The Student Room Group

Women/Girls and Sexuality Labels

Please can I just make a starting note that I did a thread like this in late 2013 and I got a lot of -rep:mad: I don't post interesting or controversial threads to offend anyone or gather hate. I do it purely for us all to share opinions and experiences. As you can tell by the amount of red blocks of bad rep I have I would love to turn that around so if you're glad I made this thread, enjoyed reading it, agree with it or even feel my pain; whatever the reason is then positive +rep's would be fab!

First of all - labels suck (period)

Some women have no sexual or physical attraction towards men, some women have no sexual or physical attraction towards women. That's OK.

But lots of women/girls are playing for both teams, consciously and subconsciously.

-
"I'm Anna Paquin. I'm bisexual and I give a damn."
- Anna Paquin

"Love has no gender.""Sexuality is fluidity."
"I think people are born bisexual and make subconciois choices based on the pressures of society. I have no question in my mind about being bisexual."
- Megan Fox

When Barbra Walters asked her if she was bisexual, Jolie responded, "Of course. If I fell in love with a woman tomorrow, would I feel that it's okay to want to kiss and touch her? If I fell in love with her? Absolutely! Yes!
- Angelina Jolie

-

Did you even know..On a recent survey carried out by Marie Claire 55% of women admitted they'd sleep with another women if no-one found out.
Aprox. 45% of women in an unknown survey (found this on the internet, could be BS) didn't know they were bisexual until they had sex with another woman.
On another recent survey conducted by 'Centers for Disease Control and Prevention' it was revealed that 6.9 American women said they'd had sex with another woman.
-

Feminine or very attractive girls, who like feminine girls, are often told they are liars. Hmm. Utterly inaccurate. They just have a type. Get over the fact that sexy women like sexy women. A girls love is so powerful and passionate. It's OK for sexy females to want to love, appreciate, have sex with and dream about other sexy females.

-

Women are soft to touch and kiss, have smooth legs, long hair, beautiful eyes.. many people can connect deeply with women more than they can with men.. women are passionate.. women are sexy. That's where the attraction lies.

-

Bisexual women aren't 'faking it til they make it'. Waiting for a woman to come along that they want to devote the rest of their life and then come out as lesbian or if that fails then just going for the straight scene. They are attracted to both sexes.

-

You love your mum, right? You love your dad, right? You love your brother, sister, aunty, uncle, best friend, right? Sure, that's a different kind of love but you still have the ability to love both sexes.

So why can't you be sexually attracted to both sexes? What happens if you went up to this day of being straight because you only ever found yourself attracted to men and then met a girl who you were head-over-heels for? Can you not love her because you labelled as straight? Were you even straight in the first place if you had the ability to sexually fall in love with a girl?

-

Why is such a big deal made out of it? Yes, I sound like a hypocrite for even making this thread but how does peoples love life affect your life?

-

After reading this I'm sure I sound as a person who labels as lesbian but in fact, I don't label and if I was to label then it'd be straight because I'm yet to "fall in love" with a woman. But, deep down I'm sure we're all bisexual.

-

Any experiences (this is not for the pleasure of straight men :wink:) you'd like to share or questions please do so!

On a final point - this is not usually my forte. I'm a fun, crazy, hilarious (subjective but believe it) teenager who really isn't that passionate about sexuality and I think guys and chicks are sexy :biggrin:
Interesting post :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Serendipitee
Interesting post :smile:

Thanks hun :smile: Feel free to rep :cool:
Reply 3
the thirst is strong in the OP
I see exactly how you mean. Those quotes are correct. Love is love regardless of gender, and I am a feminine girl and I love cute, pretty girls x
Reply 5
I think the issue is that there's a difference between women who genuinely fancy other women, and women who deliberately get off with other girls in front of guys to get attention, but most who are this type grow out of it by the time they are about 18.
Original post by UK_Menna
I'm a fun, crazy, hilarious teenager

By ending it on this, you kinda just seem like an asshat.
OT: I didn't read that all but I never notice one gender subjected to more labels regarding sex than the other. It all seems quite even to me...
Genuinely asking because I'm confused, this isn't me being snide: what's the point of this thread?

Is it that we're all bisexuals? Or that people shouldn't label themselves? Or something else? I'm really not sure bisexuality is particularly controversial or even interesting. Who cares? (I say this as someone who is bisexual and is quite comfortable with that label).
Reply 8
It's the same for guys too. Sexuality isn't black and white, in that no one is 100% hetero or homo (however much some will argue they are :tongue:)
Reply 9
Original post by Lotus_Eater
Genuinely asking because I'm confused, this isn't me being snide: what's the point of this thread?

Is it that we're all bisexuals? Or that people shouldn't label themselves? Or something else? I'm really not sure bisexuality is particularly controversial or even interesting. Who cares? (I say this as someone who is bisexual and is quite comfortable with that label).

All of the above. I mean, it's for people to discuss opinions and in the OP I was just chucking a load around to trigger peoples views. No worries lol, didn't take it offensively.

Original post by RobML
It's the same for guys too. Sexuality isn't black and white, in that no one is 100% hetero or homo (however much some will argue they are :tongue:)

Totally agree! I just obviously don't know half of what goes on inside a guys head like a guy does however, I'm sure they're uncertain at times. LOL.

Original post by Tom_green_day
By ending it on this, you kinda just seem like an asshat.
OT: I didn't read that all but I never notice one gender subjected to more labels regarding sex than the other. It all seems quite even to me...

Sure.

Original post by Huskaris
I think the issue is that there's a difference between women who genuinely fancy other women, and women who deliberately get off with other girls in front of guys to get attention, but most who are this type grow out of it by the time they are about 18.

Really? I think as soon as people hit teenager years they start discovering themselves. The more into the 21st Century we're getting the less people use g/g as a way to seek attention - it's just old now. Girls tend to do it because they freeaakin want to
Reply 10
Bisexual girls? No thanks.

Great female icons btw OP
Reply 11
What did I just spend 5 minutes of my life on :confused:
What the hell was the point of this? :confused:

Also, tl;dr. First paragraph was too much for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I suppose that you could live your whole life and never know if you're bi.

Lucky that you already know OP :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by majmuh24
What the hell was the point of this? :confused:

Also, tl;dr. First paragraph was too much for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To help people (girls) with their sexuality.

Everyone knows most girls are sexually repressed :tongue:
Original post by rasberyl
To help people (girls) with their sexuality.

Everyone knows most girls are sexually repressed :tongue:

K den.

*sneaks away*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
K den.

*sneaks away*

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should really consider the op...
Original post by rasberyl
You should really consider the op...
As I said before, tl;dr. :colonhash:
Reply 19
As I said before, tl;dr. :colonhash:

Don't worry. :teehee:

Let your inner woman emerge. I won't think bad of you.

Quick Reply

Latest