The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Transfer courses second year.

I applied to nottingham for Geography Bsc at AAB requirements. i didn’t achieve this and got A B D, maybe after a remark A* B D( 2 marks off A* in geog) so i applied through clearing for Archaeolofy and geography at nottingham, i am now doing that course and have been told that i could potentially be able to swap to bsc geography after the first year if i do well/show my ability. do you think this would be possible?
Did you get the information about the possibility of transferring in writing?
If not then I would recommend that you ring them up and ask them to explain exactly what criteria you would need to meet from first year to transfer and how and when you would need to request the move
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by PQ
If not then I would recommend that you ring them up and ask them to explain exactly what criteria you would need to meet from first year to transfer and how and when you would need to request the move

but they just rejected my geog application so how could i ask so soon?
Original post by jerrymandattyh

no i didn’t get it in writing
Original post by PQ

Who told you that a transfer was a possibility
Original post by PQ
Who told you that a transfer was a possibility

well my teachers at my school when i was doing clearing and then i asked someone at the uni and they said it can happen, it’s not formal but i was wondering if it does happen and if what i said about having a good first year can increase chances of being able to transfer courses
well my teachers at my school when i was doing clearing and then i asked someone at the uni and they said it can happen, it’s not formal but i was wondering if it does happen and if what i said about having a good first year can increase chances of being able to transfer courses

A transfer in yr 2 is going to be dependent on you studying any pre-requisite modules for the year 2 geog degree during your first year on the combined course.

If you have the prerequisite modules that would let you switch then it’ll be down to the transfer policy of the university which usually means agreement from both departments.

if you want to study geography then I would caution against starting a joint honours in the hope of switching personally. You’d be better off looking elsewhere for a geography degree in clearing
Original post by PQ
A transfer in yr 2 is going to be dependent on you studying any pre-requisite modules for the year 2 geog degree during your first year on the combined course.

If you have the prerequisite modules that would let you switch then it’ll be down to the transfer policy of the university which usually means agreement from both departments.

if you want to study geography then I would caution against starting a joint honours in the hope of switching personally. You’d be better off looking elsewhere for a geography degree in clearing

i’ve already accepted it, have accommodation and everything, i’ve wanted to go nottingham for ages so don’t wanna change, i guess i’ll hope for a transfer lol
i’ve already accepted it, have accommodation and everything, i’ve wanted to go nottingham for ages so don’t wanna change, i guess i’ll hope for a transfer lol

Talk to your tutors when you arrive and explain this - they'll be able to help you make yr 1 module option choices to maximise the chance of a transfer in year 2
Original post by PQ
Talk to your tutors when you arrive and explain this - they'll be able to help you make yr 1 module option choices to maximise the chance of a transfer in year 2

okay, thank you for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending