The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHOO
I think Cadburys wernt even as popular back then

Cadbury's products have been popular for over a century.
Reply 3821
Original post by sr90
Cadbury's products have been popular for over a century.

I wouldn't know, I'm only 21
Original post by SHOO
Did they even exist when you guys last won the league?

I think Cadburys wernt even as popular back then

well since freddos were created in 1930, no.

nice try though, keep going!

Original post by Peggles_*
As a Liverpool fan I'm not entirely sure you should be partaking in such mockery considering 25 years with no league title and all, especially how it's your God given right! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

who says i was mocking?
maybe i was asking for a real price of freddos at that time, since their price inflation has been commonly used as measure of our economic state.
completely incorrect and a ridiculous, simplistic premise, but i like to bring a bit of nerd to these football threads:cool:

Original post by SHOO
Haha most of these fans wernt even alive at the time

srs guys, so much hate.

surely me supporting a team who i have never experienced the glory of a title win with, is a good thing?
the sign of a devoted fan who isn't a glory supporter?
Original post by Luke_Mckeown

srs guys, so much hate.

surely me supporting a team who i have never experienced the glory of a title win with, is a good thing?

You people are annoying as **** so no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3824
well since freddos were created in 1930, no.

nice try though, keep going!

who says i was mocking?
maybe i was asking for a real price of freddos at that time, since their price inflation has been commonly used as measure of our economic state.
completely incorrect and a ridiculous, simplistic premise, but i like to bring a bit of nerd to these football threads:cool:

srs guys, so much hate.

I'd say the "hate" comments are a knee-jerk reaction to the ones received in the first place.

You're like the worst person to give these to because you don't chat as much **** as the majority of other fans do :/

Butttt.. One should never let an opportunity go :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop generalising, there are decent Liverpool fans out there, leave Luke alone :P

srs guys, so much hate.

Glory hunter isn't the word, although you probably supported them because they were popular and if they were a conference north side you might never of heard of em.

I prefer to use the term plastic fan.

srs guys, so much hate.

Only if you're a scouser really, and even then it's 50/50 between Everton and Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice stereotypical labeling there.
i'm beginning to expect no less tbh.

also not a valid response to my actual question?
"i can't answer the question so i'll just swear..."
Original post by sr90
Just getting this out there since I won't be able to after today...

The last time Arsenal won a trophy:

- The Iphone hadn't been invented
- Facebook wasn't available to the general public and Twitter didn't exist
- YouTube was in beta and hadn't been officially launched
- The Crazy Frog was #1 in the charts
- Petrol was 86p per litre
- Swansea were in League Two
- Luke Shaw was 9 years old

Judging by the quality of his posts sr90 was only 4 years old
Reply 3830
Original post by samir12
Stop generalising, there are decent Liverpool fans out there, thats just poor.

I think we've all tried to give Liverpool fans a chance, or two. But everytime they piss us off.. More so than Chelsea & city fans

United fans will always be scums
Original post by samir12
Stop generalising, there are decent Liverpool fans out there, leave Luke alone :P

I'm pretty sure people make sweeping generalisations about Arsenal fans!! The 'London Scousers' which is ridiculous in itself are just awful. Never seen so many Liverpool fans down South in my life, frightful sights!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko

Judging by the quality of his posts sr90 was only 4 years old

lul.
Original post by SHOO
I'd say the "hate" comments are a knee-jerk reaction to the ones received in the first place.

You're like the worst person to give these to because you don't chat as much **** as the majority of other fans do :/

Butttt.. One should never let an opportunity go :wink:

i don't give out hate comments, come on man :tongue:

haha thanks for the compliment (i think?)
but nah, i don't blame you really

for many people, they aren't getting "me", they're getting a liverpool fan, so job done for them.

Original post by samir12

yay, at least i have one supported for every 5 haters :wink:

Original post by yaboy GdLuckJon
Glory hunter isn't the word, although you probably supported them because they were popular and if they were a conference north side you might never of heard of em.

I prefer to use the term plastic fan.

yep, plastic fan
11 years and counting...

i wont go over the story of me beginning to support liverpool all those years ago, but i can assure you that my time as a fan hasn't really been littered with glory.

if i wished for glory, surely i would've just tagged on and supported united?

Original post by Zürich
Only if you're a scouser really, and even then it's 50/50 between Everton and Liverpool.

nope - football is a game of entertainment; anybody is entitled to support whoever they wish to support no matter where they come from (in my opinion)
Reply 3834
Fredo is **** anyway.
nice stereotypical labeling there.
i'm beginning to expect no less tbh.

also not a valid response to my actual question?
"i can't answer the question so i'll just swear..."

Clearly have never heard of anyone calling us a "bunch of Latte Firmers" then have you!! My labelling is based on those Liverpool fans I was unfortunate enough to spend time with!

It was perfectly valid, I said no because you people are annoying and terrible to be around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure people make sweeping generalisations about Arsenal fans!! The 'London Scousers' which is ridiculous in itself are just awful. Never seen so many Liverpool fans down South in my life, frightful sights!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the London Scousers got to do with anything? I'm talking about you generalising all Liverpools as annoying **** so you just take it out on the decent ones, while I admit a lot of Liverpool fans can be arrogant ****s, you are no better than the people who make those generalisations about Arsenal fans.
Clearly have never heard of anyone calling us a "bunch of Latte Firmers" then have you!! My labelling is based on those Liverpool fans I was unfortunate enough to spend time with!

It was perfectly valid, I said no because you people are annoying and terrible to be around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that makes literally no sense

an individual's personality is not defined solely by the football team they support.
of course when talking about the sport, their chosen team can influence things, but to dismiss or insult somebody based purely on the team they support is ridiculous.

i would put it on a similar comparable level to ridiculing somebody's religion or being racist.
the implications aren't as severe, but the thought process is similar.
Original post by samir12
What's the London Scousers got to do with anything? I'm talking about you generalising all Liverpools as annoying **** so you just take it out on the decent ones, while I admit a lot of Liverpool fans can be arrogant ****s, you are no better than the people who make those generalisations about Arsenal fans.

NO ONE separates Arsenal fans though, so don't expect people to do that for you lot.

As I said in my post after, the ones I know are just awful to be around, I'm yet to come across a decent Liverpool fan so from my experience they are all annoying. If one happens to not fit the norm then by all means I will change my view but until then, I won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12

where are the "decent" Liverpool fans on this thread atm? I can't see any

Latest