, I'm sure you'll get one mate. With your stats you have to! :biggrin:

Oh PG, I don't know. Fingers crossed but I think I'll be okay if I don't get one. :smile: Methinks 3/4 interview invites is good enough. If I really blow at interviews, which I am beginning to think I am, having one extra wouldn't make too much of a massive difference! I'll update you if I hear anything.
Original post by ocelot92
So you have 420 UCAS tariff, and 690 UKCAT?

Yeah I asked and they said that the majority of interview have been given out, but they said they are now interviewing people with total score below 1200 as there are not many applicants with 1200+. Good luck!!!! :smile:

Yeah, I was pleasantly suprised to get an interview, so I think they much look at non-acedemic too. Thanks ,you too :smile:
Reply 2126
Original post by tillylowkis
Yeah, I was pleasantly suprised to get an interview, so I think they much look at non-acedemic too. Thanks ,you too :smile:

Congrats mate, were you part of their equality scheme? They reserve it for certain individuals who can't compete on the 460+ tariff points due to institutions policies or special circumstances.
Reply 2127
Soo surprised I got an interview with them! My ucas tariff is only 420 compared to the hundreds others usually have. I've got 3 weeks to prepare, any tips anyone?
Original post by MS Miz
Soo surprised I got an interview with them! My ucas tariff is only 420 compared to the hundreds others usually have. I've got 3 weeks to prepare, any tips anyone?

Just be yourself :smile:
Lovely people of tsr ... Interview in a week and a couple of days ( what did i do to deserve this lol )
People who have had interview any tips (like u wish someone told u kind of a thing) and any general tips ?
What am I suppose to do about this article ... Apart from a bit of back ground reading ...
Do the students ask stuff ???
Also any general morale boosting tips will be welcome ....
When do they give out offers/ rejections ????
Finally need all u lots good wishes .... I only have this left ( 5 year programme )..... Advice is welcome and appreciated .....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2130
Original post by hello101
Lovely people of tsr ... Interview in a week and a couple of days ( what did i do to deserve this lol )
People who have had interview any tips (like u wish someone told u kind of a thing) and any general tips ?
What am I suppose to do about this article ... Apart from a bit of back ground reading ...
Finally need all u lots good wishes .... I only have this left ( 5 year programme )..... Advice is welcome and appreciated .....

Posted from TSR Mobile

The student with mine didn't ask anything

Offers are out late march
Original post by hello101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just be yourself :smile: Info regarding the article was sent with your email. Good luck :smile:
Original post by blah_blah2345
Just be yourself :smile: Info regarding the article was sent with your email. Good luck :smile:

Thanks ... I worry they mite not like myself in my true form ..... Lol lol lol ....thanks ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladams
The student with mine didn't ask anything

Offers are out late march

ah Kool thank u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MS Miz

Hey, congrats! My tariff is similar - 430. Are you not part of the widening access scheme, then? :smile:
Reply 2135
For anyone who's still waiting like me I just rang Barts up and they said that they still have interviews for the 24th 25th and 26th to give out and that they should reply to us by the end of this week.
Original post by PG593
Congrats mate, were you part of their equality scheme? They reserve it for certain individuals who can't compete on the 460+ tariff points due to institutions policies or special circumstances.

Reply 2137
Original post by tillylowkis

Hmm that is odd, I was under the impression from the website everyone needed 460 UCAS tariffs or more unless you were on the scheme. Anyways I guess they must've really liked you then (PS, Reference etc.) good luck! :wink:
Reply 2138
Any one here who had their interview already? isn't this wait EXCRUCIATINGLY PAINFUL ?!
had my interview on the 21st Jan (i believe it was the first batch) to anyone who has theirs coming up then honestly do not worry!! they are SO friendly over at barts. all the best to you all!!!
Reply 2139
Cheers! Do you know if by the end of this week they meant tomorrow at the latest or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending