The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ggmu!
Hahahahahahahahaha, you have good friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not gonna lie, they can be funny at times.

i'm the smart one of the group.
go figure...
Original post by Yaboy Thatcher
Wait White Dress is stG?

Wtf was going through your head coming up with the name white dress lol

runaway_bride_man_in_wedding_dress_interrupts_braves_game.jpg

?

and maybe overrated but meh
Reply 1342
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
not gonna lie, they can be funny at times.

i'm the smart one of the group.
go figure...

I know your pain. Imagine how retarded my friends are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
I like the independent.

Daily mail is funny though. That's the new funday times.

FUNDAY TIMES

Posted from TSR Mobile

Independent pisses me off sometimes, not enough stuff of substance in there
Reply 1344
Original post by White Dress
Independent pisses me off sometimes, not enough stuff of substance in there

To be honest I judge papers on how they cover the same story, and I tend to see more impartial and fact based reporting on the independent. The Guardian and Daily Mail make your mind up for you before you've finished the article.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Night lads ( and luke)

I'm just kidding

Don't hurt me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
To be honest I judge papers on how they cover the same story, and I tend to see more impartial and fact based reporting on the independent. The Guardian and Daily Mail make your mind up for you before you've finished the article.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want my mind made up for me, but I do want strong opinions. I think it's laughable that you're comparing the DM with TG, obvious right wing is obvious. The Independent has no decent opinions, it's ****e for that imo, and a bit too bland for my liking. I like a mix of The Guardian and The Times normally.
Reply 1347
I don't want my mind made up for me, but I do want strong opinions. I think it's laughable that you're comparing the DM with TG, obvious right wing is obvious. The Independent has no decent opinions, it's ****e for that imo, and a bit too bland for my liking. I like a mix of The Guardian and The Times normally.

Fair enough, I see what you mean. I like my facts to be from the papers and if it's worth it I like to listen to opinions from an analyst or expert in its respective field.

I've found that just reporting on the Indian election by English press is laughable, and the Guardian lead the charge as the scare mongering horse. At the same time I get the guardian is a paper with slightly purer intentions than dm, but to me they are opposite sides of a similar coin.

Bland news is good, keep it to the facts. Too many stupid people around who are convinced by what they perceive as trusted and unbiased sources of news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Fair enough, I see what you mean. I like my facts to be from the papers and if it's worth it I like to listen to opinions from an analyst or expert in its respective field.

I've found that just reporting on the Indian election by English press is laughable, and the Guardian lead the charge as the scare mongering horse. At the same time I get the guardian is a paper with slightly purer intentions than dm, but to me they are opposite sides of a similar coin.

Bland news is good, keep it to the facts. Too many stupid people around who are convinced by what they perceive as trusted and unbiased sources of news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of politics, who is the expert in the field? The experts are the journalists, they're well entitled to put their slant on things.

Can't comment on Indian elections coverage, I don't give a ****e and havent been following tbh. Modi winning is outrageous but it seems 200 well known skeletons in the closet are not a hindrance when you have the financial nous that he does. (can't do this discussion because I cna't remember all the necessary facts)

come on man, you've read the DM. There is literally no way that you can compare it to The Guardian.
Wtf is this intellectual discussion in the misc thread
tfw when next year is the first time you can vote

and you vote for UKIP
Original post by AR_95
Night lads ( and luke)

I'm just kidding

Don't hurt me

Posted from TSR Mobile

sfe man
Original post by AR_95
Night lads ( and luke)

I'm just kidding

Don't hurt me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

i find it funny how you can imagine the world where i could hurt anyone... :frown:

Original post by hello101010
Wtf is this intellectual discussion in the misc thread

there's a first time for everything:awesome:
Reply 1353
In terms of politics, who is the expert in the field? The experts are the journalists, they're well entitled to put their slant on things.

Can't comment on Indian elections coverage, I don't give a ****e and havent been following tbh. Modi winning is outrageous but it seems 200 well known skeletons in the closet are not a hindrance when you have the financial nous that he does. (can't do this discussion because I cna't remember all the necessary facts)

come on man, you've read the DM. There is literally no way that you can compare it to The Guardian.

I suppose you've got a point. I suppose we're doing the same thing but we consider different sources for the expert opinion. I'd agree that they're well entitled to give their slant.

It's not outrageous when you think about the fact you can't fight an election on things that aren't real. People genuinely thought they could beat Modi by constantly bringing up 2002 (which he's been cleared of) and his 'Hindu Nationalist' line. The reporters and writers are always some coconut beef eating ****head who can call on your average Indian not to vote for their future but for the political identity in India, which is fake. They sit on their professorships in their enlightened position, pleased to have made it among white people so they shed their culture. These are the Indians who want us to be British. These are the ones who think Modi is the next Hitler or we. Muslims showed how they feel by supporting for Modi.

It's the way the Guardian just always need to push a non issue, cosy up with minorities and just at times generally ridiculous articles. It's not as bad as dm, they're professional at being ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
pipe down love

When did i call you a slut lol that was tom

Cringe :s:

You said "just don't do a slu" I thought you were calling me a slut....

edit: but I now know you were referring to someone else...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1355
Is yaboy banned? Noticed a few typos in my retorts to him yesterday. ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miel Purple
Cringe :s:

You said "just don't do a slu" I thought you were calling me a slut....

It's a reference for some one else..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Is yaboy banned? Noticed a few typos in my retorts to him yesterday. ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is Yaboy ever really banned?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1358
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 :lol: thread went dead after I went to bed, it's always better at night when everyone's not as aware what they're doing.
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

i saw that as one of the old japanese proverbs:

"if a tree falls and nobody is around to hear it, does the sound exist?"

"is yaboy ever really banned?"

Latest