The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A very sub-par performance from Madrid last night, the scoreline is just a reflection on how poor Rayo were. We'll need to be a lot better against Dortmund.

Barca win thanks to a dubious penalty. Hardly atypical but frustrating nonetheless. Still, the quality of refereeing is so poor in La Liga you can't really make a case for a conspiracy. It's just sheer incompetence. Atletico, unsurprisingly, grind out another win.

The title, much though it pains me to say it, seems a distant dream now. And La Decima will be a struggle too.

But we beat on, boats back against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Reply 4401
Original post by Manchester United
The ball hit Neymars hand first? No?

No
Original post by Manchester United
The ball hit Neymars hand first? No?

From a side angle it looks like the ball touched his hand.But it doesnt actually.straight on the chest.
Original post by economist2
From a side angle it looks like the ball touched his hand.But it doesnt actually.straight on the chest.

Okay fair enough. I didn't see the game live, I based my opinion on the side-angle and my friend (who is a plastic barca fan) - he said it wasn't a penalty.
Diego Costa starts

we're in for a cracker
Original post by Thugnificent.
Diego Costa starts

we're in for a cracker

Nice gif :colone:
Original post by Thugnificent.
Diego Costa starts

we're in for a cracker

The Costa- Pique battle was short lived, with both being injured. Early reports suggest 4 weeks out for both.
Let me guess, the tie was the most interesting 90mins of football you've ever seen. Seemed like it was going to be such a **** tie tbh. Didn't fail to disappoint in both matches.

Atlético to go through as well. How many of their team are suspended now. Saw that 5 players on their team got carded, even their substitute got yellow carded :rofl:

Also how has Diego Ribas been?
(edited 10 years ago)
Barcelona given a transfer ban for the next two windows. Wow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Stopmessing
Barcelona given a transfer ban for the next two windows. Wow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barcelona transfer ban: Fifa issues 14-month sanction

Spanish champions Barcelona have been given a 14-month transfer ban by Fifa for breaking rules on signing international players under 18.
The Catalan club cannot buy or sell players until the summer of 2015 after the world governing body imposed a transfer ban for the next two windows.
They have also been fined 450,000 Swiss Francs (£305,000).
Fifa has also sanctioned the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) for the same breaches.
The RFEF has been given a fine of 500,000 Swiss Francs (£340,000) and told to "regularise [its] regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football" within a year.
More to follow.

That is huge huge news. Barca will obviously appeal it. They're lucky it's two transfer windows and not 2 summer transfer windows. If they can appeal it and be able to use this summer transfer window, even if they lose the appeal and are banned for two windows they could be fine (since you fix any issues in the squad).
What the actual **** :lol:
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone: ''I apologize to Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos that I laughed on their statement after El Classico. Tonight I've realized that I was mistaken. Neymar is an actor, not a Footballer

Along with the Neymar scandal, the transfer ban shows what a corrupt, cheating scum bag of a club barca is.
Original post by Pistol 33
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone: ''I apologize to Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos that I laughed on their statement after El Classico. Tonight I've realized that I was mistaken. Neymar is an actor, not a Footballer

Tad hypocritical if he actually said that...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/288889.stm
Reply 4413
TIL: Victor Valdes is leaving,
TIL:Pinto is most likely leaving,
TIL:Puyol has left.............
TIL:Barcelona can't sign players. So, ted sturgen can't join.(?)
TIL: The meaning of Fifalona
TIL: BARCA ARE ****ED :rofl:

TIL: Real Madrid should be ****ed as well, if Fifa do their job properly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 419
TIL: Victor Valdes is leaving,
TIL:Pinto is most likely leaving,
TIL:Puyol has left.............
TIL:Barcelona can't sign players. So, ted sturgen can't join.(?)
TIL: The meaning of Fifalona
TIL: BARCA ARE ****ED :rofl:

Real Madrid don't need anymore players tho.
Reply 4415
Original post by sr90
Tad hypocritical if he actually said that...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/288889.stm

He didn't, Pistol is making things up again like he does so often. The original quote is, "Diving is his characteristic, like Alexis Sanchez did when I coached him at River Plate. This part of his game lets him down." But goal.com is the only source for this, so I doubt Simeone even said that. He rarely complains about players.

Original post by 419

If you want FIFA to do their job properly, add a few other clubs to the list as well, not only from la liga. What about Brahim Abdelkader to Man City for example? I am led to believe that his parents didn't move to Manchester with him for non-footballing reasons either (which is the reason that got Barça into trouble). If we dig a little, I'm sure we'll find examples of this at most clubs, including a number of Premier League ones.

But then what players in the RM academy are you referring to? Right now I can't really think of any examples, from the top of my head at least. Although I agree RM must be investigated as well, especially since the investigator in Barça's case is Pedro Lopez Jiménez, a former RM vice president. :rolleyes: Explains why Barça got picked for this even though La Masia probably offers the best living standard, access to education etc of all canteras. Which, of course, doesn't justify breaking the rules, but it poses the question of why an investigation was started out of the blue against Barça's youth system of all clubs... That said, there are a number of loopholes in the rules that aren't hard to figure out. Speaks for the Barça management once again that they didn't. Luckily, this will be the last straw to get them out.

Anyway, if rules were broken, then the club must be sanctioned, no question about it. But this applies for so many clubs in the top European leagus, so if FIFA is serious about this, several clubs should & must be banned. :colonhash:

And wrt the summer window, I am quite sure ter Stegen & Halilovic deals will get through and there will even be time for a couple of more signings. The appeal won't be decided on so quickly.
(edited 10 years ago)
The ban couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

Shame they'll find a way to get through that transfer ban though.

"Diving is his characteristic, like Alexis Sanchez did when I coached him at River Plate," he told Sky Sport.
"This part of his game lets him down."

Diego Simeone is a funny guy. I love hypocrisy and pretending to be better than others when he was a scumbag as well.
Reply 4417
Original post by jam277

Anyway, who do you think will make top 4?

Spoiler

Late reply, but anyway:

I don't want Sevilla. I'm rooting for Bilbao. Don't think they'll make it considering they have the least favourable run of fixtures - unless they beat Sevilla -, but they're my second favourite team in the primera. I think Sevilla will do it however, they have the easiest run. I'll be fine with either of the three though, Hopefully Sociedad can annoy Real a bit, especially now with CR out. :colondollar:

Hard to judge Illara with the little playing time he gets as a starter, but he's doing alright imo. Nothing spectacular. I think he has had two genuinely great games - Elche and Villarreal, but other than that, he has been between mediocre and good. No wonder though, joining Real Madrid will never be an ideal career move for youngsters. Will be interesting to see what his role will be if Khedira returns, but then Khedira might still leave in the summer.

Original post by jam277
The ban couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

Hating the playing style is one thing, but what do you have against the club regarding its youth development?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qua
Late reply, but anyway:

I don't want Sevilla. I'm rooting for Bilbao. Don't think they'll make it considering they have the least favourable run of fixtures - unless they beat Sevilla -, but they're my second favourite team in the primera. I think Sevilla will do it however, they have the easiest run. I'll be fine with either of the three though, Hopefully Sociedad can annoy Real a bit, especially now with CR out. :colondollar:

Hard to judge Illara with the little playing time he gets as a starter, but he's doing alright imo. Nothing spectacular. I think he has had two genuinely great games - Elche and Villarreal, but other than that, he has been between mediocre and good. No wonder though, joining Real Madrid will never be an ideal career move for youngsters. Will be interesting to see what his role will be if Khedira returns, but then Khedira might still leave in the summer.

Spoiler

I chose Sociedad because of Antoine Griezmann haha. I've known about him since they first got promoted from liga adelante back in 2010, I hope they reinvest in the squad when they sell him in the summer, I'd take him over Salah any day as well :redface: I like pardo as well, will be world class and starting for spain in a few years. Him, Thiago, Busquets and Fabregas are the future of spain.

I always felt that Illaramendi left at the wrong time. Xabi had a few years left in him, Modric plays in that role at times and obviously Khedira provides that work rate and solidity. So I don't know... I think it's best for him if he were to leave Real Madrid, it's not as bad as what happened to Nuri Sahin, but bad the way he barely plays. I can see a future for Isco playing as the no.10 in the 4-3-3 as Di Maria is the person he challenges a spot for but Illaramendi has so many people playing in the positions he plays in.

Hating the playing style is one thing, but what do you have against the club regarding its youth development?

Just baiting people haha. I admire the youth development for the most part, although I always felt it was somewhat dubious. Saying that what do you think about the Messi deal, I only know you paid for his growth treatment and stuff, but the deal to me seems kinda weird. I don't obviously know the deal too much but it always rang alarm bells to me.
Scummy Barcelona...

Latest