The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by jam277
I'm a meso. I've got a bit of extra fat but when I lift and run for some time look like a beast. Problem is that I rarely maintain that weight, because when I get to my peak I usually stop going to the gym(money and time issues) and then I go back to meso but slightly fat.

My aim is to cut my weight to the 75kg range. I'm 6ft and I think I've grown a little, I was on 79kg last summer at my peak but I didn't maintain that because I stopped going to gym, I'm now on 82kg. I tend to stay between 80-85kg. Rarely get out of this range.

I just have goals with lifts and how I look in the mirror. I eat at 350 cals above maintenance and this gives me a lean bulk (its different for everyone, some need to eat a lot more, some a lot less).

Bad thing is when i stop working out I go full potato (i.e. corpse mode) pretty soon. But, I bulk up quickly when i go back to the gym.

Would like to find a gf that does not complain so much about the gym going and dieting stuff tbh. Never met a girl that does not make a fuss about it and make me feel bad about it. Yes, i become put under the thumb, lesson learnt. #Foreveralone #Justmeandmyweights
Reply 341
Original post by Deshi
Solid lifts. Had nearly two years of woeful training, tore my ACL which put me out for a few months and then had to wait 8 months for the OP which then resulted in being out for even longer. Frustrating as hell, why did you stop?

The most I;ve squatted since coming back has been 90x5, too scared to keep adding weight. Deads are my favourite though, got 130x8x3 the other day. Our benching is pretty much identical, I tend to have two sets of 8 on 75 and one set of 6 on 80. (will never reach a 100 at the rate I'm going)

Don't know feels of dyel stares, noobs tend to accuse me of being on steroids :rofl: But I am forever cutting as I have way too much fat, I'm seriously bad at it as I can;t keep a half decent diet. I need to start playing footy again for cardio as running is boring. I look pretty big with a pump on though, posted the pic below a month or two ago. Actually impressed with my legs purely because they've been worked the least over the last few years, and since I started lifted again in November I've had to ease back into at snails pace.

Pics of body better then the gym model? (no homo)

A girl. The time I stopped before that was injury, to the rotator cuff.

I find deads hard and have to keep going at them to get anywhere. Strange, because most people find them the easier out of the squat and deadlift, but i find the deadlift harder.
With squat, it is because i have flexible joints (did gymnastics at school and got very high scores on flexibility tests before that) and can go ATG with any weight i get up to as long as i just keep form in mind and don't slack off.

As for bench, being ecto, it is difficult to make progress on (but as i am experienced i have worked out what makes me have pretty quick progression). With what muscle i gain it looks good because i have a small frame to begin with. I just really try my best to train it and keep adding weights and reps, 'shocking' the muscle. I am at an early stage of getting back to it, but after beginner stuff i move on to Layne Norton's PHAT routine, it is pretty much ideal for my goals.

I do follow Rippetoes as a general guideline to get stronger but i like doing more sets and reps because i can keep going, i don't like the programme telling me to stop when i want to train some more.

You look great compared to the gym model (imo) and better than i look atm. Gym model has an unbalanced physique, no legs, v-taper very questionable, questionable symmetry. I am not too big on cardio, i just track calories with www.livestrong.com/myplate , makes it easy to keep track of things on the phone.
Your physique is very much like a rugby player, people (including and especially women, they love it when you are in early stages of r'ship but they get bored with your lifestyle, means they choose you for your looks really) are just jealous/silly/intimidated *****. I would not worry about the fat, it'll come off after cut and you'll become shredded.

I'm on the right here, this was 2 years ago when i was in decent shape so you will know why i am the DYEL type with clothing on lol (would like to get back to that shape) (Strong no homer, except from my boy Zurich on the picture there):

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 342
#Writea****ingessay
Reply 343
Original post by DurhamXI
A girl. The time I stopped before that was injury, to the rotator cuff.

Son I am disappoint

I find deads hard and have to keep going at them to get anywhere. Strange, because most people find them the easier out of the squat and deadlift, but i find the deadlift harder.
With squat, it is because i have flexible joints (did gymnastics at school and got very high scores on flexibility tests before that) and can go ATG with any weight i get up to as long as i just keep form in mind and don't slack off.

As for bench, being ecto, it is difficult to make progress on (but as i am experienced i have worked out what makes me have pretty quick progression). With what muscle i gain it looks good because i have a small frame to begin with. I just really try my best to train it and keep adding weights and reps, 'shocking' the muscle. I am at an early stage of getting back to it, but after beginner stuff i move on to Layne Norton's PHAT routine, it is pretty much ideal for my goals.

I do follow Rippetoes as a general guideline to get stronger but i like doing more sets and reps because i can keep going, i don't like the programme telling me to stop when i want to train some more.

How tall are you?

My benching situation is the same as your deadlifts situation, I have to put so much effort into it just to get small gains, haven;t managed to improve on 80x6 in around 5 weeks.

I don;t follow anything, I'm so disorganised, I just bro split it. Really need to sort it out.

You look great compared to the gym model (imo) and better than i look atm. Gym model has an unbalanced physique, no legs, v-taper very questionable, questionable symmetry. I am not too big on cardio, i just track calories with www.livestrong.com/myplate , makes it easy to keep track of things on the phone.
Your physique is very much like a rugby player, people (including and especially women, they love it when you are in early stages of r'ship but they get bored with your lifestyle, means they choose you for your looks really) are just jealous/silly/intimidated *****. I would not worry about the fat, it'll come off after cut and you'll become shredded.

In clothes I look good, without it's still a bit dodge, I think if I was too measure my BF I'd be low 20s which is pretty poor.

I think intimidated is the most prominent. It's why fat people tend to go out with fat people, fit people with fir people etc. Girls be hating if you look better.

I'm on the right here, this was 2 years ago when i was in decent shape so you will know why i am the DYEL type with clothing on lol (would like to get back to that shape) (Strong no homer, except from my boy Zurich on the picture there):

impressed.jpeg

Yeah I see what you mean, dirty bulk time

Lol at your friends poverty tan.
Reply 344
Dench guy, Vain.

Never been out for a prolonged period of time until now (wrist is ****ed) so reliant on muscle memory after I come back.
dis gon b good

in.jpg
Original post by matchdayG
Dench guy, Vain.

Never been out for a prolonged period of time until now (wrist is ****ed) so reliant on muscle memory after I come back.

same, rotator cuff fully ****ed. if my lifts start to go down a lot, gonna shed some man tears.
Reply 347
ROFL! Chambo trying to get dat Mr.Vain look :lol:

http://instagram.com/p/nLxv0LOs6E/
Reply 348
Original post by Deshi
Son I am disappoint

How tall are you?

My benching situation is the same as your deadlifts situation, I have to put so much effort into it just to get small gains, haven;t managed to improve on 80x6 in around 5 weeks.

I don;t follow anything, I'm so disorganised, I just bro split it. Really need to sort it out.

In clothes I look good, without it's still a bit dodge, I think if I was too measure my BF I'd be low 20s which is pretty poor.

I think intimidated is the most prominent. It's why fat people tend to go out with fat people, fit people with fir people etc. Girls be hating if you look better.

impressed.jpeg

Yeah I see what you mean, dirty bulk time

Lol at your friends poverty tan.

Zurich's tan is hot, don't diss. As for height we are the same height lol.

Girls defs hate at times. Some love. Some hate. It's extremes when you get into good shape.
Reply 349
Got back in training after 9 months off on day after Valentine's Day (Don't ask). Dat muscle memory:

Squat 110kg, could be more but I do ATG. 5x5
D.L. 140kg 1x3 (fail on last 2 reps the other day)
Bench 75kg 4x6

Edit: I don't believe in overtraining. B.s. concept. I train when i want to.

Nigh on identical to me.

I bench a bit more but dead slightly less. (swimmers physique, innit).
5'10.5 master race...

checking in... :frown:
Reply 351
Zurich's tan is hot, don't diss. As for height we are the same height lol.

Girls defs hate at times. Some love. Some hate. It's extremes when you get into good shape.

Eh, have you mentioned your height?
Reply 352
Original post by Deshi
Eh, have you mentioned your height?

No you mentioned yours. Me and you are the same height lol. #Heightfriends
#Nohomo
Original post by The Assassin
5'10.5 master race...

I'm 5'8, but hench as ****...

Inb4 labelling me as manlet.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 354
5'10.5 master race...

decimals for effect
Original post by Isometrix
I'm 5'8, but dench as ****...

Inb4 labelling me as manlet.

lmao, ****ing manlet! you mad your life will amount to nothing because of your height?

I kid. I know those feels (most of my friends are 6'2+ and in the gym there's absolutely no one who I see as my height (srs lol))

Original post by Pete_91
decimals for effect

I prefer using cm/m (179cm) but hardly anyone in this country uses them for height :redface:
lmao, ****ing manlet! you mad your life will amount to nothing because of your height?

I kid. I know those feels (most of my friends are 6'2+ and in the gym there's absolutely no one who I see as my height (srs lol))

I prefer using cm/m (179cm) but hardly anyone in this country uses them for height :redface:

Allow, besides my body is quite well proportioned anyway so I don't actually look short perceptually. it's only when I'm standing next to someone 6ft+ you would notice i think...

I quite like being my height anyway, cos guys get jelly when I land all the honaayyyzz.

Lol this thread is making me talk like such a douche!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 357

Fair play, I'm only just at the 6ft mark. (183cm I think?)
Reply 358
****ing tall ****ers
Reply 359

Latest