The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueberrysro
Does anyone know when the last few interviews are and hence when they're likely to give out offers/rejections?

They'll email when they email, it seems. Could be anytime at 'the end of March' really. :wink:
Original post by MedSchoolHope4
They'll email when they email, it seems. Could be anytime at 'the end of March' really. :wink:

I reckon week beginning the 24th? As last day of March is a Monday and doubt they'd leave it to the very last minute...though this is pure speculation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanb
i can stop stressing now as to when we hear back from liverpool! got my offer from bristol today :smile: probs gonna firm bristol even if i get liverpool

Cheers for making us feel so much better!!
Original post by Angela_C
Would Liverpool consider me if I didn't get the grades this year but were to reapply next year? Or do they only consider first time applicants to the uni who have done a levels over 3 years? (I have an offer already from Keele but I'm worried about getting AAb or something) also I thought it was only if you had mitigating circumstances to resist? Thanks for your help :smile:

I'm not sure if they accept consecutive applications- you'll have to check the admissions supplement on their website. A lot of unis tend to allow it if you received a pre-interview rejection rather than post-interview though.
Well obviously having mitigating circumstances will help the admissions staff to understand your reasons behind resitting and they could use it when considering your application. But from what I researched this year, Exeter, Liverpool and Lancaster do not require you to have mitigating circumstances in order to re-apply.

The fact you have an offer should motivate you to work hard for the grades- only a few months left and exams will be over, so just get your head down until then and you're free to do whatever you like! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Student 1
I reckon week beginning the 24th? As last day of March is a Monday and doubt they'd leave it to the very last minute...though this is pure speculation

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll probably do whatever we expect the LEAST of haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bagelthins
They'll probably do whatever we expect the LEAST of haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably :/ Not sure if this is true, but a friend says a family friend had a Liverpool interview for medicine and was rejected on Thursday.. So now I feel very on edge!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know how Liverpool give out the offers? is it solely based on the interview, or do they incorporate your GCSE/personal statement scores into the decision too?
Original post by 2014examinations
does anyone know how Liverpool give out the offers? is it solely based on the interview, or do they incorporate your GCSE/personal statement scores into the decision too?

I think they mainly base it on the interview score, but in borderline cases will have to incorporate academic/personal statement scores too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1028
I have a feeling we might hear late this week!! Seen as last year they told people on the 20th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stotttyy
I have a feeling we might hear late this week!! Seen as last year they told people on the 20th

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I bet they've already made the decisions and are just working on sending them out! Exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too! I bet they've already made the decisions and are just working on sending them out! Exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Terrifying!
Reply 1031
Terrifying!

(Y)
Reply 1032
Does anyone know if there's an accommodation day or anything like that?
Original post by sar-egy

thats probably the last thing on my mind atm :P
Original post by sar-egy

I think they had a webinar a while back? There's a 30 min video of it somewhere. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Terrifying!

I'm pretty excited I think. Just so I can finally make my decisions after this. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So nervous/excited...I'm really trying to stay off this thread as it makes me even more nevous but it isn't working😩 I'm thinking that they may send offers/rejections out at the end of this week but I am not certain at all... it will probably happen on a day I least expect it to!
I'm pretty excited I think. Just so I can finally make my decisions after this. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have offers then? I'm waiting on 2 interviews and gap year is looking more and more likely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have offers then? I'm waiting on 2 interviews and gap year is looking more and more likely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have three already but I don't really know what to firm. Regretfully, I applied in a bit of a haste and didn't do enough research about the schools beforehand so the decision now is a bit tough. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I have three already but I don't really know what to firm. Regretfully, I applied in a bit of a haste and didn't do enough research about the schools beforehand so the decision now is a bit tough. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Count yourself lucky you're in such a position to choose! If they have offer holder days that might help? Or just visit the place

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending