The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FKLW
That's the dream man :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, what plate is our A3 and how much did you pay for it/insurance. Imagine it's fairly (completely) out of my price range though :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

2007 and I bought it in 2012, £7,000 at the time. £1,600 ish was my first policy at 20 with off street parking etc. Had an internship that paid really well that summer so just spunked it before I drank it away tbh :colondollar:

It's only worth it iff you're making journeys that are already expensive imo
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 419
I don't have a car. It's not justifiable for me to been in London for the reason Zurich said, insurance and I'm pretty much always in the congestion charge zone.

When I do drive other people's car though, it's usually a german whip.

Oh alright, well that's fair enough. :smile:

Original post by Zürich
aha, another Dutchie around is no bad thing :wink: Always been over and back to Amsterdam my whole life, usually fly from London City so it's literally a 30m flight but it's just the cost that can add up. It's not a long drive anyway and I find it quite relaxing tbh.

Depends where you live really, always found TFL just the job for me. London's a big place but I have absolutely no interest in anywhere West of Bush, South of Clapham or East of Bethnal Green 90% of the time :tongue:

It is handy for shopping and that for sure, bought a load of ikea the other week and I wouldnt have fancied logging it on the train tbh :tongue:

Yeah ikr :tongue: I miss Holland, it just feels like everything is easier and less fast paced over there :frown: I pay more attention to Holland than I do to my other ethnic half sometimes lol!

Thing is you see, I had my heart set on going to uni in Nottingham but circumstances changed and I realised I didn't want to leave London. Obviously many factors came into this decision but one of the reasons why I want to stay in London is solely because of TFL haha! Not many people appreciate it but honestly it's such a good system ( Most times) when I'm not going to be driving of course. :wink:

I can honestly tell you that I don't think I've ever been South London.
Reply 102
Original post by FKLW
Got my licence already. Public transport is **** up north though? Anything would do tbh. Thinking of a 1.2 Corsa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh definitely a vauxhall. Ford if insurance become a bane but a corsa if you can.
Reply 103
Original post by 419
Yh definitely a vauxhall. Ford if insurance become a bane but a corsa if you can.

Detest fords :colonhash:. Would love a VXR but insurance is a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by Zürich
2007 and I bought it in 2012, £7,000 at the time. £1,600 ish was my first policy at 20 with off street parking etc. Had an internship that paid really well that summer so just spunked it before I drank it away tbh :colondollar:

It's only worth it iff you're making journeys that are already expensive imo

That's quite good tbh, what engine size? Yeah internships help :tongue: got some money saved up and bro' swilling to chip in but max budget is probably £2000 (most likely cheaper, depending on insurance).

It depends, if I go Uni in London then no won't need one but if I'm staying local I'm paying £3 one way for a ride into town even though I live 10 mins drive ffs. It's convenient anyway, got friends that I visit in cities that are effort on the train and there's no one way there so yeah. For you guys in London defo not worth it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oh alright, well that's fair enough. :smile:

Yeah ikr :tongue: I miss Holland, it just feels like everything is easier and less fast paced over there :frown: I pay more attention to Holland than I do to my other ethnic half sometimes lol!

Strange country, anti-social, borderline autistic behaviour spliced in with brutally direct honesty. Like when you make a bet in a bookies and the old guy behind the counter asks if you know anything about football, in all honesty or you make a joke at the bus stop and are assumed to be a mental patient...:colonhash:

And this country got a reputation for hedonistic liberalism? Holland hired some good PR guys man
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Strange country, anti-social, borderline autistic behaviour spliced in with brutally direct honesty. Like when you make a bet in a bookies and the old guy behind the counter asks if you know anything about football, in all honesty or you make a joke at the bus stop and are assumed to be a mental patient...:colonhash:

And this country got a reputation for hedonistic liberalism? Holland hired some good PR guys man

Lolololololol!! Such creative writing Zurich, I felt that passion, that sheer pain.
Have to agree though this country I freakin bipolar. Hedonistic liberalism lol, even kids as young as 9 get in with it. Did you see the morning metro? In it there was a story about a guy who was proud of his daughter for giving birth at the age of 12 and for staying with her 14 year old boyfriend through the 'tough times'. I'm such a traditionalist at timex so that's just madness.

You should not be surprised that the alcohol age restriction in Holland is significantly lower than it is here, a recent survey showed that Britain had the probably one of the 'worst youth population' in the world in terms of education, discipline, health and lifestyle etc.

Oh well lol. (Soz I always end up typing an essay, I'm off to bed in a minute so don't worry!) :smile:
Lol Yaboy is back! And guess what his new name is now? 'Yaboy419sDad' lolololol.
Reply 108
Anyone know is the fifa World Cup game is out yet?
Can a girl accuse you of rape for fingering her without permission?

Someone aware me of the legality.
Original post by Yaboy419sDad
Can a girl accuse you of rape for fingering her without permission?

Someone aware me of the legality.

Nah, you're good
http://bestbookread.com/

Sorry but LOL at no.7
Reply 112
Original post by Yaboy419sDad
http://bestbookread.com/

Sorry but LOL at no.7

Number 8 hahahahahaha
Reply 113
Also as if this thread had some meaningful discussion on it today?

****ing be ashamed of yourselves
Reply 114
Gonna bring some new discussion topics if I don't mind so msesledf ****ers
Reply 115

Is this or this not the most ****able ratchet the world has ever seen?
Reply 116
She is just ****ing begging for it. She got the body of an oriental with the face of a girl next door model. All kinds of ****able attributes everywhere
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 117
if i do say so myself as per jigga in drunk in love
Reply 118
****bunny
Reply 119
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You know the stereotype about girls and football. Yeah. Shame really. Probably the two best posters on the football forum are female, but for every good one...

whcih two are you referring to positielvly

Latest