The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
To those who want to predict when offers will come out, I may lend a helping hand (or maybe not):

- Offers are given out at 17:00 GMT on the day.
- Offers and Rejections are jointly handed out 'at random'.
- Offers and Rejections are most likely batched.
- It is most likely that the first day of offers will be towards the latter half of the working week.

This information largely applies to undergraduate students. All information has been collated from TSR and thus is not an accurate representation of when the UoL may actually have given out offers to students in the respective years. Furthermore, it is most likely the case that offers are given out in batches over several days. As such, the days listed below are the first day of offers.

Friday 22nd March 2013
Thursday 22nd March 2012
Wednesday 16th March 2011
Thursday 18th March 2010
Tuesday 17th March 2009

If I were to predict, I would suggest that Thursday 20th March 2014 would be when offers will first come out. This is by no means based on any statistics and is complete guess work so don't blame me if I am wrong!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kyalimers
To those who want to predict when offers will come out, I may lend a helping hand (or maybe not):

- Offers are given out at 17:00 GMT on the day.
- Offers and Rejections are jointly handed out 'at random'.
- Offers and Rejections are most likely batched.
- It is most likely that the first day of offers will be towards the latter half of the working week.

This information largely applies to undergraduate students. All information has been collated from TSR and thus is not an accurate representation of when the UoL may actually have given out offers to students in the respective years. Furthermore, it is most likely the case that offers are given out in batches over several days. As such, the days listed below are the first day of offers.

Friday 22nd March 2013
Thursday 22nd March 2012
Wednesday 16th March 2011
Thursday 18th March 2010
Tuesday 17th March 2009

If I were to predict, I would suggest that Thursday 20th March 2014 would be when offers will first come out. This is by no means based on any statistics and is complete guess work so don't blame me if I am wrong!

Thank you! I hope your predictions are right, fed up of waiting
Reply 1042
Imagine if it's tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1043
Oh god I wasn't expecting a decision until like the 30th or something.. much more nervous now, especially as I've otherwise had 3 pre-interview rejections.
L'pool is now my only hope ahhhh.
Original post by hjward
Oh god I wasn't expecting a decision until like the 30th or something.. much more nervous now, especially as I've otherwise had 3 pre-interview rejections.
L'pool is now my only hope ahhhh.

Me too!!! I was expecting another two weeks wait aaaah!!!!
I'm still waiting to hear from BSMS after my interview there too...so scary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1045
Original post by charlotteallan95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a friend who literally just got an offer from BSMS an hour ago. Good luck!
Reply 1046
Original post by charlotteallan95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully you'll get at least 1, good luck!
Original post by hjward
Hopefully you'll get at least 1, good luck!

Good luck to you too aaaah!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cutaneoplast™
As promised, I've just spoken in person to a member of staff who deals with the admissions. I tried to get the specific date for release of offer letters/e-mails but all the person said was post-interview applicants have already been given e-mails about this saying that they will receive a decision by the end of March. No further information was given to me. Sorry to disappoint. Will have to wait until 31st March.

Once you have an offer or if anyone has a deferred entry offer for 2014 then please join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/708552395845353/

Thank you for speaking to them. But last year the admissions said the same thing about sending them out in late march but actually started on 22nd March :smile:
Anyone else experiencing sleepless nights?
Original post by hopeful doc
Anyone else experiencing sleepless nights?

Yep... :frown:
As promised, I've just spoken in person to a member of staff who deals with the admissions. I tried to get the specific date for release of offer letters/e-mails but all the person said was post-interview applicants have already been given e-mails about this saying that they will receive a decision by the end of March. No further information was given to me. Sorry to disappoint. Will have to wait until 31st March.

Once you have an offer or if anyone has a deferred entry offer for 2014 then please join the Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/708552395845353/

Is that group for DermSoc only?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rumschpringe
Yep... :frown:

I'm guessing this is your final hope too?
Reply 1053
Does anyone know if Liverpool has rang to confirm work experience yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1054
Original post by cbithas
Does anyone know if Liverpool has rang to confirm work experience yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's far past that stage. Offers should be released within a week or so.

They would not call every single applicant's work experience placement for confirmation. They would most likely choose at random (plus the odd unbelievable one).
Are medics, (seeing as they receive there offers quite late on compared to majority of people) not likely to get the best accommodation (on campus) for Liverpool, so Vine Court or the new one Crown Place as they'll be all booked already?
Reply 1056
Original post by unknowartist
Are medics, (seeing as they receive there offers quite late on compared to majority of people) not likely to get the best accommodation (on campus) for Liverpool, so Vine Court or the new one Crown Place as they'll be all booked already?

I doubt they'll be booked up this early! I think people are less organised than you're giving them credit on the whole.
Original post by unknowartist

During the pre-interview tour, someone said that they reserve a number of rooms at the accommodations for medical students, I think.
Original post by hopeful doc
I'm guessing this is your final hope too?

I'm also waiting for a post-interview response from Lancaster but I am not feeling good about the outcome :frown:
No worries. Are you a re-applicant? Good luck with your medical school applications. :smile: Let us know how it go.

I'm actually a re-sit applicant but didn't apply for medicine last year :smile: yourself? I was actually stalking the pages from the last few years and they tend to give it around this week every year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending