The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Newcastle have had a rubbish run of games so it's absolutely vital we actually start well this time.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Newcastle have had a rubbish run of games so it's absolutely vital we actually start well this time.

i sometimes forget newcastle are in the PL, with such an excellent start to the season they just seem to exist and not do much else (inb4 kinda like arsenal), they have lost cabaye though which was a big blow in creativity in their game. i doubt the game will show any real threat but we do need to stop this sluggish starts to our games.
Mesut Ozil winning a trophy in his 1st season that'd be a good-look. It would also say that we're still trying to compete, initially start of the season I was worried wouldn't win a trophy.
Original post by Kruz
Mesut Ozil winning a trophy in his 1st season that'd be a good-look. It would also say that we're still trying to compete, initially start of the season I was worried wouldn't win a trophy.

lets be honest he moved for money and to coast for the rest of his footballing days with a team that lacks ambition
Original post by baconbutty
lets be honest he moved for money and to coast for the rest of his footballing days with a team that lacks ambition

Lol what makes you think he moved for money, he moved because he felt his position was under threat. Let's not forget it is World-Cup year, BaconButty are you even an Arsenal fan? I haven't seen you post anything remotely positive.
Original post by Kruz
Lol what makes you think he moved for money, he moved because he felt his position was under threat. Let's not forget it is World-Cup year, BaconButty are you even an Arsenal fan? I haven't seen you post anything remotely positive.

he would still be starting for madrid he picked the easy option and his performances and application on the pitch have showed it

it'd be naive to think the money didn't have a big say in it though he's more than doubled his wages and probably got a massive signing on fee
Reply 806
he would still be starting for madrid he picked the easy option and his performances and application on the pitch have showed it

it'd be naive to think the money didn't have a big say in it though he's more than doubled his wages and probably got a massive signing on fee

How are you sure it was directly for money and not because Madrid had to make up the 80m of Bale..
aren't mourinho and ferguson known for exactly running their clubs from top to bottom especially ferguson?

Well not in the same way, I.e. Ferguson didn't really take training himself and left it to Rene for example.
Original post by AR_95
How are you sure it was directly for money and not because Madrid had to make up the 80m of Bale..

the deal went through on deadline day i'm sure they were desperate to get rid of him
Reply 809
the deal went through on deadline day i'm sure they were desperate to get rid of him

Which pretty much contradicts your initial point doesn't it? You were saying Ozil just wanted the money. But now you're saying Madrid were rushing to get rid of him?
Original post by AR_95
Which pretty much contradicts your initial point doesn't it? You were saying Ozil just wanted the money. But now you're saying Madrid were rushing to get rid of him?

:facepalm2:
aren't mourinho and ferguson known for exactly running their clubs from top to bottom especially ferguson?

Fergie didn't take training for years. He left it to Phelan and Meulesteen so he could focus on managing.
Original post by sr90
Fergie didn't take training for years. He left it to Phelan and Meulesteen so he could focus on managing.

i think that was because he didn't want to be out in the cold
No match thread this evening?
Reply 814
lol bet some of you man can relate to this. sounds just like my dad too :lol:

[video="youtube;2YQY-38ich4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQY-38ich4[/video]
Reply 815
Original post by Birdman1234567

Got bare happy there thinking I've somehow missed that we were playing a league game tonight. Then realised you were talking about the Real Bayern game. :sigh:
Reply 816
Original post by Birdman1234567

Would be better to make one then ask about why one hasn't been made :P
Reply 817
Arsenal is beautiful
I'm so torn. I like both Bayern and RM but my love for RM is more, let them win it! Hala Madrid innit.
Reply 819
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'm so torn. I like both Bayern and RM but my love for RM is more, let them win it! Hala Madrid innit.

**** Bayern and their win over Arsenal

Latest