The Student Room Group

AQA AS Geography GEOG 1 12th May

GEOG 1 tomorrow :frown: :frown: So scared!

my topics are rivers, coasts, health and population.

What questions/topics do you think are going to come up on the exam tomorrow?
Original post by vogueegirl
GEOG 1 tomorrow :frown: :frown: So scared!

my topics are rivers, coasts, health and population.

What questions/topics do you think are going to come up on the exam tomorrow?

i personally think that for rivers it will be to do with management schemes, but i'm really not too sure. Has anyone else got any idea?
Hey guys, I really want to know what might come up tomorrow, what patterns show etc, because the exam is in 24 hours and I am so not prepared and there is too much to do and memorise before then - I need to know the predicted 15 marks particularly, I am doing rivers, coasts, population and health. thank you very much, nay help will be appreciated!!
Reply 3
Original post by deyahkerwat
i personally think that for rivers it will be to do with management schemes, but i'm really not too sure. Has anyone else got any idea?

Ahh yes it could be. For that I would write about the three gorge river in China and soft engineering in Abingdon.

Do you think the demographic transition model will come up? for some reason I have a strange feeling it will
Reply 4
I don't think the DTM will come up as it has the last few years! I am so nervous as I know so little! So unprepared!!!
Reply 5
I would say the most probable rivers 15 mark question will be something like describe and explain the formation of landforms resulting from rejuvenation (knick points, waterfalls, river terraces and incised meanders) because they've only tested that once in jan 12 and that was only a 2 mark question.
Original post by Jo E
I would say the most probable rivers 15 mark question will be something like describe and explain the formation of landforms resulting from rejuvenation (knick points, waterfalls, river terraces and incised meanders) because they've only tested that once in jan 12 and that was only a 2 mark question.

nah shutup joe
Original post by deyahkerwat
nah shutup joe

they tested it in June 09 as well and it was a 15 marker which asked "Describe and explain the landforms resulting from rejuvenation"
Reply 8
Original post by Jo E

ahhh I'll make sure I know my stuff for that then!
Reply 9
absolutely pooing myself for this exam, especially as I'm resitting it from last year!
Rivers, Cold environments, Population and Health!

GOOD LUCK!
Reply 10
Original post by savjl
absolutely pooing myself for this exam, especially as I'm resitting it from last year!
Rivers, Cold environments, Population and Health!

GOOD LUCK!

I was resitting it too! What did you think of it? I found some of the questions difficult but I can't really tell how I've done. I'm praying I've got a C which is what I need! Do you know how many marks are needed for a C?

x
Did this exam today (Rivers, Coasts, Population & Health)

The 15 marker for Population was a bugger...

'The advantages of population change in urban and rural areas outweigh the disadvantages'
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Don't you just hate questions like these!

I literally had no idea what to write and completely ****ed it up! Our teacher hadn't taught us anything about it :angry:
Im not sure how I felt about that exam to be honest.
The 15 markers could have been way more nicer :frown:
Original post by priyanka_c
Im not sure how I felt about that exam to be honest.
The 15 markers could have been way more nicer :frown:

I agree particularly the pop change one !!!!!!!
Does anyone have any good revision notes?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending