The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by rtyu
Hey! Yayy for you. Just monday i saw a status update for my second choice saying my appl is held pending further documentation. My first choice still says under consideration. Did you also see a similar status update for your second choice?

That is normal. Your first choice is still under consideration and the 2nd will be considered when the decision about first has been made. I have still the same statuses. They will change only when they process the decision :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 421
Original post by stefsaran
That is normal. Your first choice is still under consideration and the 2nd will be considered when the decision about first has been made. I have still the same statuses. They will change only when they process the decision :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

when did your second choice status change?
Reply 422
Original post by rtyu

It never did actually :-) that is normal for the 2nd choice. For me it was like that since my application was sent to the department for consideration for 1st choice. So since 9th January :-) That is the default status for 2nd choice if your first is still under consideration :-) I was told this form the graduate admissions office when I heard from people that they have had a change in status of 2nd choice which is as they say (office) wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 423
Original post by rtyu
Hey! Yayy for you. Just monday i saw a status update for my second choice saying my appl is held pending further documentation. My first choice still says under consideration. Did you also see a similar status update for your second choice?

My second choice status changed last monday as well
Reply 424
Original post by ha23
My second choice status changed last monday as well

Original post by rtyu

What was your first status for the 2nd choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
What was your first status for the 2nd choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

both said under consideration by the dept. On Monday the second one said "held pending further documentation...." ive gone through enough threads to know this that many people who got this status change heard from them soon.. between 1-10 days.. Nonetheless should i call them or wait?
Reply 426
Original post by rtyu
both said under consideration by the dept. On Monday the second one said "held pending further documentation...." ive gone through enough threads to know this that many people who got this status change heard from them soon.. between 1-10 days.. Nonetheless should i call them or wait?

It said the same for me but between when I actually submitted the application and the period when they processed all the documents and sent it to the department for consideration and since has been the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 427
Original post by rtyu

Hopefully soon. I'd wait!
Reply 428
It said the same for me but between when I actually submitted the application and the period when they processed all the documents and sent it to the department for consideration and since has been the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well. LSE and its ways. You can be rest assured though! u should hear from them by wed :biggrin::biggrin:. I'm just hoping the same happens for me.
Reply 429
Original post by ha23
Hopefully soon. I'd wait!

More waiting. Excellent :rolleyes: Hope we all get offers!
Reply 430
Hi guys :biggrin: I just got an conditional offer for MSc Economics ;D I am so happy right now :biggrin: Just want to say hang in there and I hope that you all get accepted to LSE :biggrin:
I will still be watching this thread if someone need some information.

Best of luck :biggrin:

ps. I have been waiting for 13 weeks now
Reply 431
Hi guys :biggrin: I just got an conditional offer for MSc Economics ;D I am so happy right now :biggrin: Just want to say hang in there and I hope that you all get accepted to LSE :biggrin:

Congrats!!! :smile:
Reply 432
Original post by rtyu
Congrats!!! :smile:

Thank you :-) I have a question. Since I am not from UK i don't fully understand what the next sentence means. I have to apply for a visa and they say the following : * You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa up to three months before your programme starts. Now does that mean that I should apply before or after that date (3 months before the msc starts)? I just got confused about it :-)
Reply 433
Thank you :-) I have a question. Since I am not from UK i don't fully understand what the next sentence means. I have to apply for a visa and they say the following : * You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa up to three months before your programme starts. Now does that mean that I should apply before or after that date (3 months before the msc starts)? I just got confused about it :-)

I too am an international applicant. Cant be too sure. But from what i understand, i think it meansu should apply before 3 months.
Reply 434

That means you can apply for the visa three month before October.

Congrats. may i ask you what was your overall GPAs like?
Reply 436
Original post by KhalilParis
Congrats. may i ask you what was your overall GPAs like?

Thanx :-) GPA 9.6/10 ; GRE quant 160; extraculiculars and a month long summer internship at the Ministry in Serbia :-)
Math 1 - grade 8 (B)
Math 2 - 9 ( A-)
Statistics - 10 (A)
Econometrics - 10 (A)
Economics courses ( Micro , Macro, international, labour, public....) 9 or 10.
Hooe this helps :-)
Good luck
Reply 437
Original post by ha23
That means you can apply for the visa three month before October.

Thank you. So in the beginning of July. But I have an introductory course in math in early September. Does this changes something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 438

hey good job! :biggrin: We might end up seeing each other there when the time comes!
Anybody here's applying for Risk and Stochastics?

Sent from my iPhone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending