The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by ak395
I was so nervous at the beginning i walked in and sat in the interviewer's chair! Next to the other interviewer :O i got the arab/asian guy and the african guy and they were both soo nice. I accidentally interrupted the interviewer a few times because i got so excited. Would this count against me? I'm a bit worried now.

Haha as soon as I saw this I know who you were! I'm the Chinese girl from today :biggrin:
Reply 2421
Original post by Legit
Irrelevant. Depends on your group, I know one group was lagging behind but doesn't mean much. Whether your interview was 15 or 35 minutes long, its all the same so don't worry. We had an interview for around 30 minutes today, who did miserably, extremely, 'add any bad word' badly.

Are you the guy that sat in with the black and arab/asian man on the first batch of interviews? (21st jan)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2422
Original post by Tuni530
Are you the guy that sat in with the black and arab/asian man on the first batch of interviews? (21st jan)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but that Black guy and the Arab/Asian man that everyone keeps referring to are two of the most 'kindest scorers' :wink:
Original post by Legit
No but that Black guy and the Arab/Asian man that everyone keeps referring to are two of the most 'kindest scorers' :wink:

Do you know if the interviewers who don't smile at all from the start to finish do this on purpose to test your resilience or something?
I guess I would have saw some of you guys today :p:

At least I know TSR came up at some point in conversation today :p:
Reply 2425
Original post by Legit

Which group do you reckon had the harshest scorers?
Reply 2426
Original post by XingBairong
Do you know if the interviewers who don't smile at all from the start to finish do this on purpose to test your resilience or something?

There probably just tired to be honest. Makes no difference at all - do all the candidates in the interview room smile? Not really.. some do some don't - just humans after all!
Reply 2427
Original post by IIS~
Which group do you reckon had the harshest scorers?

I don't keep tabs! Im just saying generally, there ALL fair.
Reply 2428
Original post by aliuk
Haha as soon as I saw this I know who you were! I'm the Chinese girl from today :biggrin:

Nope thats not me :P
Oops i thought you said i was the chinese girl! Haha yes you know who i am :wink: nice meeting you today
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2429
I got a deferred offer from last yr cycle. International student. Just wondering whether yr can put a timeline on around when the forms for visa/criminal/health will be sent since my friends from other unis eg Oxbridge have received theirs alrdy. A little concerned
Reply 2430
Is there anyone on here who had their interview on the 25th ?1 55 ? I was the tall Guy with the red tie :L ! Good luck to everyone !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2431
Original post by Enjoy Life
So did anyone else have two middle aged black guys, who enjoyed laughing at you after every answer, and interrupting every time you tried to make a point?

I was in group F on Monday if that helps.

I was group F on Monday too and I experienced the same thing as you :frown: it was so off putting, couldn't even answer properly
Original post by Bibzilla
I was group F on Monday too and I experienced the same thing as you :frown: it was so off putting, couldn't even answer properly

I was F on Monday too but they seemed to let me finish what I was saying, they seemed quite nice? Perhaps it is just to try and test different peoples' strengths and weaknesses based on their references?
Reply 2433
Just curious..anyone had the Indian man, white lady and the 4th year med student?
Original post by Rosine
Just curious..anyone had the Indian man, white lady and the 4th year med student?

I did on the 17th :smile: They were really nice, Barts has to be the friendliest Med school out there I really really really liked it, just hope I get an offer now! how did your interview go?
Reply 2435
Original post by Arabian_doc
I did on the 17th :smile: They were really nice, Barts has to be the friendliest Med school out there I really really really liked it, just hope I get an offer now! how did your interview go?

yeah.. the Indian guy was REALLY nice! I just really like Barts and being able to see how nice everyone is was just great. In terms of my interview, I had trouble answering a few questions about the article and so I am worried about how that'll be considered. I'm literally just hoping for the best because I want it so much! how about you? :smile:
Reply 2436
So I found the sheet that they use to score our interview:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/105713/response/263181/attach/3/A100%20Scoring%20Sheet.pdf

Hopefully I score 4/5 on each section, though I'm worried my communication skills section might be marked down slightly as I said some strange things during my interview, stating that a study showed that the rate of organ donation increases with the rate of mortality due to car crashes for example. I'm quite hopeful though other than one question everything seemed very straightforward and nice.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Doodle00

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/105713/response/263181/attach/3/A100%20Scoring%20Sheet.pdf

Hopefully I score 4/5 on each section, though I'm worried my communication skills section might be marked down slightly as I said some strange things during my interview, stating that a study showed that the rate of organ donation increases with the rate of mortality due to car crashes for example. I'm quite hopeful though other than one question everything seemed very straightforward and nice.

That was not the sheet they had in front of me at the interview. it was much more detailed and was a tick box kind of sheet? Any one else see a similar sheet??
I heard the ethical article discussion attributes most of the marks for the interview, which doesn't seem to correlate with the sheet. Also, the sheet seems to contain things attainable from your PS, e.g. work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2439
Original post by Doodle00

Yes i saw that sheet on the table. Eeek

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending