The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surfmonkey
Just saw the reply :smile:

hi congrats on the replies!!
anyone gotten a conditional with 2.1?
and what are your profiles ie GMAT scores etc?
i have yet to apply :frown:

grats!!
Reply 241
Original post by Kokes
Congratulations!! And money too!:smile: Good for you.

Thank you all! This thread was really helpful.
I'm not sure I'm accepting the offer yet, waiting on a few other schools and scholarship offers but maybe I will see you there in the fall. :-)
Original post by robertpatty
hi congrats on the replies!!
anyone gotten a conditional with 2.1?
and what are your profiles ie GMAT scores etc?
i have yet to apply :frown:

grats!!

pm'd you
Original post by surfmonkey
pm'd you

congrats! you deserved it too, your profile is stellar :smile:
Reply 244
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any insight on how conditional and unconditional offers work? I have a conditional from the LSE and unconditional from UCL. If I decline UCL but don't meet the conditional offer, I guess that's that? Anyone have any advice?
Reply 245
Congrats to all of you. Could anyone who has received an offer for Msc accounting and finance please share their profile?Grades, GMAT etc. I'm still waiting for a reply
Reply 246
Have anyone been able to log into the tracker today? :s-smilie:

It is working again now :smile:...but still no news yet :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 247
Original post by alchyna
Finally I got the email! Unconditional offer in Development Management and they actually are giving me money! I'm so happy and relieved!

wow congratulations!! i still have not heard from them and i received my 4th email end of november. btw did you try calling them to enquire about your application status?
Original post by casusa
Have anyone been able to log into the tracker today? :s-smilie:

It is working again now :smile:...but still no news yet :s-smilie:

FYI: Check the tracker on Quantnet https://www.quantnet.com/tracker/

It took 56 days for a student to get the decision.
Reply 249
Original post by Fint_Math_DK
FYI: Check the tracker on Quantnet https://www.quantnet.com/tracker/

It took 56 days for a student to get the decision.

I think we may hear something before March, I heard that was the case last year for the ones applying in January. What is your background? Do you already have MSc, PhD or more than 1 year work experience? I think that is the case for most of the ones reciving offers, at least last year. :s-smilie:
Original post by casusa
I think we may hear something before March, I heard that was the case last year for the ones applying in January. What is your background? Do you already have MSc, PhD or more than 1 year work experience? I think that is the case for most of the ones reciving offers, at least last year. :s-smilie:

I will get a BSc in Mathematics this summer and I have 2 relevant internships + I was a TA in two undergrad probability courses. Morever, I have a rigorous background in measure theory which LSE and Imperial find very important.
Reply 251
Original post by alchyna
Finally I got the email! Unconditional offer in Development Management and they actually are giving me money! I'm so happy and relieved!

Hi, I'm also applying for development management. Would you mind telling me what scholarship/bursary you applied for or how you went about receiving money from the school? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 252
I will get a BSc in Mathematics this summer and I have 2 relevant internships + I was a TA in two undergrad probability courses. Morever, I have a rigorous background in measure theory which LSE and Imperial find very important.

Looks good! :smile: Are you from Denmark? I just posted on the link you sent me. Thanks for posting it, I am happy to see that you can get offers without MSc, Phd or many years work experience :smile:
Original post by casusa
Looks good! :smile: Are you from Denmark? I just posted on the link you sent me. Thanks for posting it, I am happy to see that you can get offers without MSc, Phd or many years work experience :smile:

I'm from Denmark. I saw that you wrote about an internship in the biggest banks in the largest nordic bank, I presume it is Nordea? Are you applying for an internship this year?
Reply 254
I'm from Denmark. I saw that you wrote about an internship in the biggest banks in the largest nordic bank, I presume it is Nordea? Are you applying for an internship this year?

Yes, Nordea Markets in Oslo, in FCC Risk Advisory. I have a student contract now, I can work as much as I want, but min 50%. It is perfect for me, I am also studying econometrics now since I didn't study it as part of my BSc. I got a new internship for the summer, in IB, Arctic in Oslo. Did you work for Danske Bank? Where are you going to work this summer?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 255
Original post by KenNguyen
I really hope so too . Good luck.x:smile:

FYI: https://www.quantnet.com/tracker/

Good luck to you too! :smile: Would you mind sharing your profile? I posted my profle on the Quantnet earlier today.
Reply 256
Original post by alchyna
Thank you all! This thread was really helpful.
I'm not sure I'm accepting the offer yet, waiting on a few other schools and scholarship offers but maybe I will see you there in the fall. :-)

Where else did you apply to? I have also got offers from UCL and Kings but I think I'm going to accept the LSE offer. The course just feels like the right fit for me and I went to Kings for my undergraduate degree so feel I should try somewhere new.
Reply 257
Original post by Kokes
Where else did you apply to? I have also got offers from UCL and Kings but I think I'm going to accept the LSE offer. The course just feels like the right fit for me and I went to Kings for my undergraduate degree so feel I should try somewhere new.

I applied to UCL, SOAS, Sciences Po (got into all 3) and I'm waiting on word from the last one the Graduate Institute in Geneva, my personal preference. As of now I am torn between Development Management at LSE and Development Practice at Sciences Po. I think the Sciences Po program is better thought out but LSE's reputation is undeniable. I'm so confused!
Reply 258
Original post by alchyna
I applied to UCL, SOAS, Sciences Po (got into all 3) and I'm waiting on word from the last one the Graduate Institute in Geneva, my personal preference. As of now I am torn between Development Management at LSE and Development Practice at Sciences Po. I think the Sciences Po program is better thought out but LSE's reputation is undeniable. I'm so confused!

Wow, that's a tough decision to make! Good luck with the Graduate Institute in Geneva and let me know if you do decide to accept the LSE offer so I can look out for you later this year!
Reply 259
Original post by Kokes
Wow, that's a tough decision to make! Good luck with the Graduate Institute in Geneva and let me know if you do decide to accept the LSE offer so I can look out for you later this year!

Great I definitely will message you if I accept the offer it will great to know at least one person in the program already!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending