The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm a local applicant and I applied to the A100.
Anyone whos had offers from the hold list how did you recieve your offer? was it via UCAS or did the University E-mail you?

Any A101 offers/rejections made from the hold list yet?
Original post by berry0910
Anyone whos had offers from the hold list how did you recieve your offer? was it via UCAS or did the University E-mail you?

Any A101 offers/rejections made from the hold list yet?

I'm on the waiting list for A101 as well and I don't think anyone has received an offer/rejection as of yet on TSR...
Reply 3463
Original post by jimjam123
I'm on the waiting list for A101 as well and I don't think anyone has received an offer/rejection as of yet on TSR...

I have just received an offer for A101! I was on the waiting list. Best of luck to others still waiting to hear :smile:
Congratulations kipps, hopefully I'll hear back soon..! Did you have to send them a reference, or did it just appear on track/get an email?
Reply 3465
Hey guys, I got an offer for medicine A100 course yesterday, I had my interview in December, this is my second application to Leicester and my 3rd application for medicine in general. I wish the best of luck to those still waiting, and remember if you really want to do Medicine one rejection should not throw you off, just try and try again.
Reply 3466
Original post by jimjam123
Congratulations kipps, hopefully I'll hear back soon..! Did you have to send them a reference, or did it just appear on track/get an email?

Thank you :smile: I'd sent a reference back in October with UCAS so they didn't mention that. I got an email and track update at the same time.
Reply 3467
Original post by DPJ
Hey guys, I got an offer for medicine A100 course yesterday, I had my interview in December, this is my second application to Leicester and my 3rd application for medicine in general. I wish the best of luck to those still waiting, and remember if you really want to do Medicine one rejection should not throw you off, just try and try again.

Hi, congratulations!!! You are a local or international applicant?
Hey.. Literally minutes after writing my post on Thursday I got an offer from the hold list for A101!!.. I really hope there is some good news coming for anyone still waiting!! Don't give up yet! xx
Hey.. Literally minutes after writing my post on Thursday I got an offer from the hold list for A101!!.. I really hope there is some good news coming for anyone still waiting!! Don't give up yet! xx

Congrats!!! See you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Massive congratulations! :biggrin: Is anyone else on the waiting list still waiting for a reply?....... or is it only me...? :s-smilie:
Reply 3471
local applicant
Does anyone know what the cut off score for interview was this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
Does anyone know what the cut off score for interview was this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msce/undergraduate/medicine/admissionsupdates

If I have achieved a levels how does that work? Do they still just use my gcse's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
If I have achieved a levels how does that work? Do they still just use my gcse's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On that page is a link to the a100 admissions criteria. It tells you all you need to know but if I remember correctly gcses do make up part of your score

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amyk89
On that page is a link to the a100 admissions criteria. It tells you all you need to know but if I remember correctly gcses do make up part of your score

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I found it :smile: they score gcse's as normal and you add 1 point per A* at A2 up to 30 points total! Seems odd for it to ve the A* but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow okay so I just received an offer for the A100 course, I'm international and I don't know what to do. All this while I was sure I was going to be rejected and my family didn't want me doing medicine unless I got in this year so I had pretty much talked myself out of it. Then I got into NYU for biochem I quickly grew very excited about spending the next 4 years of my life in New York, and NOW I get in? what am I even supposed to do this feels like a joke. Help.
Original post by medic77
Wow okay so I just received an offer for the A100 course, I'm international and I don't know what to do. All this while I was sure I was going to be rejected and my family didn't want me doing medicine unless I got in this year so I had pretty much talked myself out of it. Then I got into NYU for biochem I quickly grew very excited about spending the next 4 years of my life in New York, and NOW I get in? what am I even supposed to do this feels like a joke. Help.

Pros for NY:
Having lived in Leicester since I arrived at med school back in 1986 I can honestly say that New York is likely to be a little more exciting :redface:
If you have already talked yourself out of medicine it's possible that you weren't 100% sold on it to start with?
Biochem could lead to a huge wealth of potential future careers.
Someone else more desperate than you will be offered the place if you decline Leicester's offer and will, undoubtedly, be incredibly happy as a result.
Pros for Leicester:
Leicester is a great med school and a lovely friendly city. It is a truly cosmopolitan/multicultural place and therefore offers a very warm welcome to overseas students.
This may well be the only opportunity you ever have to become a doctor; if you hate the course you could bale-out and reapply to NYU next year.
Being a doctor is a wonderful career offering a truly life-affirming existence.

Yeah, I know, clear as mud...

Good luck whatever you decide to do :smile:
Hey

I just wanted to let you know about this group set up for all 2014 Leicester offer holders!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490095044539946/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending