The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
I thought we were done being a feeder club but it looks like last year was a blip and we're back to filling the quota of losing at least 1 first teamer per season

I dont care who goes lets just get rid of wenger, gazidis kroenke or anyone and try and bring in Dennis bergkamp and Thierry Henry

#marblehalls

I'm dying man.
Original post by Zürich
Good job Utd dont have players worth taking eh?

3rd best striker in the league
2nd best AM in the league
future best keeper in the world
Why is baconbutty(Chelski fan) trying to pretend to be a gooner? smh

Original post by manchesterunited15
3rd best striker in the league
2nd best AM in the league

Big tings a gwan at utd then
(edited 9 years ago)
Who the **** are all these jamz? There's a new one every 3 pages :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

Implying that if you don't have the best player in the league in a certain position then it's not worth talking about who you do have?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Feeder club?

Intertoto Cup club?
Original post by Numan786
Who the **** are all these jamz? There's a new one every 3 pages :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

slow jamz is SUG (kanye west song title is always him)
Original post by EmperorMustard
Intertoto Cup club?

actually win the league sometimes club?
Original post by e aí rapaz
I don't really care if he goes to City but that old excuse of top footballers needing to earn so much because their career is so short is just stupid.

If you had the chance to earn that much money at one of the top employers in your field, knowing that in a few years your earnings potential would be vastly reduced, you would take it. We all would, don't even pretend to claim otherwise.
Original post by Zürich

Lol at 3rd best striker.
who do you think arsenal should buy?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
If you had the chance to earn that much money at one of the top employers in your field, knowing that in a few years your earnings potential would be vastly reduced, you would take it. We all would, don't even pretend to claim otherwise.

I never said I wouldn't.

My argument was against the oft-made assertion that footballers NEED the extra money that a 140k contract brings over a 60k contract. Not whether or not they WANT it.
Reply 5232
Original post by sr90

But that's different to the whole he needs to earn money to secure his family's future crap that people are mentioning. That excuse is made up crap and people stop using it because chasing money has not correlating to securing their family future. A lot of them go bankrupt soon after retiring. Go figure.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't respond to scrawl is the worst troll on the forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
was not being serious at all

I knew that, hence the "Haha" to begin with. Was referring to other people, not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
I knew that, hence the "Haha" to begin with. Was referring to other people, not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm guessing this is a Zurich dupe or pisstake ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
Lol at 3rd best striker.

Suarez > Aguero >> van Persie > Sturridge?
Reply 5237
Hearing loads on the possible return of Fabregas. That'll be one of the big signings if it happens, and if it does, we may need to compromise another target.

So, if Fabregas returns, and we get a striker, vela and Aurier.. Would it be ok?

Can we live with having flamini and Arteta to play alongside Ramsey?

Orr, alternatively, can be have Fabregas playing next to Ramsey?

So, could this work:-

Fabregas Ramsey

Walcott Ozil/Cazorla Vela/Cazorla

Striker/Giroud

Or:-

Flamini/Arteta Ramsey

Walcott Ozil/Fabregas Vela/Cazorla

Striker/Giroud
Original post by Slow Jamz
Suarez > Aguero >> van Persie > Sturridge?

atm sturridge is above van Persie.

That ****er jovetic tho ruined his career going to city should of stayed at florentina or joined us haha :tongue: he would of been perfect for us tho :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Hearing loads on the possible return of Fabregas. That'll be one of the big signings if it happens, and if it does, we may need to compromise another target.

So, if Fabregas returns, and we get a striker, vela and Aurier.. Would it be ok?

Can we live with having flamini and Arteta to play alongside Ramsey?

Orr, alternatively, can be have Fabregas playing next to Ramsey?

So, could this work:-

Fabregas Ramsey

Walcott Ozil/Cazorla Vela/Cazorla

Striker/Giroud

Or:-

Flamini/Arteta Ramsey

Walcott Ozil/Fabregas Vela/Cazorla

Striker/Giroud

That would be an alright window by arsenes standards. We should ideally get a dm though and why the **** is no one saying we should go in for caulker the guys English, talented and young.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest