The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdmiralPanda

I've spent 4 UCAS choices on LSE because I didn't plan on going to the UK at all if it wasn't for LSE.

That's some dedication right there. Congratulations on the offer. Where did you plan going if not the UK?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
My 4 weeks are over today and it's LSE Rejection Friday, I believe it's about time I leave the thread. Good luck everyone.
Original post by Blackfyre
My 4 weeks are over today and it's LSE Rejection Friday, I believe it's about time I leave the thread. Good luck everyone.

You've been here a while, don't lose hope now! Loads of people don't hear back the day their 4-weeks are over - I certainly didn't and I received an offer. My fingers are crossed for you.
Reply 5463
I've just received my offer for BSc Economics!

I've applied on the 13th of December as an International Student.My timeline for my application has been:

Dec 13th, 2013 - Application
Jan 17th, 2014 - Application is further to be considered further (7 weeks email)
Jan 31st, 2014 - Rejected by Econs and Social Policy
Feb 14th, 2014 - Rejected by Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Feb 20th, 2014 - Offered by Economics
??? - Waiting for Government and Economics

I've applied using my IB scores and I've been predicted a 43/45 (HL Math 7, Econs 6, English B 7, SL Physics 7, Computer Science 6, Korean A Lit 7, B for Econs EE and B for TOK adding 2 points).

I've spent 4 UCAS choices on LSE because I didn't plan on going to the UK at all if it wasn't for LSE. I thought it would be a good idea to show my dedication towards LSE using 4 choices despite my personal statement having absolutely no mention of social policy nor government. I wish my details can help out towards other applicants, and wish the best of luck to you guys waiting!

Hey, congratulations on your offer! If you dont mind can you tell me the reason the Social Policy dept gave you for the rejection? And its pretty impressive how you got the offer for the most competitive course albeit using all your choices on LSE (what is usually advised against).
Reply 5464
Do LSE give out only rejection on fridays or do they also give out offers?
Reply 5465
Original post by rohan11
Do LSE give out only rejection on fridays or do they also give out offers?

Lately it's only been rejections on fridays, but it is possible that they can also give out offers.
Original post by orangejuice.
You've been here a while, don't lose hope now! Loads of people don't hear back the day their 4-weeks are over - I certainly didn't and I received an offer. My fingers are crossed for you.

Thank you, I'll drink some orange juice in your honour.
Original post by Blackfyre
Thank you, I'll drink some orange juice in your honour.

Freshly squeezed and with pulp, I hope?
Reply 5468
I've just received my offer for BSc Economics!

I've applied on the 13th of December as an International Student.My timeline for my application has been:

Dec 13th, 2013 - Application
Jan 17th, 2014 - Application is further to be considered further (7 weeks email)
Jan 31st, 2014 - Rejected by Econs and Social Policy
Feb 14th, 2014 - Rejected by Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
Feb 20th, 2014 - Offered by Economics
??? - Waiting for Government and Economics

I've applied using my IB scores and I've been predicted a 43/45 (HL Math 7, Econs 6, English B 7, SL Physics 7, Computer Science 6, Korean A Lit 7, B for Econs EE and B for TOK adding 2 points).

I've spent 4 UCAS choices on LSE because I didn't plan on going to the UK at all if it wasn't for LSE. I thought it would be a good idea to show my dedication towards LSE using 4 choices despite my personal statement having absolutely no mention of social policy nor government. I wish my details can help out towards other applicants, and wish the best of luck to you guys waiting!

you got an offer for economics, which is the best. You will probably get rejected for gov. and economics because they usually give offers for just one course. But it is not absolutely impossible to still get an offer for that.
Congratulations on your offer!
Original post by NedStark
That's some dedication right there. Congratulations on the offer. Where did you plan going if not the UK?

Honestly, I don't know how reckless I was when I came to my university applications. I've applied for Hong Kong University as a safety and was thinking of applying to the National University of Singapore if I got rejected for all my LSE applications. Even my safety choices were quite a gamble and I could have ended up with no offers whatsoever at all. However, I think it was possible because I had my extreme last resort in that I could apply to Korean universities (which start receiving applications from August 2014) if I didn't get into any of my previous choices. I feel I could have been punished for such a gamble, but turned out lucky. Wish you the best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by Arian93
Hey, congratulations on your offer! If you dont mind can you tell me the reason the Social Policy dept gave you for the rejection? And its pretty impressive how you got the offer for the most competitive course albeit using all your choices on LSE (what is usually advised against).

Rejection for Social Policy:
The feedback we have received from the Admissions Selector indicates that your application was unsuccessful as you have not fully justified your interest in the BSc in Social Policy and Economics programme. Applicants for the combined honours programmes are expected to address all aspects of the course in their personal statement and the Admissions Selector felt that you did not demonstrate sufficient interest in both subjects in your personal statement.

Rejection for Econometrics and Mathematical Economics:
Whilst your personal statement is good, there were stronger personal statements received from other similar applicants for your programme. Applicants are expected to provide convincing reasons for their course choice and evidence of appropriate preparation for their degree studies, as well as demonstrating significant interest in the programme offered at LSE. In your case, the academic department felt that your personal statement was not as sufficiently compelling when compared to the Personal Statements received from other similar applicants.

I really thought that the LSE admission offices were on point with the reasoning because first, I didn't mention a single thing about social policy in my personal statement and second, I didn't think I was competitive enough to be admitted to a course that selected 7 students in 2012. Although I felt sad, the reasons behind the rejections were perfectly acceptable and I feel happy that I was reviewed fairly and justly.

What my academic adviser said to me is that despite the fact that it isnt advised to use 4 choices on a single uni, the case with LSE is that in the past few years they lost so many top applicants to Oxbridge and that they will be looking for personal statements and applications that are LSE-centric in order to prevent the 'brain-drain'. I thought that using 4 choices on the LSE pretty much showed that I am 100% dedicated towards applying for LSE and the admissions office would treat it as a special case. Although it was a risky act, I guess it has paid off.
Original post by arminb
you got an offer for economics, which is the best. You will probably get rejected for gov. and economics because they usually give offers for just one course. But it is not absolutely impossible to still get an offer for that.
Congratulations on your offer!

Thank you so much! I'm really excited to go to the university of my dreams as well as the university of my econs teacher's dreams :smile: I really thank my econs teacher for (assuming to have written) the best recommendation letter possible and unlimited assistance in my application process.
Reply 5472
I don't like the lack of decisions today... It gives me a bad feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5473
Original post by Marhju
I don't like the lack of decisions today... It gives me a bad feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

same here man so scared now
Original post by orangejuice.
Freshly squeezed and with pulp, I hope?

The whole package with a few drops of virgin blood.
Reply 5475
Today is the last day of my 7+2 weeks cycle. And I just received the 4weeks email. Good Luck everyone! Hang in there!
Reply 5476
Got a email saying "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."
on Feb 07. Applying for Management. Hope I get an offer soon.......

Original post by F.Tam
Today is the last day of my 7+2 weeks cycle. And I just received the 4weeks email. Good Luck everyone! Hang in there!

hi, may I ask what course you area studying, when you applied, when you received the emails, what the 4 week email says and your GCSE/AS/A2 predicted grades etc.
Reply 5478
Original post by CJY172
Got a email saying "I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle."
on Feb 07. Applying for Management. Hope I get an offer soon.......

same for me~~ on the same date with the same course :smile:
has anyone heard for economic history

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending