The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Bath Spa University- Early Years Education Course

Hey! Just wondering if anyone is going to be studying Early Years Education at Bath Spa this year? Would be nice to know some people before starting :smile:
Hi!!

I am! Have you had any timetables or anything yet?!

Cannot wait, where are you coming from?
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
No i haven't im waiting to have them havent really had much information from bath just an email to say they will get in touch soon :smile: I live in Bristol so not far away from Uni :smile: You?
Reply 3
Please Can you tell me about the course and timetable . I'm starting sept 2014 x are there many mature students ?
Reply 4
I'm driving from swindon x
Reply 5
Hey :smile:

I'm in my third year at Bath Spa. I'm studying Early Years Education. Please feel free to ask me any questions at all!!

X
Reply 6
Hey,

i got some questions: what does the time table look like for early years in 1st yr of studies?how did you find the course?i know placements are part of it, did you find your placement or was it organised by Uni?

thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Mattj1992
Hey,

i got some questions: what does the time table look like for early years in 1st yr of studies?how did you find the course?i know placements are part of it, did you find your placement or was it organised by Uni?

thanks

The time table in first year generally fits into a one week rota (I'm currently on a Week A/Week B timetable). When I was in my first year I studied 4 models, 2 of which were compulsory education models (Education for change and how young children learn and play) and then a module from a different course (This was compulsory when I was in first year - I chose health studies). Placement wasn't compulsory in first year, it was dependent upon which modules you chose to take. I chose to have a placement in my first year, it was a nine week placement that I attended once a week. The university organise the placement for you, they try to place you in a convenient location but they have a lot of people to place so this isn't always possible. In my first year of uni I was in on a Monday (12-1) a Tuesday (11-1 and 4-6) and a Thursday (9-12 and 1-3). I had placement on a Friday but this only from November to the end of January. I have really enjoyed the course, the lecturers are great and really inspiring/helpful. I can't really remember all of the modules that were on offer in first year but I know that you will take education for change and how young children learn and play (if they still have the same names) in your first year of study. When I was in first year education for change required 3 assignments and 1 presentation and how young children learn and play required 2 assignments and 1 presentation.

Hope this has all helped!!! Hope you enjoy your time at Bath Spa!!!
Reply 8
Original post by MoominMay
The time table in first year generally fits into a one week rota (I'm currently on a Week A/Week B timetable). When I was in my first year I studied 4 models, 2 of which were compulsory education models (Education for change and how young children learn and play) and then a module from a different course (This was compulsory when I was in first year - I chose health studies). Placement wasn't compulsory in first year, it was dependent upon which modules you chose to take. I chose to have a placement in my first year, it was a nine week placement that I attended once a week. The university organise the placement for you, they try to place you in a convenient location but they have a lot of people to place so this isn't always possible. In my first year of uni I was in on a Monday (12-1) a Tuesday (11-1 and 4-6) and a Thursday (9-12 and 1-3). I had placement on a Friday but this only from November to the end of January. I have really enjoyed the course, the lecturers are great and really inspiring/helpful. I can't really remember all of the modules that were on offer in first year but I know that you will take education for change and how young children learn and play (if they still have the same names) in your first year of study. When I was in first year education for change required 3 assignments and 1 presentation and how young children learn and play required 2 assignments and 1 presentation.

Hope this has all helped!!! Hope you enjoy your time at Bath Spa!!!

Thank you for an in depth reply, it's cleared up a few of my queries that I had!I'm guessing 4 modules is what the standard amount? From what you say the course is roughly 10 hours plus optional placement, I must admit I thought I'd spend more time at uni hehe! Did you go down the 3+1 path?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending