The Student Room Group

Easter Holidays Revision AS/A levels

I was just wondering how much revision you'll be doing a day for revision over the easter holidays and if you'll have any days free not doing anything. Also another thing is do you do revision at night time? Say, for example, you were out during the day would you catch up on revision that you would have missed at night? Is this a good idea or not because we wouldn't have college the next day or anything - have any of you tried this method, does it work?

Thanks, any answers are appreciated lots. I'm unsure of how much is too much or too little if you know what I mean. :smile:

(Ooo, also, let me know what subjects you're doing. I'm doing maths (OCR MEI), further maths (OCR MEI), chemistry and physics (both AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Caz_
I was just wondering how much revision you'll be doing a day for revision over the easter holidays and if you'll have any days free not doing anything. Also another thing is do you do revision at night time? Say, for example, you were out during the day would you catch up on revision that you would have missed at night? Is this a good idea or not because we wouldn't have college the next day or anything - have any of you tried this method, does it work?

Thanks, any answers are appreciated lots. I'm unsure of how much is too much or too little if you know what I mean. :smile:

(Ooo, also, let me know what subjects you're doing. I'm doing maths (OCR MEI), further maths (OCR MEI), chemistry and physics (both AQA)

I'm doing the same subjects :smile: Just different exam boards (Edexcel for maths and OCR for sciences).

My Sixth Form are doing revision days during the holidays so I'll definitely be doing revision monday + tuesday of the first week and thursday of the next week. Obviously I'll do other days where I'm revising (probably about 5/6 other days) but I'm still going to leave some free. Imo I could either lie to myself and say I'm going to revise everyday (which I won't) or except that I definitely won't and just pick certain days and focus my revision on the topics I find more difficult.

As for doing revision at night, I wouldn't say you 'need' to but it depends on what sort of person you are. If you are the sort that will get in at night and do revision but not really take any of it in then just wait till the day. If your the sort that takes all day before you actually decide to focus on it (like me xD) then night time might be better anyway.
I think I will try and do 2+ hours a day and probably in the morning to get it out of the way so I have the rest of the day free. However I will be given lots of improvements to do for my Applied ICT subject due to the final deadline being shortly after we come back from the Easter holidays so I don't know how much time I will have to revise lol.
Reply 3
Ahh thanks both of you :smile: I just think I need to be a bit more consistent with my revision, like some days I will literally go all day and into the night just revising and then other days I do absolutely nothing so I'll probably remember more if I do smaller chunks over more days.

Good luck with your exams! (and with your Applied ICT RSmith1007.) :smile:
Reply 4
It's definitely possible to do it at night, I've done it personally and it works to a certain extent. As long as you aren't too tired it should work.
Original post by _Caz_
Ahh thanks both of you :smile: I just think I need to be a bit more consistent with my revision, like some days I will literally go all day and into the night just revising and then other days I do absolutely nothing so I'll probably remember more if I do smaller chunks over more days.

Good luck with your exams! (and with your Applied ICT RSmith1007.) :smile:

Haha the same thing has happened to me recently I haven't done any revision in like 4 days :frown:, it's just because I've been given so much work for Applied ICT :angry: Thanks I hope I do well it will be the best feeling every when summer comes and if I get the grades I want. I hope everything goes well for you and good luck in your exams but I'm sure with a good amount of work you will do fine :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by zed963
It's definitely possible to do it at night, I've done it personally and it works to a certain extent. As long as you aren't too tired it should work.

Ahh thanks - maybe I'll give it a try and see what happens.
Reply 7
Original post by _Caz_

Aim for 5-7 hours atleast IM 44 DAYS AWAY FROM MY FIRST EXAM
Original post by _Caz_

You will set yourself high aims and spend all the time on youtube and ****ing.
Aiming for 1-2 hours of each subject a day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by TheMagican
Aim for 5-7 hours atleast IM 44 DAYS AWAY FROM MY FIRST EXAM

WHat DAY IS YOUR FIRST EXAM? Mine's 16th may :L
Chem -OCR A
Physics - OCR A
Economics - AQA
Maths - Edexcel

I'm planning on doing 2 hours for each subject a day, I can't have any free days off I'm ridiculously behind as it is :cry2: I'll make up for it in Summer though :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Changing Skies
Aiming for 1-2 hours of each subject a day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this is a nice aim actually, thanks and good luck with your exams!
Original post by _Caz_
WHat DAY IS YOUR FIRST EXAM? Mine's 16th may :L

13th - edexcel psychology :smile:
I will revise from early in the morning AKA 9am till late night AKA 12 everyday except on the 10th of april because thats my 17th birthday. But i have to go to colege on that day for a three hour revision session for biology. :frown:.
I Really need to revise AQA C1,C2, M1. And OCR F322, F211 and F212.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I will revise from early in the morning AKA 9am till late night AKA 12 everyday except on the 10th of april because thats my 17th birthday. But i have to go to colege on that day for a three hour revision session for biology. :frown:.
I Really need to revise AQA C1,C2, M1. And OCR F322, F211 and F212.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guarantee you won't hold that.
Ill probz spend most of my half term doing revision :/ but ill leave some days to do things with friends and family.
Reply 17
I do the same subjects as you.
Going to aim for 4-5 hours a day with one day off every week.
Reply 18
Original post by TheMagican
13th - edexcel psychology :smile:

Oh goodness gracious - they're coming around so quickly! Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 19
Thanks again for all your replies, it's nice to see what other people plan on doing over the holidays. One of my chemistry teachers refuses to call them 'easter holidays' and prefers to call them an 'easter study break' haha. Hopefully we can all eat tons of chocolate and get through all the revision that way instead! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest