The Student Room Group

Help! - a level choices

i am hoping to do a degree in law.

the subjects I'm certain on doing at a level are history, english literature and spanish, however i need to pick a fourth and can't decide between the following:

maths
religious studies
psychology

any advice, and anyone doing any of the subjects that can offer their opinions on the subject?

thankyou!
Original post by ellawhite4686
i am hoping to do a degree in law.

the subjects I'm certain on doing at a level are history, english literature and spanish, however i need to pick a fourth and can't decide between the following:

maths
religious studies
psychology

any advice, and anyone doing any of the subjects that can offer their opinions on the subject?

thankyou!

Either RS or Psychology.

I take Psychology and we evaluate things a lot, so it would be good for analytical skills :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by bubble999
Either RS or Psychology.

I take Psychology and we evaluate things a lot, so it would be good for analytical skills :yep:

thank you, what exam board is your psychology on? :smile:
thank you, what exam board is your psychology on? :smile:

Edexcel, why? :smile:
Reply 4
Edexcel, why? :smile:

my school does AQA and was just wondering if it was the same, as id ask how you find it. but how do you find psychology, even though its not the same exam board?
my school does AQA and was just wondering if it was the same, as id ask how you find it. but how do you find psychology, even though its not the same exam board?

There is a lot to learn, I won't lie - but it has given me a great insight to the way we think, our society and studies etc. I really enjoy it :smile:
Reply 6
Maths will be a hell of a lot less work than the other two but one of the others would fit in better with the subjects you have already decided to take.
Reply 7
There is a lot to learn, I won't lie - but it has given me a great insight to the way we think, our society and studies etc. I really enjoy it :smile:

thank you:smile:
Reply 8
Religious studies hands down. You're analysing stuff in history and it's generally a well respected subject in things like law; not sure about psychology
Maths is also solid for any sort of degree
Reply 9
maths is wonderful for any career- but take with caution
perhaps psychology but I would actually advise you to take english language
Original post by alow
Maths will be a hell of a lot less work than the other two but one of the others would fit in better with the subjects you have already decided to take.

thank you for your advice.
Original post by PhRose
maths is wonderful for any career- but take with caution
perhaps psychology but I would actually advise you to take english language

Yeah, English language would be brilliant. I take it and we do language and power which is really useful :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest