The Student Room Group

Manchester Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kahra
PLEASE HELP! I really want to study dentistry at Manchester University. I am currently choosing which GCSE's to take. I have already chosen Triple science and German, but I still need to choose two more. I have the choice between History, Geography, Art and Computing. Which will Manchester like the best? Which shall I take in order to have a good chance of getting into Manchester University to study dentistry?

Hey, maybe you should take Art because it will help demonstrate manual dexterity, which is really important in Dentistry. Also I would choose the one I enjoy more between History and Geography. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 441
Original post by Kahra
PLEASE HELP! I really want to study dentistry at Manchester University. I am currently choosing which GCSE's to take. I have already chosen Triple science and German, but I still need to choose two more. I have the choice between History, Geography, Art and Computing. Which will Manchester like the best? Which shall I take in order to have a good chance of getting into Manchester University to study dentistry?

Honestly? Do whichever you enjoy most cause you'll end up getting the best grades you can. They'll much prefer good grades over doing art and getting a D for example (not saying that will happen at all but just as an example). I didn't do DT or Art for my GCSEs and applied to Manchester this year for dentistry and got an interview. playing an instrument or nail art/knitting things like that all contribute to manual dexterity. Plus in biology you'll have to do dissections which prove it too. So just go with whatever your heart tells you what to do. If you don't enjoy a subject, I'd advise not taking it because it becomes a chore rather than enjoyment of learning :smile: hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 442
I heard that Manchester have lowered their number of places to 69 from 75, does anyone know if this is true?
Reply 443
Original post by dent95
I heard that Manchester have lowered their number of places to 69 from 75, does anyone know if this is true?

All unis in UK were told to reduce dentistry intake starting this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 444
Original post by jmwu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I meant England. Anyway here's the link http://www.dentistry.co.uk/news/care-needed-reducing-student-numbers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 445
Oh thankyou very much
Reply 446
Original post by jmwu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope Manchester are still giving out the full 160 offers though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester offer!! Check track!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 448
Original post by Greg Robertson

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg congratulations Greg!!
Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 450

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!! This is so scary right now
Reply 451
Does anyone know how many were interviewed in total?
Reply 452
Original post by ross_ave
Does anyone know how many were interviewed in total?

Around 240 I remember from the open day not completely sure. If it helps the last set of interviews were yesterday.
Original post by ImAz
Omg congratulations Greg!!
Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers mate!! Really chuffed, going for the home run here!
Fingers crossed for you mate, one of my friends got one at the same time but two others are still waiting. Wasn't expecting anything until the 31st!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 454
Fingers crossed for you mate, one of my friends got one at the same time but two others are still waiting. Wasn't expecting anything until the 31st!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoilt for choice :wink:
All the best with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats greg! I've still got nothing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 456

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats thats brilliant! when was your interview?
Reply 457
Wonder how they're sending them out, seems in a really random order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458
Original post by ImAz
Wonder how they're sending them out, seems in a really random order.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! I'm hoping it's categories, with sub categories like international/home then people who have done their a levels/people who are doing them then people with similar ukcat & (predicted) grades etc, really hoping I get an offer! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 459
Original post by heens
Yeah me too! I'm hoping it's categories, with sub categories like international/home then people who have done their a levels/people who are doing them then people with similar ukcat & (predicted) grades etc, really hoping I get an offer! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too, parents won't be able to afford uni this year unless I get into Manchester. So I'm screwed if not haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest