The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OssyTheDog
That might be right. As long as it's relevant, I don't think there is anything wrong with going a bit of tracks considering the circumstances, as you mention.

I'm an international applicant (from Norway). What about you?

Technically mature, but I'll only be 23 when I start.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by StretfordEnd
Technically mature, but I'll only be 23 when I start.

Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 5642
Sorry for the rant but please let me express my disappointment with my rejection from King's for law received this morning.

As soon as I had my LSE offer some time ago I knew it was definitely going to be either LSE or UCL (provided that I get one there too) but I still wanted to put King's as my insurance. And of course: who likes the feeling of rejection? Just goes to show how fcuking important the LNAT is at schools like King's than the personal statement is.

I was in shock when I checked my track this morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fgfgfg
Sorry for the rant but please let me express my disappointment with my rejection from King's for law received this morning.

As soon as I had my LSE offer some time ago I knew it was definitely going to be either LSE or UCL (provided that I get one there too) but I still wanted to put King's as my insurance. And of course: who likes the feeling of rejection? Just goes to show how fcuking important the LNAT is at schools like King's than the personal statement is.

What was your LNAT score?
Original post by fgfgfg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear about your rejection at King's but congrats on your offer at LSE
Your post is actually giving me hope since I got rejected from Durham a week ago (which was supposed to be my insurance) and ultimately assumed that if Durham rejected me there was no way that LSE would give me an offer
May I ask you, did you apply for the same degree at both king's and LSE?
Reply 5645
can I also go on a rant and share the letter that O****d university sent me?
Reply 5646
What do you think guys, can we expect some decisions tomorrow? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys if I just received my ALevel results do I have to update it on Ucas? If not how would lse know our results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OssyTheDog
Have you applied anywhere else?

Nowhere as 'prestigious' as the LSE it must be said; I wanted:

- A RG Uni
- In a big city
- With a course that looked interesting

On that basis Oxbridge, Warwick and Durham didn't really interest me being in smaller places and none of the London unis other than LSE had courses which I really liked the look of in terms of the modules available.

If (I so hope I do!) get the offer from LSE, I'm torn between them at Leeds: I think the course there is a little bit more interesting and provides far wider options in terms of elective modules; but the quality and frequency of the guest speakers and events at LSE is just as important in terms of what I want out of uni!

How about you?
Reply 5649
So this friday is their due to get back to me... Should I expect getting a decisions from Geography department or its gonna be delay letter?
Original post by StretfordEnd
Nowhere as 'prestigious' as the LSE it must be said; I wanted:

- A RG Uni
- In a big city
- With a course that looked interesting

On that basis Oxbridge, Warwick and Durham didn't really interest me being in smaller places and none of the London unis other than LSE had courses which I really liked the look of in terms of the modules available.

If (I so hope I do!) get the offer from LSE, I'm torn between them at Leeds: I think the course there is a little bit more interesting and provides far wider options in terms of elective modules; but the quality and frequency of the guest speakers and events at LSE is just as important in terms of what I want out of uni!

How about you?

Ah, I see. I'm hoping for the best for you!

I kind of wouldn't mind a smaller city, and I like the four-year courses in Scotland, so I applied to St. Andrews and Edinburgh (and I have an offer from the former), and I applied to UCL, LSE and Durham (and I just got rejected from Durham... don't think I mind that, although it would have been fun to get an offer).

I'm pretty certain that my favorites (mostly based on course content) are LSE and St. Andrews, since they seem to teach mostly analytic philosophy (it's a vague and perhaps only historical distinction between continental and analytic philosophy, but I still like using the terms). So if I get an offer from LSE I'll probably have a hard time choosing between it and St. Andrews (almost for the same reasons as you are torn between LSE and Leeds).
Original post by eloo
What do you think guys, can we expect some decisions tomorrow? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES (please). :smile: They're supposed to get back to me by this Friday, but I hope it happens today. Otherwise i'm fine waiting until next Thursday. :redface:
Reply 5652
Does anyone heard from LSE today?
Reply 5653
Not yet, however I wish I would hear from them today :smile: (but only in case when today is the day of offers giveaway :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5654
Original post by sase
Does anyone heard from LSE today?

It doesn't seem like anyone has heard back yet. I'm really hoping I get a reply today though, since my 7 weeks were over in early January and I never received any delay email.
Reply 5655
Today marks the near end of my 7 week period. A few minutes back I received an email from the LSE admissions asking me to submit the fee status classification form so that they can process my app further. Does this mean I have technically been selected???
Original post by Doc5
Today marks the near end of my 7 week period. A few minutes back I received an email from the LSE admissions asking me to submit the fee status classification form so that they can process my app further. Does this mean I have technically been selected???

While this does sound like potentially good news, bear in mind that LSE has relatively strict quotas that it has to follow and asking about your fee status does not necessarily indicate an impending offer.

Best,

QuestionsQ
Reply 5657
Is it a good idea to send email to LSE that informs them they have been delaying my decision for over 3 weeks?
Reply 5658
Just got rejected for economics, econometrics with mathematical economics. Good Luck everyone!
Original post by F.Tam
Just got rejected for economics, econometrics with mathematical economics. Good Luck everyone!

Just got rejected for Law too. :frown: Due to personal statement. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending