The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
(edited 10 years ago)
Well club records seem to be falling every game at the minute, 9 straight wins and Sako & Dicko forging a partnership that we haven't seen since Bully's days! That Branco defender guy was a right knob 'ed for Swindon though.

Whoever comes 6th in League one will go up, sods law.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Well club records seem to be falling every game at the minute, 9 straight wins and Sako & Dicko forging a partnership that we haven't seen since Bully's days! That Branco defender guy was a right knob 'ed for Swindon though.

Whoever comes 6th in League one will go up, sods law.

Any chance of Judas Clarke breaking his leg before the game at our poxy shed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am reluctant to advocate government interference in sport, but couldn't company law prevent ownership by such people?
Original post by Midlander
Any chance of Judas Clarke breaking his leg before the game at our poxy shed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He'll score then break his toe kicking a billboard so don't worry too much.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
He'll score then break his toe kicking a billboard so don't worry too much.

Pointless signing for the dingles but one which has left us in big trouble. Struggling to stay in the third tier whilst Wolves and fecking Leicester romp to the title has me more pissed off than Alan Pardew's forehead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Pointless signing for the dingles but one which has left us in big trouble. Struggling to stay in the third tier whilst Wolves and fecking Leicester romp to the title has me more pissed off than Alan Pardew's forehead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be worse, you could keep loaning Leon Best until he scores a goal. Reminds of Jay Slothroyd as a footballer.

Apparently we asked Blackburn to loan us their best striker. We meant Jordan Rhodes, we got Leon Best.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Could be worse, you could keep loaning Leon Best until he scores a goal. Reminds of Jay Slothroyd as a footballer.

Apparently we asked Blackburn to loan us their best striker. We meant Jordan Rhodes, we got Leon Best.

You seem to forget Coventry was where he first made his name. Sorry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 488
https://vine.co/v/Mbzp0OIIezu

Perfectly acceptable according to Championship referees. Sort it out FA, teams are suffering each week due to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bloody hell - Deeney should have at least been booked for that. The penalty incident is a massive misnomer mind, unless the Donny keeper was up front for no apparent reason.
Original post by CraigWM
https://vine.co/v/Mbzp0OIIezu

Perfectly acceptable according to Championship referees. Sort it out FA, teams are suffering each week due to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, I'm confused. What was the actual result of that incident?

And are you arguing that you should have had a penalty or that Deeney should have been penalised? You're a Watford fan, right?

Because I'm with Stiff Little Fingers. That's a horrible challenge from Deeney. Dived in when he was never going to get near it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 491
Original post by Scott129
Wait, I'm confused. What was the actual result of that incident?

And are you arguing that you should have had a penalty or that Deeney should have been penalised? You're a Watford fan, right?

Because I'm with Stiff Little Fingers. That's a horrible challenge from Deeney. Dived in when he was never going to get near it.

Deeney shouldn't have gone in but does the ball. Its the keeper rugby tackling Deeney that should probably make it a penalty. Quality of video probably doesn't do justice as even the club Twitter went berserk at the decision.
Championship Fixtures

Bolton v Brighton 15:00
Bournemouth v Middlesbrough 15:00
Burnley v Leeds 15:00
Huddersfield v Blackburn 15:00
Ipswich v Wigan 15:00
Leicester v Blackpool 15:00
Millwall v Charlton 15:00
Nottm Forest v Doncaster 15:00
QPR v Yeovil 15:00
Reading v Derby 15:00
Sheff Wed v Birmingham 15:00
Watford v Barnsley 15:00

League One
Leyton Orient v Brentford 12:15
Bradford v Gillingham 15:00
Bristol City v Swindon 15:00
Carlisle v Stevenage 15:00
Crawley v Colchester 15:00
Crewe v Oldham 15:00
MK Dons v Peterborough 15:00
Rotherham v Walsall 15:00
Tranmere v Notts County 15:00
Wolves v Shrewsbury 15:00

Sun 16 Mar
Coventry v Port Vale 15:00

League Two
Burton v Wimbledon 15:00
Cheltenham v Torquay 15:00
Chesterfield v Oxford Utd 15:00
Dag & Red v Morecambe 15:00
Fleetwood v Portsmouth 15:00
Hartlepool v Bristol Rovers 15:00
Northampton v Mansfield 15:00
Plymouth v Scunthorpe 15:00
Rochdale v Accrington 15:00
Southend v Bury 15:00
York v Wycombe 15:00

Sun 16 Mar
Newport v Exeter 15:00
Original post by CraigWM
Deeney shouldn't have gone in but does the ball. Its the keeper rugby tackling Deeney that should probably make it a penalty. Quality of video probably doesn't do justice as even the club Twitter went berserk at the decision.

Really? Doesn't look like he gets the ball at all. No change in speed or direction of the ball, which suggests nothing touched it.

And it's hardly a rugby tackle. Deeney was between the keeper's legs and then tried to get up. Obviously the keeper's going to fall over (what with him being tangled up) and it's purely an accident Deeney went over too. One of those "6 of one, half a dozen of the other" incidents, in my opinion.

It is a poor camera angle though. Might be a different case if I saw it side on.
Original post by Rock Fan
League One
Leyton Orient v Brentford 12:15
Bradford v Gillingham 15:00
Bristol City v Swindon 15:00
Carlisle v Stevenage 15:00
Crawley v Colchester 15:00
Crewe v Oldham 15:00
MK Dons v Peterborough 15:00
Rotherham v Walsall 15:00
Tranmere v Notts County 15:00
Wolves v Shrewsbury 15:00

Sun 16 Mar
Coventry v Port Vale 15:00

Big game for the final play-off place in League One - I'm going back to MK for it. :smile:
Massive game for Brentford too. I'm going to be a mess between 12.15pm and 2pm today.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 496
Hoping Bolton can keep hunting down Blackburn with a win today. Only realistic goal for the rest of the season is to finish above them.
Reply 497
Original post by Scott129
Really? Doesn't look like he gets the ball at all. No change in speed or direction of the ball, which suggests nothing touched it.

And it's hardly a rugby tackle. Deeney was between the keeper's legs and then tried to get up. Obviously the keeper's going to fall over (what with him being tangled up) and it's purely an accident Deeney went over too. One of those "6 of one, half a dozen of the other" incidents, in my opinion.

It is a poor camera angle though. Might be a different case if I saw it side on.

Yeah, I'm quite sure the camera angle doesn't do it justice. Dickov himself said his keeper should have been sent off as well as most the Donny fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And Brentford win a big game...

In all seriousness a good result for us
Leeds can't hold a fecking lead. Although I'd definitely take a point at Turf Moor, which now seems out of reach.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest